Support Ukrainian Developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys..
The Application on Steam Known as LosslessScaling is built by a Ukrainian developer. He is really a nice person but had to left behind everything ..his own home...due to this War.

I have already posted on this forum about the application.

All the proceeds from the application goes to support the people of Ukraine.

If you can help, please Contribute. Thanks.

I don't know how much of it is propaganda by our own right wingers or Russian media, but I keep seeing multiple reports of racists attacks on Indians trying to flee Ukraine. They are being held back by Ukrainian forces and the Ukrainian spokesman at the UN openly admitted that if India were so worried about its people, Indian govt should have voted against the war at the UN general assembly while, historically, Ukraine has always voted against India in issues concerning Kashmir or Pakistan.

Personally, I feel for the common people affected in the war, but as a nation, what should be our stance? I am unable to make up my mind.
If someone is more knowledgeable on geopolitics, please shed some light.

We can discern some explanations for India’s low-key reaction to the Ukrainian crisis. The first is not only its longstanding friendship with Russia, already known but also its increasing security dependence on that country. In 2009-13 India emerged as the world’s largest arms importer, purchasing 14% of the world’s total arms exports. Of India’s arms imports during this period, over 75% came from Russia. (In 2013, India imported $4.8 billion worth of Russian weapons.) In other words, Russia is currently fundamental to India’s military modernisation programme and the Indian government would therefore be unwilling to alienate Russia, and particularly President Putin, beyond a certain point.

Agreed with the above point, our stance has to be neutral in this scenario. It's a tough situation for India from both sides. India siding with either sides could result in ruining relationships with many countries or worse, WW3.

There is considerable disquiet in India about the way in which the U.S. and the West have used democracy as a foreign policy tool. In Ukraine, it has been evident that at least some of the perturbation originates from Western interference. In Indian domestic politics, relations with Russia act as a counterbalance to those who oppose India’s growing relations with the U.S. (Although it should be noted that, due to gross mismanagement by both sides, U.S.- India relations are currently at their lowest ebb since the Obama administration took office in early 2009.) India is perhaps the least anti-American of the BRICS1 countries; nevertheless, it would not like to be seen by its BRICS partners as being pro-U.S.

I don't know how much of it is propaganda by our own right wingers or Russian media, but I keep seeing multiple reports of racists attacks on Indians trying to flee Ukraine. They are being held back by Ukrainian forces and the Ukrainian spokesman at the UN openly admitted that if India were so worried about its people, Indian govt should have voted against the war at the UN general assembly while, historically, Ukraine has always voted against India in issues concerning Kashmir or Pakistan.

Personally, I feel for the common people affected in the war, but as a nation, what should be our stance? I am unable to make up my mind.
Things are never simple.
India can neither Vote against Russia.. not can it completely support the EU ( Third Largest Business Partner ).. or the West.
There are no free lunches in International Affairs... India has always taken a neutral stand.. whether it's NAM or the present UN resolution.

However... the present condition does not only concerns Ukraine or Russia but the Whole World... Oil Prices are rising.. Old tensions are spinning up.. and these all present a serious danger to India and the Globe.
I know that Ukraine has voted against India due to it's much closeness to Russia... but it's up to India now.... to implement something similar to Gujaral's Doctrine instead of just completely neglecting the Scenario as it has done in the past. It's time for Realism than idealism. India has always taken an anti-WAR stance.. even now it's propagating for a diplomatic solution.
Now Ukraine wants the EU Membership.... India has a good opportunity.

Also.. It's better to move this discussion to a separate thread.

Very well worded..

In the event of a war the local authorities will prefer their own over foreigners. There have been incidents where the Indians got on a train to leave the country as advised by the Ukrainian ambassador in India then got pulled off and the locals were admitted instead. What surprises me is these kids were told to stay back and attend classes even though a war broke out. The Indian embassy told them to leave weeks back but the colleges there told them they would lose their money. Why (!)

The Ukrainian rep at the UN spoke like a gangster. You have a lot of kids in Ukraine, would be a shame if something happened to them ? WTF!

So now if you're Indian in Ukraine they move slowly as if our vote could have stopped this war. And we voted the right way because we don't want any part in this western/Ukrainian instigated mess.

Some people speculate whether the Ukranian intention is to use the foreigners as human shields to deter Russian advances into the cities.

The Americans & Chinese told their citizens to leave a month ago failing which they'd be on their own. We've sent 4 union ministers to neighbouring countries to speed things along. We've got 17,000 out so far according to latest MEA briefing.
Listen to Pathikrit, he cuts through the crap quite well

The onus of securing Ukraine lies with the government of Ukraine and the president of Ukraine. Today i am hearing the the government of Ukraine wants to discuss neutrality with Russia.

