TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Re: The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Just reached lvl20 and am still not finished quests in Whiterun. Haven't visited any other major city. Just been running around. Killed 5 dragons. One starts wondering how long this is gonna take :huh:

I read somewhere that there are more than 70 shouts in the game but so far I have unlocked only 5. I have killed more than 20 dragons so far but I can't seem to find the words for the shouts. Also, I find killing a dragon easier than killing a bear. All you have to do is understand the AI of the dragons. I guess, dragons do not scale with your level progress like other creatures do. .

Is it possible to do The Silver Hand Companion quest without losing your hireling?

I got my PS3 disc today and played the game for odd 30 minutes. Just looking at a way to get more gold to buy some items. Even for archery training I need to get 250 gold orens. This games gonna eat away a lot of my time.

Damn should have checked that before. Carried every single loot i got and made gold and deco'ed my house completely.

Once i had over 600+ weight carried with me :) . Isnt it funny u get tired on carrying 300+ but after that u can carry as much as u want and still be able to move.

The Whiterun House is extremely cramped. I am looking forward to buy houses in Riften and Soltitude. The Soltitude House is fooking expensive but its beautiful. The best way to earn IMO, is making Jewellery and collecting dragon bones.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Somebody tell me how to level up fast and gather gold. I've spent like 10 hrs and I am still at level 3 :p

What did you do ? - roam around and taking in the scenic beauty of Skyrim ? :p

It is very difficult not to have leveled up for over 10 hrs! :p

Which city do you guys like the most? I am presently liking Riften alot, especially because of its climate and peaceful environment. But owning a house in Riften is a b**ch, I have to complete like 5-6 quests before I am made a thane and offered a house. Markath too has very cool architecture but it can get a little confusing.

How many hours are you guys into this game and what level are you? I am close to 47 hours in and I am level 27.

Somebody tell me how to level up fast and gather gold. I've spent like 10 hrs and I am still at level 3

You can level up fast by getting trained by various NPCs. But doing so would cost you a lot of gold. The best ways to earn gold in my experience are :

1. Kill dragons and sell their bones.

2. Start mining, you may get precious stones while mining which can be used to make jewellery which can be sold off for a good price.

3. Start clearing dungeons. You can find very good treasures in some of the dungeons.

Dont be in a hurry to level up ... enemies level up with u too. As for gold, dungeon raids are he best. Any carry everything u can(atleast weapons, armor and such expensive stuff) . Ofc it would make u walk a lot slow, but u make a lot of money fast. Once u done a few raids and got some levels u can be judicious.

Not sure how many hours, ... but am at 23 now and still in Whiterun.

I got some tips from the web to gather money :p one was the enchantment dagger and the other was that book of oblivion. Finally I am at level 9 now and have already bought a house.

The next quest is that I paid for the house and the renovation and got the key. But where the heck is my place :p (I am talking about whiterun)

Right next to Iron Maiden - the 2nd house on the right from the Whiterun Main Gate

any idea when the PS3 patch is coming ??? stutter lag is showing :/

puns said:
any idea when the PS3 patch is coming ??? stutter lag is showing :/

As per Bethesda, the week after Thanksgiving ie this week.

Freaky said:
Right next to Iron Maiden - the 2nd house on the right from the Whiterun Main Gate
You mean the breezehome ? Frak that man. I paid him money to get my bedroom all set up. He didn't :-s

Back