Video Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990 (Update: with Star Plus & Star Movies HD)

adder

Skilled
TataSky has yet again set the benchmark in pricing.

Tata sky+HD has a 500GB HDD and costs justs 3990 .

The only other DTH provider that has a HD pvr is reliance whose HD pvr comes with a 160GB HDD and costs 5990.

18263518518793485424612.jpg

source http://www.tataskyplus.com/why-get-tata-sky-plus-hd.html

Re: Tata Sky launches HD pvr for just 3990

Awesome pricing, im thinking of picking one up :) If only for the PVR capabilities intially since number of HD channels currently are quite small.

Why make such a hideous remote though, couldnt they just make it all black instead of that hideous combo :S Also they could have followed Airtel's lead and built in a universal remote into the STB remote that can control your TV too

Been inquiring locally about availability... none - nada - zilch :(

PS: Why does this one look like a render to me?

Very good pricing if it's for new customers. Hope Airtel follows suit.

Aman27deep said:
And still <4 HD channels? :/
Airtel has just 1 HD channel :( There's no news on broadcast of World Cup also in HD by DTH providers. Is it going to happen?

I have just now left my details on their website under "Book now" section. Let's see when do they call. :)

Damn....why dont they have some exchange offers....have already a Tata Sky SD and one Tata Sky HD box ! Dont want a 3rd one now :mad: w/o disposing the others !

^^Same here. My Tata Sky SD is lying idle since i got my Tata Sky HD. Put it up for sale here. But no takers.

I just placed my order and made the payment through IVR. Seems it will be installed tomorrow evening or day after morning.

Its not an exchange offer price as I am a new customer.

Agree on the hideous remote part. Should have been the universal remote.

+2

I did that too paid through IVR hopefully it will be here before India vs Auatralia Warm up Match.

I've ordered it too but i went with the cash on delivery system. I'll pay the Tata Sky engineer the 4k and he'll install it.

I'm moving from the very first TataSky STB (Was one of the very first subscribers) which is slow as hell.

Whatever people say about TataSky, its Customer Service is definitely the best, no comparison. Atleast thats what i've experienced in my 4 years with them

EDIT : Holy shit, i ordered the STB yesterday evening and their engineers arrived an hour ago . *respect*

A little info on the TataSky package. I'll post more once it starts working properly (Apparently there's some problem with their severs and no TataSky + HD subscriber here can activate his account till evening). Now, i am upgrading from the oldest TataSky so i cant compare it with the previous +/HD versions.

The old TataSky remote works fine on the new STB and vice versa.

The STB is made in by Cal-Comp (Thailand), the remote by Philips and the giant power brick by Delta (Yes, the same Delta. In China).

The HDD is the WD5000AVDS (green series as expected, 32mb buffer, 3.5") which is pretty decent.

The HDMI cable supplied is a ver. 1.3b cable (some cheap, generic one)

There are 2 USB 2.0 ports (1 front, 1 back), 1 HDMI port, 1 RF out, 1 (SPDIF) Optical out, 1 Coaxial out, 1 Ethernet port (dont know if its a gigabit one or a 10/100 one) and the usual Compoenent out

There's also a small exhaust fan which is pretty quiet

This STB is connected to the dish by 2 cables instead of 1

The entire UI has been revamped but could have been a bit more speedier

The romote is better built than the previous one while the botton tactility is almost the same

The STB has only the power button, the rest are on the remote (it does look good even though its bigger and heavier)

You can record 2 channels simultaneiusly or watch 1 and record the other

The remote is a bit more comfortable to hold too

Anything else i might have missed ?

EDIT : The HDD makes a slight high pitch whine which is a bit irritating if sitting close, not a major negative but it bugs me sometimes.

Pics :

I've ordered mine right now and expecting a call within the next 2 days!

I have a question if someone could please answer:

For a plus connection, usually there are 2 cables from the dish to the stb. Now the thing is, when I got my room revamped, I got only one cable put internally in the wall. Ive heard that there is an adapter which converts the 2 wires from the dish to a single wire to the stb. Is that possible with an HD connection also. Will the wire be able to handle the bandwidth of passing 2 HD channels simultaneously?

Back