Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

Re: Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990

I have a couple of questions regarding the remote recording feature via the website and mobile phone app. I got my connection installed a few days back and wasn't aware that the opening ceremony was yesterday. Once I reached my office I was told that the ceremony was going to begin at 5:30 and wanted to record it. So, I signed-up on the "My Tata Sky" website and went to the Record page. However, no channels were appearing under any of the listed genres. Then, I installed the mobile app on my Blackberry and the schedule appeared on the app. I chose the event and clicked on record. I got a response saying "Unable to process the request at this time, please try later". Can anyone confirm if they are able to successfully set-up a recording via the website or the mobile app? The same problem is occurring even today!

Even through the website it is not possible shows the following error for all the categories.

No channels available for the selected Genre and T+3 event days

wow people who just bought tata sky must be really sad! 30 HD channels damn that's good.

btw any idea what all the channels are?

Renegade said:
Even through the website it is not possible shows the following error for all the categories.
Exactly. I wonder when this will be fixed!

Those 30 channels are

Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Zee News, Zee Studio, Zee Café, HBO, Movies Now, Discovery, National Geographic, Animal Planet, Zee Talkies, Zee Bangla, Zee Telugu, Zee Kannada, Times Now, ET Now, Cartoon Network, POGO, Ten Sports, AXN, MTV, VH1, WB, Pix, TLC, Ten Cricket, UTV Action, UTV Movies, Sony, Colors.

Aman27deep said:
wow people who just bought tata sky must be really sad! 30 HD channels damn that's good.

btw any idea what all the channels are?

I'm one of them :( bought Tata Sky HD+ just 4 days back, can only hope for some more additions to Tata Sky.

^ you sure about that?

Just because TS did it doesn't mean everybody will do the same thing. Anyway i'm going to wait for a couple of months more and see if there is any improvement from Airtel HD. If not, i think i might just jump to Dish TV HD...

Few days back DishTV changed my LNB stating that they will be adding 30-36 HD channels soon. Seems they were telling the truth.

techpal said:
But most of these channels will be upscaled.

True. Most of the Zee channels, if not all, are going to be upscaled.

wordsmith said:
I'm one of them :( bought Tata Sky HD+ just 4 days back, can only hope for some more additions to Tata Sky.

No need to regret. IMO, you've got the best one in DTH scene. Most of the True HD channels will be added to TS+ as well eventually, just that many upscaled channels won't be.
Fahrenheit said:
^ you sure about that?

Just because TS did it doesn't mean everybody will do the same thing. Anyway i'm going to wait for a couple of months more and see if there is any improvement from Airtel HD. If not, i think i might just jump to Dish TV HD...
Airtel will be changing to SES7 in few weeks, so can expect few new channels as they'll have more bandwidth. Airtel is known for charging a lot of money and I've low hopes on them. Just that they're taking Rs 165 for ESPN HD while all their competitors are giving it for free or max of Rs 50-60 says it all. I'll be moving to TS HD+ eventually.

LOL @ Dish... No ESPN or Starsports or Star cricket in HD. So no WC in HD at all. I am happy with TS.

Also regarding the recording feature working from phone. Well i have installed the app in my ipad as well as iphone and it works fine. The only thing is i need to setup the recording about 2-3 hrs prior to the show/event otherwise it says your request cannot be processed. And HD recording is just fab. Also you can record series(season) of a particular show easily but that can only be done through the remote.

Folks,

I got my connection installed today. How do you check that the settopbox indeed has 1/2 tb disk?

+LT

Well you can have a marathon recording session of 600 hours to check the space as advertised :p.

I guess there is no way except for opening up the STB and checking it out for yourself.

linuxtechie said:
Folks,

I got my connection installed today. How do you check that the settopbox indeed has 1/2 tb disk?

+LT
Mate there are some things which we have to take the word of the company, I mean how can one tell that cheese we buy has a certain amount of calories and that the medicines have the desired and prescribed mg of salt...

^Well call me paranoid :)

BTW I don't feel like switching away from HD, other channel just suck in SD!

+LT

Would there be any issue with picture clarity and display quality if HD PVR is used with HD ready LCD ?

Back