Video Tata Sky launches HD shatters the price barrier.

If anyone is able to find any dealer in bangalore who has the stock currently let me know, will pick up the same, i have called Pai indranagar, marathali, koamangala, banerghatta ,no one has stock as of now.

Amaresh said:
Applied for the upgrade to TataSky HD today and was told that service would be provisioned and activated within 5 days. Will update you guys once that's done.
dude, whats the deal for existing customers, do we have to retain our old STB's or is there a buyback? I checked last week and the CC lady told me that they are still working on buyback offers.

Dish tv had is giving rs 400 off for existing users if you are going for DIsh tv Hd, that rs 400 off will be compensated in monthly recharge. Tatasky as of now does not have any offer for return back of original stb. So moost users are changing their primary connections to HD box and some like me are taking the HD connection for multiroom.

ESPN HD rocks!! The isntallation was super smooth the activation was a pain as the call center wallis didnt know about the HD service and had sent the person anad activation for an "additional" stb and not the HD one. Had to exlpain it to her and one o her colleagues helped her activate the thing.

That apart, there 's to salvation better than getting your 50" plasma to bask in some live soccer glory in HD. :)

bought a STB locally from Enkay electronics, gujrati galli, koti, hyd, 2.6k :D

calling TS to get the installation done, world cup in HD wheee :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok, installed the STB myself and placed the request for the upgrade of older STB with the new HD one, apparently that will be done by 6PM today, but hopefully will be done sooner

they even have star sports in HD? means F1 in HD :D

oh and what are you guys using in the settings? 1080i or 720p?

Rave said:

Ok, installed the STB myself and placed the request for the upgrade of older STB with the new HD one, apparently that will be done by 6PM today, but hopefully will be done sooner

well congrats on your purchase.
Unfortunately the star sports and EPPN are event based channels currently only for fifa and tennis matches,but if they show F1 it would be great.

Rave said:

F1 does not get broadcasted in HD.

got a visit from the field engineer, and installation was not done :(

I have a multi room connection where the primary connection is installed in my uncle's room who is an NRI so not around most of the year and his room is locked, the HD box apparently can be swapped with primary only and not the secondary one

gave the customer care a call after the engineer left and apparently swaping just the secondary one with HD box is possible as well and am scheduled for another visit from them tomorrow

I dont get it, why the hell do they need to access the stb when they have all the details of the primary stb with them :-S

anyone knows if possible to just install the HD box myself and get the stb upgraded with the details of the new stb over phone or something? this is really pissing me off...

Rave said:
got a visit from the field engineer, and installation was not done :(

I have a multi room connection where the primary connection is installed in my uncle's room who is an NRI so not around most of the year and his room is locked, the HD box apparently can be swapped with primary only and not the secondary one

gave the customer care a call after the engineer left and apparently swaping just the secondary one with HD box is possible as well and am scheduled for another visit from them tomorrow

I dont get it, why the hell do they need to access the stb when they have all the details of the primary stb with them :-S

anyone knows if possible to just install the HD box myself and get the stb upgraded with the details of the new stb over phone or something? this is really pissing me off...
well its the same issue reported in big tv HD upgrade where the installation teams noted down the S/N(serial number) of the STB and since the old STB(at the time of purchase) was replaced with another STB during warranty,the S/N of the present stb doesn't match the ones in their records and because of this the big tg customer have not been able to get the HD channels activated,even though they have the HD-pvr stb installed.
So nothing can be done by your end except calling them and put pressure.

my question is that, why do they physically need to access the stb? doesnt the serial no and digicard number enough?

Rave said:
my question is that, why do they physically need to access the stb? doesnt the serial no and digicard number enough?
yes all they need is Digi card number and the serial NO.may be they need to verify physically or mostly some lazy outsourced installation team,who doesn't want to get the info from TS.
I mean its not like they are taking the old STB for exchange.

Installation happened today, Rave i also went for multi room and the process is the same, they used my old card which was in the primary connection and put it in the hd box, noted down some nos, and called the back end office, they did some mapping and the hd box started working. They they swapped and put the new card that came with the box and it started to work in a few minutes, Then they put the old card back in the old box and it was not working, it took him some 5 minutes to get that to work also. Both the cards have been mapped to one subscriber ID. but the engineer said that the HD box will be primary now and old box will be multiroom.

As it is was working fine, i did not have any issue having the hd box as primary. waiting for Hd channels to get activated as it takes 24 hours, all the other channels are working.

Dushie said:
Installation happened today, Rave i also went for multi room and the process is the same, they used my old card which was in the primary connection and put it in the hd box, noted down some nos, and called the back end office, they did some mapping and the hd box started working. They they swapped and put the new card that came with the box and it started to work in a few minutes, Then they put the old card back in the old box and it was not working, it took him some 5 minutes to get that to work also. Both the cards have been mapped to one subscriber ID. but the engineer said that the HD box will be primary now and old box will be multiroom.

As it is was working fine, i did not have any issue having the hd box as primary. waiting for Hd channels to get activated as it takes 24 hours, all the other channels are working.
How much did it cost u other than 2600?

weird man, I just hope that the STB is installed tomorrow as secondary coz otherwise id have no option but to sell it or take a new connection or wait for months for my uncle to return :(

Back