What stopped Ukraine from doing it for the last seven years !?!

Here is the president of Ukraine who doesn't have any political background, who was inflated with hydrogen gas by NATO and United States and this man was jumping around taking on Russia without even realizing that his country is not in a position to counter Russia. He was doing everything on the presumption that the whole of NATO would come to protect him. Today Ukraine has been left in the lurch to fend for themselves after they've been given all kinds of assurances by Europe and by United States who will not send their weapon systems, their manpower to open a front against Russia.

There is no comparison between the combined GDP of United States and the European union vis-a-vis Russia but even today, 30 years after the cold war has ended, NATO is still very apprehensive about opening a front against Russia.

Let's realize one thing, since the end of cold war the Russian sphere of influence has not expanded, it has shrunk. It is the NATO sphere of influence which has been consistently expanding to the extent where it takes less than five minutes for a missile to reach Moscow if based in Ukraine.

So the onus of the war even if it seems that Russia is the aggressor, the fault is equally with NATO, with the United States and above all with the Ukrainian president.

The Indian government has taken the right decision by abstaining. We are not going to get into this mess these guys have created for themselves.

We want good relations with United States no doubt, we have great relations with France. But it doesn't mean we have to criticize Russia when united states did the same thing with Yugoslavia, went in bombarded for 75 days where was story about territorial sovereignty that time ? What happened with Iraq, what happened with Libya, what happened with Syria ?

Just because today we have televised wars going on it doesn't mean it's happening for the first time. The European countries have done the same thing again and again in many parts of the world.

Ukraine is not part of NATO that means NATO will not get into Ukraine, NATO will not protect Ukraine and NATO will only restrict themselves to NATO countries. Russia is smart enough not to venture beyond.

NATO is clearly saying they will safeguard NATO. Ukraine is not part of NATO and Russia will never go beyond Ukraine. Russia's objective is just Ukraine so the American president says we will defend NATO and gives these big grand lectures about free democracy.

So it's a very clear-cut thing NATO are allowing Russia to do what Russia wants and it's only a matter of time the Ukraine regime will fall, a pro-Russian government will be installed and both sides will settle. And when winter comes, Russia will again be supplying gas to Europe otherwise Europe will freeze to death. This is the reality.

NATO and America are just bluffing with all these sanctions, these sanctions have been on Russia from 2014 onwards except for the swift thing, The banking transactions everything, every other sanction has been there since 2014.

What are they bluffing about ? they're fooling the world with all these sanctions because have been there from 2014 and in spite of that these sanctions will not work because it's no more a dollar denominated world, it's no more a euro dominated world.

These NATO threats are hogwash. NATO will not do anything. And that is the lesson the whole world should be drawing from this episode.
where we need Ukraine is to upgrade the AN-32

These were custom made for India. But after 2014 Ukraine refused to cooperate because we did not support them. Oh well maybe the next govt in Ukraine will help.

We also need them for turbines for navy ships.

This is a difficult issue to handle we are friends with both Ukraine & Russia. And US vs. Russia complicates things for us in other ways.

So far we handled these issues with diplomatic Bharatanatyam. How long we can keep that up remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I personally feel that everyone gets an opportunity in their life where a choice needs to be made. We as india needs to be on the right side of history.

The Indian embassy told them to leave weeks back

The exact wording was "may consider leaving temporarily" on the 15th of February:

Bonus stupidity points for "avoid all non-essential travel within Ukraine"

They continued to advise that you "may wait until further developments" up until February 27th:

MEA had no clue about what was going to happen despite the fact that half the planet that started making preparations nearly a month ago.

Sushma Swaraj is sorely missed.

MEA had no clue about what was going to happen despite the fact that half the planet that started making preparations nearly a month ago.

Sushma Swaraj is sorely missed.
And ? The embassy told them to leave a week before isn't it. Their colleges said they would lose their money if they did. That's why the delay.

To be frank most analysts never expected Putin to go in. The only people screaming about it were the CIA

And ? The embassy told them to leave a week before isn't it.

No, they merely floated the idea of leaving Ukraine as something you may wish to consider. There was no warning, no urgency, it's almost funny how ill-prepared MEA was.

Meanwhile on February 14th: https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/gov...-leave-ukraine-amid-fears-of-invasion-2766747

Families of diplomats of other countries left way back in January, when military aid started being sent to Ukraine in preparation.

That's why the delay.

Operation Ganga was put into effect on February 27th, just five days ago:

And there's still tens of thousands of Indians stranded today.

