Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

Re: Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990

Can I connect a PVR as ext HDD to my WDTV & add/remove files for it thru PC? At this price it wud be grt buy as Hdd/PVR combo.

SidhuScorpion said:
Only selected cities for HD PVR :( , My Star Cable wala is not even showing Star Sports and ESPN, I missed warm-up match today and power cuts have started :mad:

:ashamed:
I guess, Hathway cable network does not have broadcast rights of worldcup ATT (They will manage broadcast soon, according to local cable wala guy) Harry watched warmup match live online Watch Espn Star Live | Espn Star Sports Online | Star Sports Live 3G 22/- GPRS, with terrible video streaming:p I have Airtel DTH connection at Chandigarh, going to dump soon for Tata HD.

Got the TS HD+ installed today. The HD channels will take about 24 hours to start.

does any one know world cup is to be telecast in hd or not?

Yes, the telecast will be in HD. Plus TataSky will offer multiple viewing angles, match/team info and similar features via Active sports.

does any one know world cup is to be telecast in hd or not?

^ how many times will you ask same question....sid has already answered your query on page 3 and for the last time yes world cup will be telecast in HD....

I can't take any DTH until they provide cheaper channel packs even they give STB for free ATM.

Min. u have to pay Rs.150/- even if u take only one channel.....:(

Revolution said:
I can't take any DTH until they provide cheaper channel packs even they give STB for free ATM.
Min. u have to pay Rs.150/- even if u take only one channel.....:(
they are just doing as per TRAI rules so if rules are crap they will make full use of it mint money. for now normal packs are better than per channel

Saw a letter from TATA sky stating that the premium club members can order now by calling the # 040-61600990 and currently the offer is running by invitation for premium club members only and is non transferable

Would love to get this STB, but I'd rather wait for the Premier League to come in HD on ESPN and Star Sports permanently.

and the logic behind waiting is....?

Get it now so that you can enjoy the world cup as well as the premier league later on (if at all)...It's not like as if the price is going to drop a lot between now and then...

When the BPL comes in HD, i'll have visual orgasms for sure, but i don't see that happening until 2012 atleast.

Getting this installed at my place tomorrow. Anything i should look out for before installing? I hope they Telecast F1 in HD as well this year. Cricket and F1 are the only reasons i am buying this

Back