Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

Re: Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990

Airtel has ESPN HD on channel no. 223 from today, will be active from tomorrow only. CC reps cant activate it today.

The rates are 150/- plus taxes = 165.40 for 50 days (duration of the world cup).

What are the rates for TATA Sky, If tata is giving two channels in HD its cool :D, but airtel has right now only one channel :( for world cup.

Tata Sky has started airing ESPN and Star Cricket HD. It comes as part HD package which was Rs.30/month. No extra has been charged for these 2 channels

Thats awesome pricing from TATASKY :(, alas thats where the AIRTEL lacks, in HD pricing and content. hope scenario changes to good. I am subscribing to the HD WC2011 telecast for the time being hope ads will be less or non existant there.

medpal said:
Airtel has ESPN HD on channel no. 223 from today, will be active from tomorrow only. CC reps cant activate it today.

The rates are 150/- plus taxes = 165.40 for 50 days (duration of the world cup).
I got it activated just in time and also watched the opening ceremony in HD. Rs 165 for 50 days for a single HD channel. What a shame really.

Airtel needs to learn something from Tatasky. Since so many months they gave HD customers just Nat Geo HD and now charging ridiculously for world cup HD broadcast. If I would have known about the pricing a week back, I would have blindly purchased Tata Sky HD PVR and be done with Airtel for good. Now it's too late and don't want any downtime during World Cup. Will see how they decide to go about F1 and IPL HD broadcast.

Well its not only airtel ,reliance which launched HD well before Tata sky or airtel has the same problem which is pricing and lack of HD channels.Or even regular SD channels like discovery turbo,science.BBC entertainment. etc

^ True. Right now, Airtel PVR (which is just SD) is for around the same price as TS HD PVR. Reliance HD PVR is for 6k with just a 160GB HDD.

Tata Sky is as of now a true winner when it comes to HD channels, other channels and pricing. How nice that they're giving 2 HD channels for World Cup included in the HD pack of Rs 30 and not trying to take advantage of customers like Airtel is doing. Cricket World Cup is big in India and they know people who want it will subscribe for it anyway.

Tech_enthu said:
^^ Tatasky is giving these WorldCup matches in HD for free with their HD pack for Rs.30 a month ;)
arun687 said:
Tata Sky is as of now a true winner when it comes to HD channels, other channels and pricing. How nice that they're giving 2 HD channels for World Cup included in the HD pack of Rs 30 and not trying to take advantage of customers like Airtel is doing. Cricket World Cup is big in India and they know people who want it will subscribe for it anyway.
Tata Sky has increased the price of their HD pack to Rs.50/-.

mgdelhi said:
Tata Sky has increased the price of their HD pack to Rs.50/-.
May be because they added Star Plus,ESPN and Star Cricket...Rs.10 per month for HD channels is not a bad deal at all....

Well, atleast there were no ads at all in the opening ceremony on Star Cricket HD/ESPN HD unlike the SD channels. If the same thing happens in matches then enormous *respect* to TataSky.

^And the same thing is gonna happen in matches too :D Well, atleast I've heard that way..

What is the difference between ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD? Will they be showing different matches?

Star cricket is showing next telecast on 19th Feb. ESPN is showing next telecast on 20th Feb. I guess they would be running highlights and repeats for the remaining time. Also they must be days with more than one match.

Fahrenheit said:
so both of them are still event-based channels. None of them are full-time HD channels...
Nope never were supposed to be.

I am just waiting for Movies Now to be launched. From online discussions I could gather that it will be launched by end of Feb or beginning of March.

^ Wow that's amazing. Didn't know Dish TV had so much TP space available when Airtel is struggling to include a 2nd HD channel. (They had to remove 2 Pay per view channels to include ESPN HD)

Though I guess some of the content maybe upscaled than real HD, still great move from Dish TV.

they've apparently added 5 more transponders..they have more than enough bandwidth now i guess...

arun687 said:
^ Wow that's amazing. Didn't know Dish TV had so much TP space available when Airtel is struggling to include a 2nd HD channel. (They had to remove 2 Pay per view channels to include ESPN HD)

Though I guess some of the content maybe upscaled than real HD, still great move from Dish TV.
The article says

Dish TV recently expanded its transmission capacity by 50 per cent by leasing an additional five transponders from ISRO, which will give the company a significant competitive advantage,

Back