Team anna's new campaign Ban Congress (Your vote needed)

The thing to keep in mind is that rivalry between political parties (esp. BJP and Congress) is a facade. Electing the BJP is not a solution.

blr_p said:
Paid news, cash-for-votes, and Election Commission | The Hindu | April 11, 2011

There is a reason that DMK did not win the last elections isn't there ?

If they can do it in TN then why not elsewhere ?

it helps for the news coverage in tn but the same is not the case in mumbai.

have seen contradictory reports of the same event happening in mumbai.

the regional channels report the fact while the ones based in delhi try to twist that news to suit their mojo.

eg : the recent events that led to auto strike.

traffic police did some random checks on auto meters and found that majority of the meters were rigged to run faster.
the police acted upon the defaulters and seized their autos .

to oppose this the autos went on strike :huh:

its like students striking to allow copying during exams.

no mention whatsoever of that event in central news channels.

now a party does something to those arrogant autos which they are famous of (beating up those who dont comply with rules) :p

now the central jump on the bandwagon " innocent auto drivers "harassed " and what not bull$hit.

ask anyone in the city and all would agree that they had it coming for themselves.

somehow i feel the studios in delhi sympathise with a particular community and show a bias towards some news.

but thats my opinion and i may get some flak for it.

ggt said:
eg : the recent events that led to auto strike.

traffic police did some random checks on auto meters and found that majority of the meters were rigged to run faster.
the police acted upon the defaulters and seized their autos .

to oppose this the autos went on strike :huh:
Interesting, wish the cops would do the same here too..

So what is the result now ? all ricks meter in mumbai reset to normal ?

vivek.krishnan said:
Buddy, well, you think Mumbai has fared far better? Nope. Attacks on senior citizens, chain snatching, robbery, all these crimes are there here still. Coming to roads, well, hopeless. if i had a penny for each time i went thru a pot hole, i would be a very rich man. But what you say of old and new city still applies here. When i went last month to mantralaya side, i was shocked by the roads! clean and all spic and tidy, free of potholes! Why cant the government do this for the suburbs? Just because politicians use those roads? and not these?

Also I am not exactly pro BJP. I want someone who is not congress right now. and the only alternative I see is the BJP. rest of the parties will combine with either UPA or NDA. 3rd front is a joke, dont want to go into specifics now.

Where did you get the inclination that I was in favor of Congress... I simply mentioned that even if BJP comes to power nothing is going to change & we would still see corruption & under development... So those seeing BJP as the alternative are living with false hope. Two terms of BJP rule in my state hasn't changes shit but it actually got more worse... Also I was not talking about VIP roads used by ministers but the discrimination shown by BJP when it comes to minority rich areas & majority rich areas... The development is more progressive & more real with later.... try google & you would know...

HailStonE said:
but the discrimination shown by BJP when it comes to minority rich areas & majority rich areas... The development is more progressive & more real with later....
Got any links for that ?

It seems like a difficult point to make to me.

blr_p said:
Interesting, wish the cops would do the same here too..

So what is the result now ? all ricks meter in mumbai reset to normal ?
they have been told by the govt to replace their meters with digital ones which gives a proper receipt of the distance covered etc.

HailStonE said:
central chronicle said:
government is becoming more and more one-sided towards the development of new areas of the city, whereas, there is hardly anything left in the roads of old city to detoriate
Your article shows a difference in development between new parts & old parts of the city. New parts pay higher property taxes than older parts so there is a higher expectation that work be done. You expect that the property taxes you pay go into development of your area over some other area.

Hailstone said:
but the discrimination shown by BJP when it comes to minority rich areas & majority rich areas... The development is more progressive & more real with later
Guess i got confused by your use of the words majority & minority.

what did you mean by minority & majority in this context ?

HailStonE said:
Based on religion here...
Right, now that is what i understood you to say but your article did not make that distinction.

It spoke about old areas & new areas. From a perspective of upkeep its down to how much taxes those areas provide.

The same applies with electricity cuts too, the CBD will always face fewer outages or if they happen then they are of a shorter duration compared to other areas because the rates paid are much higher. The same could also be said of urban areas in general in comparison to rural areas.

So the point here is economy determines the quality of life rather than which community happens to live there.

Do you have more articles to share which might maybe make your point more clear ?

Yeah right.. Congress would have won all the votes in Hisar if not for Anna's campaign... :rofl:

I guess those morons saw that congress has been no where close to winning there last time and so chose to campaign against congress there because they can be sure that congress will lose there no matter what and they can bag the credit for that themselves. They would not have chosen a more competitive location for this sort of campaign even if it were available because there is a risk of being embarrassed. Even BJP themselves refuted the role of Anna's campaign. In fact it seems congress got more votes than they should. Role of Anna's campaign in that is a debatable point.

who are they kidding . like the opposition will come in and give their whole hearted support to the bill ...then they will oppose them ,,,

Lord Nemesis said:
Yeah right.. Congress would have won all the votes in Hisar if not for Anna's campaign... :rofl:

I guess those morons saw that congress has been no where close to winning there last time and so chose to campaign against congress there because they can be sure that congress will lose there no matter what and they can bag the credit for that themselves. They would not have chosen a more competitive location for this sort of campaign even if it were available because there is a risk of being embarrassed. Even BJP themselves refuted the role of Anna's campaign. In fact it seems congress got more votes than they should. Role of Anna's campaign in that is a debatable point.
Trial run for UP next year ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Lord Nemesis said:
So the reason EC & cops did not move in is because there was no complaint.

If anybody files a complaint there there is a chance their name will become public.

The article quotes the SC as saying it must have been done secretly, but how is it possible to keep a secret amongst so many people.

Thing i dont understand is it says both parties were doing it, AIDMK & DMK, were there no other parties in this local poll ? presumably those would be the ones filing a complaint.

Back