TCS , a matter of deep frustation

deep16

Adept
ok first things first. am a guy from 2011 passout batch(btech). got a offer as a trainee from tcs as an ASE on 1st jan,2010. was waiting happily for 3 months after clg end. now the problem starts. if any tcs guy is here one thing he can assure that tcs is the most lazy ass company in the world. all of my freind who had got into infy, wipro, huawei all ready joined but tcs made me to wait long till today.

today allmost all colleges of w.b including my college got there j.l ( even from other states) but the only guy who was forgotten by them is me. 254 out of 255 my batchmets got jl today. even other lower grade clges( yes tcs has there own grading) got jl but not me. none of my frnd is waiting apart from me and the situation is very panicky .

the usual tcs helpline dosnot bother and i have none to contact, clg tpo says to wait but i deeply suspect some mishap . so is there any tcs guy who can post/pm me some higher officials regarding recruitment dept ?

deep16 said:
ok frst things frst. am a guy from 2011 passout batch(btech). got a offer as a trainee from tcs as an ASE on 1st jan,2010. was waiting happily for 3 months after clg end. now the problem starts. if any tcs guy is here one thing he can assure that tcs is the most lazy ass company in the world. all of my freind who had got into infy, wipro, huawei all ready joined but tcs made me to wait long till today.

today allmost all clg es of w.b including my clg got thre j.l ( even from other states) but the only guy whu was forgotten by them is me. 254 out of 255 my batchmets got jl today. even other lower grade clges( yes tcs has there own grading) got jl but not me. none of my frnd is waiting apart from me and the situation is very panicky .

the usual tcs helpline dosnot bother and i have none to contact, clg tpo says to wait but i deeply suspect some mishap . so is there any tcs guy whu can post/pm me some higher officials regarding recruitment dept ?

Please edit your post and write in English

^^If you have the hard copy of the offer letter and no other intimation from TCS, then there's no need to panic. As yet. If you can, get in touch one of your seniors who is in TCS, and get the email ID of one of the low level HR. Send a very politely worded email as to status of your joining date. Wait for a week atleast for a reply.

If there's no reply yet, simply go to the TCS office in Saltlake, and speak to the HR.

I hope whatever it is, gets sorted soon.

And yes, first step of being a professional, get rid of the SMS lingo :)

AsidXxx said:
^^If you have the hard copy of the offer letter and no other intimation from TCS, then there's no need to panic. As yet. If you can, get in touch one of your seniors who is in TCS, and get the email ID of one of the low level HR. Send a very politely worded email as to status of your joining date. Wait for a week atleast for a reply.

If there's no reply yet, simply go to the TCS office in Saltlake, and speak to the HR.

I hope whatever it is, gets sorted soon.

And yes, first step of being a professional, get rid of the SMS lingo :)

thank you for such a kind reply. the one thing i need is a mail id of a hr who handles such recruitment procedure. if you have any such contact can you pm me through ?

by the way do you think this situation is bit odd and i realy need to worry ?

Dude, do not worry, your time will surely come............

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

deep16 said:
donot have such mood to edit all the post but tried to make it as simple as possible.

Ask and ye shall receive.... but no1 here has the patience to read SMS lingo:bleh:.

why not try in another company? you did not sign a bond yet, right? There are so many companies out there. Go to the next one.
One rule in real life is do not wait for anyone or anything.

Otoh, you can take an advantage of the offer letter you have. Ask for a better offer from the next company saying TCS is offering you the amount and you can show a photocopy of offer document if they ask for it. So many of my colleagues have done this. They take the offer letter from one company and after few days I hear they join another company on better salary than what they were getting in the first one.

Yesterday night i was not in the state to follow up what lingo i was using . i was panicked, heart-broken . by using the word mood i was not being arrogant or whatever , i meant to describe my mental state.

other kind persons who went through my post and replied . thank you guys. only thing i learnt from the whole incident is to keep atleast two to three choices in hand. i was foolish to get content from a single company. though i cleared wipro vlsi interview but never bothered to respond them back . i was so dead sure to get into tcs that i never bothered to prepare for cat also .

now i understand why my parents and seniors discouraged to join tcs and go for another company who hires a smaller no. of people.

6pack said:
why not try in another company? you did not sign a bond yet, right? There are so many companies out there. Go to the next one.

One rule in real life is do not wait for anyone or anything.

