Video Tata Sky launches HD shatters the price barrier.

Big offers a HD-DVR ( Digital Video recorder) ?? Whats the price? what are the details? How big is the HDD , any idea?? will TATAsky come up with a HD-DVR ??

delhiboy1000 said:
Big offers a HD-DVR ( Digital Video recorder) ?? Whats the price? what are the details? How big is the HDD , any idea?? will TATAsky come up with a HD-DVR ??
Well it costs 7.5k for new customers and 6k for existing customers and comes with 160gb HDD.

That's fantastic. I'm definitely going to be getting this as soon as possible, will find about this in my area soon. Pretty good pricing as well! =)

So far any list of channels available?

They have no info, I called them yesterday. Told that they do not have info about upgrades [so far we dont have anyt exchange offer]. Promised 'to get back to me asap'. Lets see

Ill give another call in a couple of days time i guess

I called them and enquired about upgrade as i had purchased it just one day ago. They asked me to buy new STB as currently they dont have exchange offer.

BTW just saw DishTV DTH HD ad in TOI. They offered it for 2990 including 2 months HD free channel.

I am a Tata sky subscriber and have 2 SD STBs. A few quick negatives,

1. No promotional/exchange offer for existing subscribers.

2. No DVR.

3. No details about the back panel (the supposed 5.1 audio - what are the wattages that the box will support?)

4. 1080i instead of 1080p.

5. Only 2 channels for the time being. THe new channels which they are promoting (Star Plus HD, Colors HD, etc.) would be upscaled channel and not HD. Also, not many takers for such channels in HD.

Yeah DishTV HD ads also came in TOI today. I guess they have four channels in HD currently...Nat Geo, Discovery, Zee Cinema HD and Zee TV HD.

Any details onthe hd stb? ports?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Its launched only in mumbai, delhi and chennai..damn!!!

And cc has only the info already there on the site..

DishTV's counter offer is amazing. 2990 with 2 months free of HD channels + Platinum channels. That would make the total cost of the STB the lowest in the market. Now if they could add a DVR on top of it for another 1K :D

ajab.ghajab said:
DishTV's counter offer is amazing. 2990 with 2 months free of HD channels + Platinum channels. That would make the total cost of the STB the lowest in the market. Now if they could add a DVR on top of it for another 1K :D

Except that after the free period in dish tv HD pack are available only if you opt for the platinum pack which is priced at Rs325 + the cost of 4 HD channels Rs100(out of which 2 are upscaled channels ).

Btw its 2990 +Rs200 installation charges,which makes it a total of Rs3190 compared to TS which is 2590 all inclusive and in tata sky you can opt the HD pack @ Rs30 (which includes 2 hd channels) with any starter/Base pack and for new customers they to get english value pack+life style gold pack+ESPN/STARsports pack+HD pack=340 for 2 months free which makes them the cheapest.

Back