Car & Bike Suggestions on a new car

^ @greenhorn - But you still bought a Tata :D

Its obvious that 'muneemk' has a score to settle. The whole issue is down to that particular dealer there, sadly he's extrapolating it to Fiat. Of course, he himself sold a chap a lemon, so I'm not sure how he's taking the moral high ground.

I could write enough on maruti dealer(s) to fill a book, and I don't even work for them.

A recent example: my esteem and an uncle's palio met with accidents in a span of 1 week (no it wasn't me driving :lol: ). Long story short - the Palio was done (surprisingly) quite well and with no issues. The Esteem in contrast hasn't been finished well, took extremely long, in addition to an arrogant manager who refused to start work till I paid them a deposit.. surprisingly when dad did show up to pay, their supposed 'company policy' had magically been reversed :lol:

The above example makes it very clear why its down to the dealers to make/break a brand.

The thread seems to be by someone pissed off at his employer... more of a rant at that dealer trying to pull in FIAT unnecessarily.

Anyway, the difference of 1.6lacks is quite a diff, and I think I will settle for the IKON, I would love to own the Linea, but then again, nobody could point out anything wrong about the IKON, and it's a decent buy.

The car will be booked today before sunfall positively, after some last thoughts, and will update you guys on what I finally did buy.

greenhorn said:
"THE" Job Experience at a Tata/Fiat Dealership - Team-BHP

read this. If you still feel like buying a fiat , all the best :D

There are horror stories for every manufacturer around.. Its not like hyundai, maruti are all angels. basically it depends on the mentality of whoever is running the service center or dealership.The fact that almost everyone of them is out to make a quick buck is not something new to us

I did part of my project in a Maruti service centre and the things I saw there!! Trust me, I wouldnt leave my car in the service centre alone at all!!

No one is an angel.

i know , and the difference is that tata actually does something about it, while fiat usually pleads helplessness. Honestly, If i could afford it, I'd have bought a swift/getz crdi.

either way, the point of that thread was, with a tata , there is a good chance that you can get a good vehicle , and keep it well maintained.The chance is less with a fiat, simply by virtue of their low availability and the unscrupulousness of the dealers. A fiat owner ( and also a sworn tata basher btw) said that the only response from fiat about the atrocious service was that they were helpless and to go to the "authorized" service center only for the oil changes and regular schedules, and go to a third party garage for everything else.

I'm not posting this to bash fiat. I know tata makes competent cars, and fiat makes some great ones, but i know how incompetent their service centers are. Knowing how bad it gets for me, a tata owner, I can only imagine how much worse it would be for fiat owners.

greenhorn said:
the swift has better handling, but I'm not sure about the ride quality. the average indian person doesnt care much about handling, but does about ride quality. Of course , You and I would choose a swift any day, but most people , given everything else is equal, would choose a car with better ride than better handling ( there are limits to that though :p)

bahahaha..!! the swift has the worst suspension ever.. its like a go-kart, no controls wht-so-ever.. better off buying a bi-cycle than a swift..!!

oh.. if u want a MUV.. consider the Tata Safari Dicor.. its a good car..

maruti cars have very poor suspension..

anyways the swift diesel engine is the multijet fiat linea engine.(however each car manufacturere has a different tuning,so the difference in power)

even vista has the same multijet engine but the "tata" quality is poor.

whacky_rohan said:
bahahaha..!! the swift has the worst suspension ever.. its like a go-kart, no controls wht-so-ever.. better off buying a bi-cycle than a swift..!!

oh.. if u want a MUV.. consider the Tata Safari Dicor.. its a good car..

Err go-karts are the definition of what good handling should be :p. They corner absolutely flat and since the steering is as simple as it gets, you get all the feedback you need from the track and where it turns is completely left to you and not to electronics/hydraulics.

Its obvious you have absolutely no clue what handling means :bleh:

A black IKON was booked yesterday (or should I say day before yesterday given it's past 0000hrs, anyway, on the 9th). Now I hope all those that recommended it were the wiser of the lot...ha...ha... (no offense to anyone).

Cheers!!

The ikon is a good car. For fuel efficiency nuts, its the best deal out there right now. Seemingly folks are getting 20km/l easily. But the new bumper design is hideous! The should have left the old grill design.

Congrats kniwor and don't forget to post pics once you get the car delivered ! And gotta agree with chaos, people are getting some great FE figures from the new Ikon.

whacky_rohan said:
agreed.. but on the topic of the suspension.. swift is the worst ever man..

LOL?:rofl:

Since I've been a Swift user for the past 3 years, I can safely say that it has one of the best suspension setup in the small car segment.Take ANY small car, Getz, Fabia, Sail, Santro, whatever, the Swift will kill them in tight bends taken at high speeds.Absolutely no body roll or planing, you can easily turn into Reclamation at 80-100kmph without any trouble (provided you are capable of handling the car good enough though).

On Topic: Congrats on the Ikon, have fun and drive safe. :D

Swift IMHO is a users car, You and Car become one once you get used to smallish problems, but then which car does not have rattles.

I graduated from a Palio D to Swift last year, believe it or not it feels like Auto Nirvana as of now. From awide option of Safari to Getz D, , I wnet for the 2nd Swift DDIS in the Family and I am HAPPY.

A FE of 20 Plus , Good service Network and that Turbo boost at 2000RPM wooosh.....

There are a lot many cars in the market,
Chevy gives you that 3 yr maintenace freedom,
Ikon though with a new powerplant has some adv at that price but again a waiting period
VIsta would have done better if it were TATA Vista , not Indica Vista
this can go on and on......
Last word, take a long drive in the car you wish to purchase and check with realtime owners about their experience , rest all is just Gyan:cool2:

greenhorn said:
stretch your budget to 6L and get the getz crdi. its a monster - space, power, ride comfort -It's got everything

make your dad test drive one (thats the hard part. very few hyundai dealers have the getz crdi available for TD) , and I'm sure he'll fall in love with it. It's a class apart from all these other cars

i understand got this but

btw if u want getz so we have some few problem issue the 1.6 crdi replacement form Verna engine cause some turbo problem if you are using upto 20k km u need to replacement the turbo pressure for 50k cause the parts are very costly so anyway it is powerful engine but some few turbo charge problem upto 20k km

or why can u try skoda fabia TDI it has better airbag for safety

opps i saw he already bought ikon anyaway cong on your car ;P

Back