TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Re: The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - Discussion Thread

i went in 2 of them as of now.. one was for some piece of metal where u fight the centurion.. n second was in markarth..

Vasishta.Sushant said:
You mean the breezehome ? Frak that man. I paid him money to get my bedroom all set up. He didn't :-s

Fyi, the room in which Lydia is - that is not your bedroom if you're referring to that :bleh:
kauzy said:
i went in 2 of them as of now.. one was for some piece of metal where u fight the centurion.. n second was in markarth..

You'd love Mzinchaleft :p

Vasishta.Sushant said:
I am currently playing the game and I didn't see any notification about the update. Download size ?

Make sure you're signed in when you start the game.

Download size 92MB.

Exited the game and started it again. It then showed up. 1.02, not 1.2

I am not updating unless the book of oblivion glitch is still working :p Otherwise I loose my good chance of earning free gold.

Frame rates are definitely much improved now but some random fps drops are still there.

Anyway, a few things that suck about Skyrim:

1. Dialogue options are pretty lame. Come on, its a RPG.

2. No big decisions to make (at least till now) and those that we actually get to make don't make much difference.

3. Character customization is useless since the character will never speak or even show his face properly (but that, I guess, is how Bethesda always do it).

4. Main quest could have been more emphatic since it feels like another side quest (but may be it'll grow later in the game).

I just killed another dragon. At level 13 and loving it. PS3 graphics dont look as shabby as I expected them to be.

killed almost 16 dragons as of yet.. ancient dragons are PITA.. >.<

Concerned citizen petitions President Obama to ban Skyrim « Icrontic Gaming

Whereas videogaming has proven to cause social, ethical and health problems in people of all ages,

Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,

Whereas a new video game has just been created that far exceeds any others in the psychological and spiritual damage it does to teens,

We, the American people, today ask you,

1) To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as “SkyRim” produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2) To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

3) To prosecute the players of “SkyRim” to the fullest extent of the law.

4) To create a national database of videogame avatars and “screen names” so that teenagers can be better monitored.

WTF? :lol:

Skyrim patch 1.2 has resistance-breaking bug

The recently released Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim patch 1.2 appears to have broken character resistances and made some dragons fly backwards. Resistances protect your character and AI monsters/characters from a portion of harmful effects, be they fire, ice and lightning magic, or things like diseases and poisons. As it stands, players take full damage, no matter what enchanted gear, race bonuses or perks they have. Multiple reports of the problem can be found on the Eurogamer forum and Bethesda forum.

The other effect, as mentioned, is that some dragons now fly backwards - evidently bored with hours of flying face first. The patch appears to affect both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Skyrim. Note that you can refuse to update Skyrim to patch version 1.2. You won't be able to play the game while online if you do, though.

Source: Skyrim patch 1.2 has resistance-breaking Eurogamer.net

How many patches to fix issues created by old patches :/

Seems like RPG's need to be purchased couple of months after release for relatively bugs free gameplay.

After 120 hours of gameplay I'm still not able to let go of the game as there's so much more left to do :yeah:

Now thats depressing

MXfmy.jpg

Behold the new Arch-mage

8eACP.jpg

I want to specialize in magic, but I also don't want to be a High Elf because they look ugly. :annoyed: Can I be a Nord but still specialize in magic? How much does the race affect the playing style?

Also how much can I branch out in terms of playing style? Is there a risk of being pwned by enemies if I don't specialize and try out everything?

Back