Suggestions for good anime/manga

Re: Anime Fans

started reading the Vulgar Ghost Daydream manga. Its a horror type manga about ghosts. has lots of nudity and some gore since subject matter is about abnormal deaths.

Not for people who get frightened easily.

Finished watching Cowboy Bebop and Afro Samurai... both are kick-ass animes and cult-classics in themselves. Will watch movies of both animes this weekend, Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heavens Door and Afro Samurai - Resurrection.

The Sorcerer said:
:hap2: I got this since nuke has good taste in anime (No doubt :bleh:). This is a good watch one can add this to their collection.

hmm seems like a period anime anyways just finished watching darker than black the story was okayish and the ending was a bit gimmicky you know trying to emulate the whole hardron collider stuff :p but the anime had its moments with some memorable episodes.

and i want some really nice neo cyberpunk anime please EXCLUDE the following while your suggesting

1.Ghost in the shell
2.akira
3.vexille
4.ergo proxy
5.apple seed

6pack said:
started reading the Vulgar Ghost Daydream manga. Its a horror type manga about ghosts. has lots of nudity and some gore since subject matter is about abnormal deaths.
Not for people who get frightened easily.

eh id prefer this in animation :D ... would be more scarier .. just like Jigoku Shōjo

I like how Afro Samurai mixed different genres and cultures very well... one of the best collaboration project IMHO.

Speaking of which... I would really like to watch Transmetropolitan in Anime version. Stories, setting/atmosphere and kick-ass characters are all there for one hell of a cyberpunk anime, some good Japanese anime studio need to step up and make it in a good series. Judging by Watanabe's style (Cowboy Bebop and especially Samurai Champloo), I think he'll be the best man for the job.

anyone watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood ?? its very interesting so far so gud.. i cant wait for next episode!!

Started watching Bakemonogatari. The back and forth between the characters is pretty entertaining. One of the better ongoing anime series.

Scorpy said:
eh id prefer this in animation :D ... would be more scarier .. just like Jigoku Shōjo

it has an animated version too. just saw it some days back - Ghost Talker Daydream
but story was changed a lot in the animated version, since its just 4 episodes.

Saw Gunbuster - Aim for top 2 and now watching Umi Monogatari.

i want some really nice neo cyberpunk anime please EXCLUDE the following while your suggesting

1.Ghost in the shell
2.akira
3.vexille
4.ergo proxy
5.apple see

already posted it but nobody seemed to answer it :(

Eh finished seeing Love Hina and Love Hina Again ... nice tp .. and funny ... currently seeing clannad ..

ubergeek said:
i want some really nice neo cyberpunk anime please EXCLUDE the following while your suggesting

1.Ghost in the shell
2.akira
3.vexille
4.ergo proxy
5.apple see

already posted it but nobody seemed to answer it :(

Armitage - III, Dual Matrix, Poly Matrix
Outlaw Star
Real Drive
Serial Experiments Lain (nukeu666 has already mentioned)
Shangrila
Silent Mobius
Texhnolyze
The Animatrix
Metropolis
Freedom
Cowboy Bepop
Outlaw Star
Bubblegum Crisis
.Hack series

^^ of those I've only seen CB and outlaw star which I found to be disappointing. Gonna check out lain and freedom asap.

Back