No, they merely floated the idea of leaving Ukraine as something you may wish to consider. There was no warning, no urgency, it's almost funny how ill-prepared MEA was.
See what i don't understand is why people are asking the embassy whether they can go ? see the comments below

If you see others leaving and want to do then do it.
And there's still tens of thousands of Indians stranded today.
They were many stuck at the border. Video below is two days old

Note that the Romanians did not prevent them entering. It was the Ukranians that would not let them exit because of paperwork.

At a time like this :bored:

So they are asking to send Indian embassy officials to the Ukranian border to help them leave ?

The MEA on the 28th said do not go to the border directly otherwise they will be stuck like the people in the video. Move to towns in west ukraine and stay there until further instructions and only then travel to the border.

What a complete joke this Ukraine is. This video from Nigerian TV gives a much better idea of what those students were facing. Pathetic.

They are in this situation because their schools DID NOT HELP at all. And the reason they are in Ukraine is for school.

Ukrainian men are not allowed to leave. Well, neither can men from any other country either (!) Why ? nobody knows !!!

This is why some of the students got beaten up by guards at the border. Made to wait for hours on end after they'd walked tens of kms to reach there in -10 degree weather.

Rules is rules :bored:

Last edited:
Individuals who need support, if they are good and deserve such, does need attention and assistance irrelevant of their identity or nationality.
Groups are different, won't like support reaching vested interest groups.

> Ukrainian mean are not allowed to leave. Well, neither can men from any other country either (!) Why ? nobody knows !!!

"Arshi and a group of student, all girls, could get into one as preference was being given to women and children. "Indian men were not being allowed to board the trains at the station."

"Amit and Suman could not board the train to the safe zones as the Ukraine authorities gave priority to women and the natives of the country, he added."

Whether right or wrong, giving preference to women as medieval age chivalry like act is universal. Not worth talking about that, though most recipients are thankless narcissists eternally accustomed to their privileges. More over, Putin's allegation that Ukraine using Indian students as human shield is very concerning.

As far as students are concerned, they were more worried about their career. Many of them spent their family's savings, on the last year of the course and a small mistake in the decisions could've changed their life. There were reports that colleges there forced 100% attendance, convinced students there are no concerns, etc. There is much more to this than we know from news and social media. There were some age related immature acts, but can happen to everyone.

Last edited:
More over, Putin's allegation that Ukraine using Indian students as human shield is very concerning.
All foreigners. And this idea continues with their own people too. As they purposely locate artillery or rockets in or close to residential neighbourhoods and then accuse the Russians of war crimes.

Russians are not interested in destroying the place. They want to leave things intact as much as possible for the next regime they install.

Russians will surround major cities and prevent reinforcements entering. They wont get into street battles.

When the time is right Kiev will fall like a ripe fruit.
As far as students are concerned, they were more worried about their career. Many of them spent their family's savings, on the last year of the course and a small mistake in the decisions could've changed their life. There were reports that colleges there forced 100% attendance, convinced students there are no concerns, etc.
I don't get the 100% attendance requirement at all. But if you watch the Nigerian video you will learn on top of that the school had to agree to allow them to leave which delayed things further. And then left them to fend for themselves. Absolutely piss poor planning and lack of concern for their wellbeing.

The no concern part is true and curious at the same time. After being under pressure for the last eight years most Ukranians never expected Russia to invade.

I've seen videos of travel bloggers asking the locals whether what the Americans were saying in Jan was true and most thought it was just media hype. There was am American blogger who flew back on Feb 15th because he did not think there was an issue either. He bought property there earlier and felt he knew Ukraine better.

In terms of defenses the Ukranians never prepared adequately to stop a Russian advance despite countless pleas from NATO advisers.

Why does it take just 72h to reach Kiev ? If the Ukraine army did their job properly Putin should have been bogged down for a month in the Donbas.

There is much more to this than we know from news and social media. There were some age related immature acts, but can happen to everyone.
I would place the bulk of the blame on the schools. They would not release the students and when they did it was too late and offered zero help leaving the Indian govt scrambling.

Then once you got to the damn border on foot because no one want to pay extortionate taxi fares you could not get out. Seriously what was the reason to prevent men leaving at the border.

Trains I can understand they want women to leave first but the border should not have been an issue.

Last edited:
Russians are not interested in destroying the place. They want to leave things intact as much as possible for the next regime they install.

When the time is right Kiev will fall like a ripe fruit.
I don't know your source of news but major news outlets have a different opinion than yours -

Seems you are bit high on Russian Kool-aid, just like some others who are pumped with western kool-aid.

