Video Tata Sky launches HD shatters the price barrier.

they need yur STB to use its card for putting it in yur HD STB to make it primary connection.....They did same when they came to install my Tata Sky+.....

Party Monger said:
How much did it cost u other than 2600?
Total it cost Rs 2600 for the box and Rs 200 for wiring, as i consumed around 25 meters of wiring . Total 4 hd channels are there , out of which 2 only work when matches are on that are star sports HD and ESPN HD. Nat GEO & Discovery are 24x7 in HD.

My HD channels are still not activated, yesterday also made multiple calls to them, they said the same will get activated by midnight, even now it has not been activated and i am getting bugged. As its a 2 minutes job which they are doing ages to fix. I have raised a complaint with the customer care now.

Is it possible to subscribe HD pack for 90 Rs per month without having TS HD box? In other words, I just want to activate this package and use my standard component out from TS+ and enjoy HD. This way I will be able to test for clarity etc and determine if I really need TS HD or if my TS+ can do HD just fine with component...

techcheat said:
Is it possible to subscribe HD pack for 90 Rs per month without having TS HD box? In other words, I just want to activate this package and use my standard component out from TS+ and enjoy HD. This way I will be able to test for clarity etc and determine if I really need TS HD or if my TS+ can do HD just fine with component...
not possible as of now since its not capable of providing HD output

got my installation done today but HD channels are yet to be activated, the same 24Hrs crap i get but before getting it installed i was informed the activation will be instant, the customer care ppl should get their info correct as its quite irritating to get contradicting statements

These clowns won't come to install/active it in Navi Mumbai. Anyone Vashi / Navi Mumbai side who already got TATA sky HD? Is activation a straightforward process? Can I buy a piece from elsewhere and activate it myself?

There is no exchange offer, you can either go for multiroom or just buy the HD box and replace your old box. I went for multiroom option. If you just buy the hd box, they will come and swap the box and will ask you if you want to retain the old one. Most of the users have said yes and retained the old box for future use or backup. Some are also selling the same here and on ebay. So as days go by we will see more and more old boxes coming up on sale.

Guys, anyone from Chennai, pls share the dealer details, have tried calling quite a few placed yesterday to no avail, really wanna get hold of a TS HD STB, before tomorrow's matches!

The sports fanatics and nature lovers may not agree with you.

Along with those who are watching live HD telecast of World Cup & Wimbledon.

You have to watch it to experience HD.

They just installed the STB , now have to wait for HD subscription to activate .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally HD channels activated , picture quality is bloody amazing :D ..

I hope EPL is telecasted in HD :drool2:

Back