suggest some godd formal shoe brands

try this

Shoestyle Ambur | Facebook

they export most of their stuff to europe, they have a manufacturing unit in ambur..very reasonable ..

i bought martenilli shoes for 750! from them and have been using in the desert in dubai for over 6 months without so much as a scratch on them..

rite said:
I prefer to buy with a soft cushion :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I couldn't find any formal shoes at Woodland's website :(

Woodland

WOODLAND

All were casual shoes.

Woodland`s formal range is called Woods.Instead of searching online,go to a retail shop.Timberland has very few formal shoes,but they are very good.@o.p,if you are in kolkata,check out the Timberland showroom in South City.

rite said:
and they may not even be any better as Timberland is usually considered a slightly lower down brand than the above two IMO.

So you will probably need to check them in store to find which is more comfortable for you.

IMO if you go to Rockport once, I doubt you would want to check other stores after that :)

Timberland is far more expensive at least in India.

Gannu said:
I use a pair of el-cheapo steel-toe boots now thanks to the kind of work I am involved with! :(
Where did you buy those steel toes from?I have lost my caterpillar steel toes(they were awesome but bloody expensive)and I need one urgently.

You should be able to easily get almost all Timberland shoes in the 4-8k range, or at least most. Rockport and TH are slightly more expensive with the range starting at 7-8k but ending within 1-2k or so.

If you are talking about Rockport oxfords not loafers/slippers.

There isn't much of a range at least in DLF Place, Saket. There are just a few shoes, mostly 8k, one or two at 7/9k. And this is full retail of course!

vivek.krishnan said:
Had the same problem here, needed formal shoes for the presentation day, went with hush puppies, might be around 1k, dont remember pricing, but my bro went with some other brand. He got it for 2K, but he is a size 12/13, and bata did not have the shoes in his size.
What brand has a decent collection of size 12 shoes (~2k). Really had a hard time getting one last time and need one now :(
@OP: Sorry to barge into your thread. If you feel its OT i will start a separate thread. But didnt want to flooed GT with shoe threads ;)

will go to the mall check the rockport and timberland collections. guys will it be cheaper if i get the shoes from amazon???

Almedo Testoni

Salvatore Ferragamo

Gucci

Barker Blacks

Berlutis

Allodi

British Crockett

Jones

One more thing, if you want comfort, nothing beats Dr.Scholls, though they aren't the best looking, but okay in that sphere. And they are like 2-4k or so.

Lee cooper stands in the league btw Red Tape and Hush Puppies, something which costs 1.5-2.5k+- or so, maybe a bit more for higher models.

Don't know much about expensive formal footwear, but i can give you the same adice my dad(Doctor M.B.B.S[MRCP]) gives all of his patients.

According to him Brand-name and style are very subjective. When you decide to buy a shoe, be it formal or casual, you tend to give greater emphasis on the brand-name and its styling. Often you'll find that when you've settled on a shoe, its price will be out of your budget. Or in rarer cases, the Brand-image is not upto your mark even though its styling hits the sweet spot. But what everyone forgets when selecting the right shoe is cushioning and comfort. Any shoe, no matter how expensive, is bound to give you muscle-ache in your feet within 6 months of use. My dad says that 80% of his patients who come to him with issues in the feet is because of poor footwear selection. He always recommends buying those Dr. Scholls gel insoles along with new shoes to all of his patients with similar problems. My dad is a well-acknowledged GP with over 25 years of experience. Hope i've been of help :)

BTW...i own a nice looking pair of Franco Leone formals :)

thanks bro...i have used lee-cooper for a long time they are good...but for last 2 years i have been using sneakers from asics and mizuno because i have low arch foot. so i need a show which doesnt hurt my foot. i am thinking of getting the timberland as i was checking the amazon they have good designs.

dr.sankhadeep said:
thanks bro...

No problem dude :) I do know ASICS comes highly recommended by a lot of athletes, but thats all. Try researching more on insoles that are specifically designed for a low-arch foot and save up some money for that.

trigger said:
Franco Leone - even I got it last month.. didn't get a chance to try it though..
But mine aren't expensive. I think the pair cost me around 2k excluding a Rs.180/- insole.

Back