Video Tata Sky launches HD shatters the price barrier.

Btw as and when we get HD channels and whatever is existing now, i guess only National Geographic, Discovery World and World Cup on ESPN are in true HD format, while other channels which these providers are advertising like Zee Cinema HD, Star Plus HD, Star Movies HD, will all probably be upscaled versions right ?

^^ Right

I mean even if they claim these channels having an HD bandwidth so to say. 98% of all Hindi Movies/Series are not shot with an HD camera .

You can count on your fingers , the no. of movies which are actually shot in HD and are released on a Blu Ray/HD DVD.

So those feeds would have to contain upscaled data, FOR SURE !

Did anyone check out the quality of tasmil and telugu "HD" shown by sun tv and how gud is their quality compared to discovery HD ?? Interested in knowing how gud or bad upscaled version of normal movies/tv series look like??

! 0 t A said:
^^ Right

I mean even if they claim these channels having an HD bandwidth so to say. 98% of all Hindi Movies/Series are not shot with an HD camera .

You can count on your fingers , the no. of movies which are actually shot in HD and are released on a Blu Ray/HD DVD.

So those feeds would have to contain upscaled data, FOR SURE !
Eh???

Shooting movies using HD camera?? :O

Movies are shot in a format MUCH higher than what BluRay has to offer today. Has been the case since long.

Back