Also the whole indian students as human shield is such a stupid russian propaganda. Anyone with half a brain can make it out to be what it is.. a propaganda. If any such thing would take place, the govts of all the nations (including India) would know before all the keyboard warriors and will be well prepared to take action against that.

I would place the bulk of the blame on the schools. They would not release the students and when they did it was too late and offered zero help leaving the Indian govt scrambling.
Yup, and thats the whole game plan. Blame everyone under the sun - Students for not leaving earlier, colleges for not releasing the students, ukrainian soldiers for prioritising women over men, russian shelling for killing 1 or 2 Indians and 4 Chinese students (ohh! sorry not that one) except for the GOI and the dear lord who instead of asking all the students to move from ukraine a month back, was dressed up like a cock in rallies and has only one job - winning elections - by cock-a-doodle-do or horse trading.

Edit: I apologise for going OT here and trying to post some facts to correct someone's delusions. Ironically, the individual is rebutting links from reputed media houses by posting opinion videos by some random right wing nut youtube chomus. People are still stuck in Ukraine but this said guy is high on Gau-mutra.

Last edited:
I wonder how any of this is at all relevant to what the thread was originally intended for, by the OP.
Perhaps the mods can move the irrelevant content to another thread.

While this clown RSS(the anchor, part of Godi Media)spits out verbal diarrhoea to show what an incompetent person he is to be called an Editor in chief..
And here true journalists decide to call it a day to prevent their Avenue becomes source of disinformation..
The thing is our govt has always been reactive instead of pro-active. We continue to repeat the same mistakes as during demonitisation, gst, COVID. When war clouds were looming and other govt were issuing advisory to leave Ukraine immediately, we decided to wait and watch the fun.

Last edited:
I don't know your source of news
Then you should ask

Pertaining to the nuclear power stations listen to General Bakshi

Lay people do not understand the tactics. So listen to the experts.

but major news outlets have a different opinion than yours
Military commentators do not give the Ukranians a chance. Non military are just blowing gas

Seems you are bit high on Russian Kool-aid, just like some others who are pumped with western kool-aid.
West is not in this game. what they say is useless.

His show. Radioactive in the western media like Trump so its important to have a direct line. Read what he has to say. All becomes clear just what is going on in Ukraine and why he had to act.

GOI has taken a stand. Up to you whether you want to agree or not.

Jaishankar gets asked at conferences which side he is going to take.

India's side :)

Also the whole indian students as human shield is such a stupid russian propaganda. Anyone with half a brain can make it out to be what it is.. a propaganda. If any such thing would take place, the govts of all the nations (including India) would know before all the keyboard warriors and will be well prepared to take action against that.
HAHA! What action ? couldn't stop the invasion.

What exactly are civilians going to do with weapons ? its just PR and the hope is collateral damage to use against Russia for war crimes.

Where will all those weapons end up ? People will sell them because what they need most right now is money and then the really bad people will get hold of them.

The Ukranian leader is using his people as cannon fodder. Has no qualms turning his country into Afghanistan.
Yup, and thats the whole game plan. Blame everyone under the sun - Students for not leaving earlier, colleges for not releasing the students, ukrainian soldiers for prioritising women over men, russian shelling for killing 1 or 2 Indians and 4 Chinese students (ohh! sorry not that one) except for the GOI and the dear lord who instead of asking all the students to move from ukraine a month back, was dressed up like a cock in rallies and has only one job - winning elections - by cock-a-doodle-do or horse trading.
What does GOI have to do with this mess when the Ukranians could not tell what would happen and disagreed including their leader in a communication to Biden ?

GOI got dropped in it and had to pull some awesome resources together to save people. As of Mar 03, 18,000 students out of the country. That's what 90% plus out within a week of Op Ganga's launch. Tell me why should i blame GOI

The US embassy staff evacuated from Ukraine late Jan and made it clear any Americans left behind was not their problem. They would know since their actions left Putin with no choice.

My mistake for not figuring this out and calling it earlier.

Maskirovka has us all fooled.

While this clown RSS(the anchor, part of Godi Media)spits out verbal diarrhoea to show what an incompetent person he is to be called an Editor in chief..
We are getting chastised by the west for not siding against Russia ? why should we. Did we create this mess. So the anchor is perfectly right in telling these westerners to shove it. Here is Arnab making the same point

And here true journalists decide to call it a day to prevent their Avenue becomes source of disinformation..
Their wish but i would not say this is 'true journalism'. More like surrender.

The thing is our govt has always been reactive instead of pro-active. We continue to repeat the same mistakes as during demonitisation, gst, COVID. When war clouds were looming and other govt were issuing advisory to leave Ukraine immediately, we decided to wait and watch the fun.
Yeah, this is the only thing opposition can cry about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back