Team TechEnclave at WCG

Yup, you will still have your personal Points. But those wont reflect in the team.

Only what u submit after joining team will reflect here.

Comeon people 16k members, 1400 active. Come and join WCG. Now where are those big boys with big machines ;)

^^ Yeah, as long as my personal total count doesn't get affected, i don't mind changing to TE team....

Come on Rio (x6800!), and others...

So which tasks are you guys working on?

Cancer is completed...only 4 avl now - proteome2, genome comparison, muscular dystrophy and aids...

Out of these, aids takes ~250mb per task, proteome ~80mb per task, muscular and genome comp take very little memory....

I run Boinc (except for muscular which uses united devices only) as i find it very easy to set preferences and add other projects too with the same manager (like SETI, Einstein, others)

Cheers!

Damn! My total points and ranking has been made 0...this is ridiculous...all i did was change the team...while i understand that my contribution to the team should be 0 in the beginning, i didn't expect my personal points and rankings to be make 0!

^^ Neglect the above msg....it has happened with every1's acc....possibly a bug with their statistics update today's 5:30pm....i hope they correct this problem.....otherwise we'll be all stuck at 0 points and 0 ranking :(

WCG is process of some major system overhaul.

This means you guys may face issues getting new work from the server or getting work for first time at all.

Be patient. It should be resolved soon.

It has been resolved now, all your points should be back when you login, and you should be able to download packets normally.

Issue is partially resolved.

Personal stats are back. You will get new work and be able to upload the done work. Team stats still not updated for yesterday. That will soon resolve too.

Just want to know...

When a work starts, is there no way to pause it, restart the comp and the restart the work from where we left it??

I had some work which was about 90% complete and restarted the system after an installation and the work started again from scratch :(

If you restart your system, the work will resume from where it left. If it was at 90%, chances are when you checked it again, it had completed the last packet and just started the next one. You should login to the website, it will show whether you have returned any results or not.

Funky said:
Just make sure you assign 10GB space to WCG client for optimal results.

I have assigned only 200MB. What effect will it have on the performance. Also do I have to be connected to the internet 24/7?

No not much.
It will never eat up 10 GB or keep occupying that much space. Sometimes on it needs extra space to save temp results and final results before uploading them to server. Assign some more space. That wont be blocked always. You are simply setting max space. So when needed it will use that.
And no you dont need to be connected 24x7. Whenever you connect it will download small pack of data. and keep processing. If you are not connected it will simply process data. and whenever connection is made it will do the needful.

Hey Funky!

I too joined the team and i downloaded the client. But the moment i click on it to install, it says there is already a copy running on my system, and i must exit it manually to reinstall.

Any ideas regarding this? its my office system, so i cant perform a reinstall of XP :( . i searched for the instance in task manager, but i couldnt find anything resembling it. any ideas ???

Grrrrrr.... now its not letting me log in... it says error in sending login information. if you are using a proxy server, please verify it with your network administrator... Grr.. this is hell, even when i give the proxy, it refuses to connect.... :mad:

Sourav which client are you using.

In BOINC client you go to Advanced View, go to Advanced>options> and then to HTTP or SOCKS proxy settings ( depending on your network ) and enter the details.

I have had no issues connecting via HTTP proxy server @ my institution.

Firewall does not cause any problems to WCG but just in case make sure its exempted from firewall.

Back