Team Fortress 2 - F2P?

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free to Play ?

I didn't get any patch notification when I was playing at 4PM today.

Shit I havn't even started downloading.

Damn.

EDIT:

Nope, there's no patch for me. Funny, I just played a game and quit to make sure.

LOL you guys had to download a huge patch and I didn't?

Looks like I'm having the laugh!!!! HAHAHAA

Total TF 2 noob here. But I did play a bit today on the starhub servers. Twas fun. I don't know if I'll make tonight's game, but do add me guys. Steam id: Eyeneedle

Edit: I had to dl a patch today too, but it wasn't more than ~100 MB. Took a few minutes

Added, hope you guys are ready. Is the Indian server ready? I don't wanna play at Starhub when there's an Indian server man.

I am not playing tonight, 1 hour 23 minutes remaining. That sucks :( Don't know what is going on. I'm downloading CRAP or a huge update :( Totally screwed my 2 days :mad: I hate myself now..

This game gets bigger and bigger. I ran it after almost 6 months and had almost 1.5GB worth of data to download WTF. Anyways I played today on the Indian server, the PINGS were INCREDIBLE .... averaging at 50 (compared to 250+ on other servers). Also ran into many TE members, GG guys :)

The Indian server IP: 180.149.247.109:27037
(For newbies: Go to Browser Servers, Favourites tab, click Add Server and paste the IP.

Just wondering, if Valve can make TF2 free to play, why not CS1.6? After all it's way older than TF2. Why not CS: Source for that matter?

jc36lect3r said:
Just wondering, if Valve can make TF2 free to play, why not CS1.6? After all it's way older than TF2. Why not CS: Source for that matter?
Cause those games don't have buyable items. Simple.

Finally updated my game after 4 months. :)

So, which servers are you guys on?

My Steam id:
czmaniac86

Add me.

EDIT: Added the Indian server to fav list, I guess it's empty.

This 'buyable items' statement confuses a lot of people. It does not in any way mean that TF2 is pay2win. Just that you have a choice to buy a desired item from the store instead of waiting for it to drop or crafting it.
I guess one could say TF2 is wait2win :p.

To everyone getting extremely large updates, do the following after the current update has finished downloading:

- Exit Steam
- Go to your Steam folder and delete the ClientRegistry.blob file
- Start Steam

From now onwards all future updates should download only as much as is required.

Also the AXEP.in server is up too, so we now have 2 TF2 servers.
||AXEP.IN|| Official Team Fortress 2 [tf2] Team Fortress 2

Damn man, I couldn't play. Why?

1. The server was EXTREMELY Laggy.

2. I was getting a 150ms ping, STARHUB gives me 125ms and lesser!!!!! And the server is based in Delhi, I LIVE IN DELHI!

3. Sorry buds, but with that ping and lag, it's unplayable. I don't want to, but would choose Starhub over the Indian server.

The solution? The Server needs to be limited to 24 players, will do away with most of the lagging.

There are the 3 servers:

Rank↓ Gm Server Name Players Loc IP:port Server Map

3007. FraG.BoX | eVoXTRM.com Community Server 0/32 180.149.247.109:27037 cp_dustbowl

3271. ||AXEP.IN|| Official Team Fortress 2 0/32 183.87.234.228:27200 cp_dustbowl

6649. ||AXEP.IN|| Official #2 Team Fortress 2 0/20 183.87.234.228:27201 pl_goldrush

Out of these, I'm only gonna play on AXEP.IN #2

I'll be there tonight :D My Steam has finished downloading the CRAP update.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

TF2 is known for lagfree servers even at ping ~250ms. But Indian servers are full of lag and that is pretty bad :(

I still don't believe it, you guys downloaded 2.5GB update, while all I got today morning was a 111MB update, and I checked the meter, it was less than 50MB in reality.

Pity you guys :p

TF2 is known for lagfree servers even at ping ~250ms.

Beyond 150 ms you should try playing, if you are a serious gamer who wants to top the charts.

Something's wrong in Steam again. it is asking me to download 2.9GB of update now :( I believe some files are automatically getting deleted from Steam folder..

Rahulrulez said:
Something's wrong in Steam again. it is asking me to download 2.9GB of update now :( I believe some files are automatically getting deleted from Steam folder..
Tried this?

To everyone getting extremely large updates, do the following after the current update has finished downloading:

- Exit Steam

- Go to your Steam folder and delete the ClientRegistry.blob file

- Start Steam

Check if your file is actually getting downloaded, or ur AV is blocking something or overwriting of system file.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Aman27deep said:
My download will be done in 10 mins, joining. Hope yo see demigod playing!

Sent from my Motorola Defy.
I couldn't play there man, it was lagging more than SAIGNs, and SAIGNs gives me 350ms ping.!!!

EDIT: I wasn't getting 150 ms ping from Indian server yesterday, was getting 240 ping, can be found by typing ping in the console, with 32/32 players.

Back