TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Re: The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Skyrim is far more forgiving than Oblivion. I am a Breton specializing in One Handed and Heavy Armor :) Play the way you want to...

kvikram said:
I want to specialize in magic, but I also don't want to be a High Elf because they look ugly. :annoyed: Can I be a Nord but still specialize in magic? How much does the race affect the playing style?

Also how much can I branch out in terms of playing style? Is there a risk of being pwned by enemies if I don't specialize and try out everything?

Err, ugly?

I chose High Elf mainly due to the sharp and badass looks but soon realized that the character customization is a waste as the protagonist never speaks.

But even if you think that they are ugly, you can still choose it as it won't matter with all the helmets and masks around.

Also you can specialize in anything by choosing any race, there's no restriction as such.

You become more effective if you concentrate on few skills rather than having the points and perks sprayed around.

But there's no risk of getting absolutely pwned as the default difficulty isn't tough enough.

Skyrim is far more forgiving than Oblivion. I am a Breton specializing in One Handed and Heavy Armor Play the way you want to...
Actually, I havent played much of oblivion but its much more forgiving then Morrowind. Which is not a bad thing IMO..

Daedric armor is so badass! :D

389766514.jpg

Hey guys...how do yu mod this thing....it looks like crap without mods//

^Are you sure you are playing the same game? Because crap doesn't look like skyrim. :|

Yep, the graphics are not great technically but the artwork is beautiful, leagues ahead of competition.

OT: Another weekend wasted playing Skyrim, the game just keeps growing on you. Have been leveling up on destruction magic only, till I realize that high level mages were kicking my ass by warding off my spells, have upgraded one hand attack, and am pummeling the mages now :)

How do I get the game to look best.with butter smooth framerates on my 5870? Right now I have this weird shadow flickering. The shadows have a lot of jagged edges and flicker a lot.

Aces170 said:
Have been leveling up on destruction magic only, till I realize that high level mages were kicking my ass by warding off my spells, have upgraded one hand attack, and am pummeling the mages now :)

Get the Spellbreaker, Block and Ward on the same shield, totally pwns mages.

Yay, am a vampire now ... have totally no idea how i became that.

Game do feel a bit weird with the difficult. Bosses are highly powerful while the minions are pretty much one shot.

Some of the skeleton bosses seem harder than dragons.

Btw, how to you get elemental resistances. Frost mages have been kicking my ass a lot :(.

I am playing as a elf paladin, sword on one hand and regen skill on other. I just completely out heal fire dragons. :)

Just drink a potion of Frost/Fire resist before facing a Dragon and slicing it up would be a piece of cake. I am disappointed actually, I thought that the dragons would pose a hard challenge but like I said in my earlier post, killing a dragon is easier than killing a bear.

krugur said:
Yay, am a vampire now ... have totally no idea how i became that.

Game do feel a bit weird with the difficult. Bosses are highly powerful while the minions are pretty much one shot.

Some of the skeleton bosses seem harder than dragons.

Btw, how to you get elemental resistances. Frost mages have been kicking my ass a lot :(.

I am playing as a elf paladin, sword on one hand and regen skill on other. I just completely out heal fire dragons. :)

Join the companions and become werewolf, in the first 2 days if you drink cure disease potion then your vampire is gone.

Werewolves blood has 100% disease resistance.

You can defeat the skeletons by learning new shouts/Thuum and unlocking it with dragon souls. Speak to grey beards to find the locations of dragon languages.

You fire breath and when a big stuck with big boss then use the shout freeze cold (Freezes your enemy) but if you hit then they will get out of it immediately.

Meanwhile you can recouperate via health potion. Use Firebolt by holding it for some time then release it on frost mages.

Best thing is that use arrow or melle swords on mages instead of elemental fight, also use paralyze poison on your weapon, you can use ninroot combination best of all.

Crimson Ninroot is the best in the game.

You can make health potion via alchemy. uses 2 weapons with heavy armor instead of two handed weapon.

My favourite combo is firebolt and blades sword (Enchant it with Lightning Damage) and upgrade it with steel ingots.

Frostbite is good as it slows down enemy with light armor.

I finished the main story in 2days other quests going on, also using good texture mods from nexus skyrim.

I travelled all the way to the college of magic at windelhelm,killed a dragon,faough ice sprites and some bandits,frost wolf and what not,

iam at the gates of the college rite now but could not get in why?

because i failed a stupid conjuration test given by the b**ch elf who holds the key to the gates :(

i have a doubt iam an impiral and can i do dual wielding magic ?

ubergeek said:
I travelled all the way to the college of magic at windelhelm,killed a dragon,faough ice sprites and some bandits,frost wolf and what not,

iam at the gates of the college rite now but could not get in why?

because i failed a stupid conjuration test given by the b**ch elf who holds the key to the gates :(

i have a doubt iam an impiral and can i do dual wielding magic ?

Do you mean the college in Winterhold?

The test is required for entry and for me it was a Healing Hands spell test.

I didn't have the spell so I went back and bought the spell tome for the same from Sybille Stentor in Solitude.

You can dual wield magic.

I am playing this games past few days and now at level 35 but when multiple apprentice attacks i'm dead :dead: in less than 30 sec feels like that level 35 means nothing at all and this game is enormously huge :crazy:

^That is because the enemies level up with you as well. You need to come up with new and innovative ideas to defeat some foes instead on relying on traditional hack and slash style.

Back