suggest some godd formal shoe brands

Ya, they are. But they are available locally and one can try and buy them. Also, they may be softer than most AEs. However, AEs are more serious shoes according to most and much more expensive besides not being available here.

Dude, DrScholls is more comfortable than Rockport AFAIK. Rockport is only slightly better looking and more to show to your friends by spending >2x. However, DrScholls might be more comfortable, but it depends on the individual to be honest!

@rite bro what should i do??? rockport or allen edmonds....i will wear AE occasionally for parties .. basically most of the times i wear sneakers

I had the same question in front of me. But with me the thing is that I can't wear a hard shoe, nor a heavy shoe. And I don't buy shoes without trying, unlike the rest of the wardrobe.

So I had to go for Rockport locally. Also, they have a 30% sale flat off atm :)

Back to the point, you will need to risk it with AEs. They may be great, and if they are soft, you tell me and I will order one piece too :D

But if they aren't soft, go ahead and buy Rockport in a sale. You will need to risk it. Rockport is a safe option and you can't really go wrong with it. But AEs are far far superior and much better looking, but there is a significant risk involved which might ruin your investment if the shoes don't turn out as you require.

If I were you I would go for Rockport, but if you can afford to buy 2 shoes/and or risk it, get a AE and let me know how it goes. Worst comes worst, till end of July there is a sale at Rockport and you can buy a new pair for 30% less. Chances are you will be able to retrieve 30-40%+ value of the AEs even if you sell it on Ebay USA.

So you need to decide the risk factor :)

Just a note:

There are Rockport shoes which are nearly as comfortable as really comfortable sneakers, and very light too. However, if you wear sneakers as a routine, best of luck with AE.

thanks rite bro....will get the rockport first...ferragamo shoes are really awesome cant get them out of my mind...:no: its all bcoz of techead bro who mentioned about the brand:mad:

The brand you mentioned is like six hundred dollars. 10k is for fake i guess.

If you are willing to compromise on either softness or lightness then john brothers nears ae levels for 7k or so

ferragamo

Even I was talking of this one. This starts like 2x of AE.

I would say stick to Rockport, JB or AE. Don't spend 17k on a shoe you can't even try.

yeah bro...cant afford to spend 17k now because recently bought an omega...so need to save up a little. its either rockport or AE ..rite bro tell me one thing how much is the cost difference of rockport shoes in india and if i get it from US.

icc quote for this shoe Amazon.com: Rockport Men's Wooster Wingtip Oxford: Shoes

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 4048

International Shipping: Rs. 630

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 1106

How come nobody has mentioned Clarks here? I just got a pair and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I got mine for 5K.

PS: I have worn brands like Hush Puppies, Aldo, Lee Cooper, Red Tape, etc earlier and Clarks is just too good. My pair is very comfortable and well cushioned.

Back