Video Tata Sky launches HD shatters the price barrier.

^ Oh well, I was looking at it from the perspective of an existing TataSky customer. As an existing subscriber, I pay 2599 for the box, and get 360 off (30 * 12) = 2239. On the other hand, if I take a new DishTV connection, it would cost me 2990 + 200 - 2 * (325 + 100) = 1940. As for subsequent months, whatever I pay extra in HD (70 bucks compared to TS), I would save in the Platinum package (325 as opposed to 405 I pay for TS today)

ajab.ghajab said:
^ Oh well, I was looking at it from the perspective of an existing TataSky customer. As an existing subscriber, I pay 2599 for the box, and get 360 off (30 * 12) = 2239. On the other hand, if I take a new DishTV connection, it would cost me 2990 + 200 - 2 * (325 + 100) = 1940. As for subsequent months, whatever I pay extra in HD (70 bucks compared to TS), I would save in the Platinum package (325 as opposed to 405 I pay for TS today)
But then again not every one wants all the channels that one gets in platinum pack ,in tata sky one can add a HD pack even in the cheapest base pack.

lol. must be hating flash like its his arch rival.

btw, i think i read on some other forum that DD is also coming out with hd dth in august... maybe prices will fall more after that?

hellgate said:
Any info if Dish TV HD is commercially launched and whether they are offering ESPN HD??
Has been launched for a while now, a friend of mine picked it up only for the World Cup. The ESPN HD Streams are just for the Matches, mind you.

Does the Tata HD settop box have optical out besides the hdmi which i know for sure there is ?

Can someone who owns it or seen it please confirm.My buying decision depends on it guys :)

Powersurge said:
Has been launched for a while now, a friend of mine picked it up only for the World Cup. The ESPN HD Streams are just for the Matches, mind you.
Hows the pic quality of the 4 HD channels that they r offering?

freshseasons1 said:
Does the Tata HD settop box have optical out besides the hdmi which i know for sure there is ?
Can someone who owns it or seen it please confirm.My buying decision depends on it guys :)
It has the following connections '1 hdmi connection, component connection, composite connection, coaxial /spidf(audio), and left right for audio, 2 usb port, no optical connection.'

Few photos of low quality are available too. Source URL TataSKyHD

Sadly if tata sky plus owners upgrade, then will loose the video recording capability.Hope they will soon launch HD capable set-top boxes with PVR function

mahistuffs said:
It has the following connections '1 hdmi connection, component connection, composite connection, coaxial /spidf(audio), and left right for audio, 2 usb port, no optical connection.'

Few photos of low quality are available too. Source URL TataSKyHD
Wow.Thanks for the update on this.I am buying this 100%.

Back