Otoh, you can take an advantage of the offer letter you have. Ask for a better offer from the next company saying TCS is offering you the amount and you can show a photocopy of offer document if they ask for it. So many of my colleagues have done this. They take the offer letter from one company and after few days I hear they join another company on better salary than what they were getting in the first one.

the problem with joining other companies is , from our year there is virtually no off-campus from big mnc's. so keeping aside it sector all i know the recruitment process of core companies is very unclear. who knows when they recruit ? so the only option is to leave tire 5 companies and opt for small it firms .

As bad as I feel for your situation, I hope you did not write a mail to them in that language. EVER!

their - possessive form of they

there - some place.

And any TCS guy reading this thread here is not going to like your tone.

prajith said:
As bad as I feel for your situation, I hope you did not write a mail to them in that language. EVER!

their - possessive form of they

there - some place.

And any TCS guy reading this thread here is not going to like your tone.

See thats the point. I am not here to rant , rather than asking for all of your opinion. It is a hard fact that every year TCS recruits so so many people that guys who got into tcs are the last in their respective batches to join the job sector. all of my freinds who got into infy and cts have allready been joined and i am here telling you my story . They willnot even let you talk with your recruitment branch hr to clarify why it is happening so late.

Hey,

I am working in TCS for about a year now and am sure all your emails will never be read.

Ask your TPO to give you the number of the POC at TCS for recruitment. Once you get that, Call any TCS office in your city and ask for the details of that person. Once you get the location where he sits. Just go there and have a chat with him.

And whatever you do please maintain some peace of mind and professional behaviour otherwise you have had it.

Confirm some stuff first:
1) did they give you a recruitment/employment letter when you completed your interview saying you were hierd and stuff???
2) did you register in their portal they have for freshers?
3) did you complete the background check and other formalities that you had to do (I really do not remember them though)???
4) Did you update your NSR details????
5) have you ever received any kind of email communication from them???

lida said:
Hey,

I am working in TCS for about a year now and am sure all your emails will never be read.

Ask your TPO to give you the number of the POC at TCS for recruitment. Once you get that, Call any TCS office in your city and ask for the details of that person. Once you get the location where he sits. Just go there and have a chat with him.

And whatever you do please maintain some peace of mind and professional behaviour otherwise you have had it.

Confirm some stuff first:

1) did they give you a recruitment/employment letter when you completed your interview saying you were hierd and stuff???

2) did you register in their portal they have for freshers?

3) did you complete the background check and other formalities that you had to do (I really do not remember them though)???

4) Did you update your NSR details????

5) have you ever received any kind of email communication from them???

POC ?

1245.. All yes. 3 is to done after ILP. We were not told to do it.

Companies like those usually have some pre-requisites that you have to complete before they give you a joining date like for example you may be required to formally send acceptance of the offer without which they will assume you are not going to join. This has in fact happened to me with my first company. I didn't send my acceptance with the rest of the recruits from my campus and sent it quite late. They apparently didn't receive it and they assumed that I won't be joining.

So, go through your offer letter and any other documents that you received and see if you have completed them. And yeah, talk to your Placement Officer and either get him/her to talk to the HR or get contact details and talk to them your self.

Lord Nemesis said:
Companies like those usually have some pre-requisites that you have to complete before they give you a joining date like for example you may be required to formally send acceptance of the offer without which they will assume you are not going to join. This has in fact happened to me with my first company. I didn't send my acceptance with the rest of the recruits from my campus and sent it quite late. They apparently didn't receive it and they assumed that I won't be joining.

So, go through your offer letter and any other documents that you received and see if you have completed them. And yeah, talk to your Placement Officer and either get him/her to talk to the HR or get contact details and talk to them your self.

Yes i also thought it so . but i have done all the formalities what i have been asked.

I even called up my TPO yesterday. All his response is to wait and see and come back after few days . Now how many days i should wait is a big question to me.

47Shailesh said:
we are not here to make anybody's mood. If you don't have time then take your sorry ass somewhere else.

Wonder why this post has not earned an infraction as yet. There's absolutely no reason to be rude to the OP or anyone for that matter, whatever maybe the reason. SMS lingo is too hard for to read, then dont. And keep your opinions to yourself.

deep16 said:
POC ?

1245.. All yes. 3 is to done after ILP. We were not told to do it.

POC is the Point of Contact. The HR guy who was in charge of the whole process in your college.

There are so many cases where IT companies delay joining dates. My team has 3/4 extreme cases where joining has been delayed by 10 months (during recession)

You have an offer letter with you, don't panic. You can use it to your advantage as already pointed out in the previous posts. Do keep in touch with HR etc.

Back