I used to play NFS: the run.. but then gannu took an arrow to the knee :p
Bluffmaster said:
I was just getting into Battlefield 3 but then I took an arrow to the knee. :p
Ethan_Hunt said:
So this is why you stopped playing it? :p

391856_181181548643784_147087758719830_335092_1611357129_n.jpg

387261_181029028659036_147087758719830_334763_1277894021_n.jpg

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Haha good one !! Is there any good inventory mod out? The default one sucks, cannot sort with weight or price.

I was thinking of getting this game. Reviews are good but I am not sure if I will like this type of games with leveling system and all. Any suggestions?

Cloud-S said:
I was thinking of getting this game. Reviews are good but I am not sure if I will like this type of games with leveling system and all. Any suggestions?

"The game is buggy as hell. Lot of things done make sense. Lot of things dont work well. The graphics are good but not BF3 range. The difficulty scaling is ridiculous."

Whatever that you hear about this game (negative aspects), its all true. But one thing i can guarantee, once u start playing this, nothing will matter. You WILL fall in love with it. Many have and many continue too.

I remember playing morrowind a long time back, but I really couldn't get into it. Something didn't click. I didn't bother with Oblivion. Finally took the plunge with Skyrim, my first Elderscrolls game and first RPG. Word's cannot describe how immersive this game is. OMG! I'm addicted!

Also, what kind of rigs are you guys running it on? I ask because this seems like a game that was well optimised for the PC. Something I haven't seen in a long time! Runs like a charm on High with 4xAA and 1080p on my old Phenom X550 BE with 4 gigs of Ram and an ATI 4670. I can't believe how smoothly this game runs. Allows me to ignore all those tiny bugs.

^^ Yeah its a beautiful game. I sometimes just wish I had a camera with me in the game. :p

Running smoothly with 2x AA and 4x AF on an old E8400 on stock with a HD4850.

I've been playing this game alongside BF3 and now I'm a Nord at Level 16. This game is awesome. :eek:hyeah:

Only problem is, on my 5870, framerate is not as it should be. Many FPS drops, especially in towns. Then I noticed that the options is showing Nvidia Geforce 8800 GS. :S

What to do? I have been able to enjoy Skyrim to the fullest because of this.

BF1983 said:
^^ Yeah its a beautiful game. I sometimes just wish I had a camera with me in the game. :p

Running smoothly with 2x AA and 4x AF on an old E8400 on stock with a HD4850.

Maama Frapsu install panniko, apdiye screenshots eduthuko. :p

kvikram said:
I've been playing this game alongside BF3 and now I'm a Nord at Level 16. This game is awesome. :eek:hyeah:

Only problem is, on my 5870, framerate is not as it should be. Many FPS drops, especially in towns. Then I noticed that the options is showing Nvidia Geforce 8800 GS. :S

What to do? I have been able to enjoy Skyrim to the fullest because of this.

Also apply the Skyrim 4GB mod which enables the game to recognize all of your Ram rather than limiting it to 2GB.

4GB Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

Hmm I am stuck at the staff of Magnus quest. Somehow I aborted this quest earlier, as I was getting my ass whooped. However gave it a retry and am stuck in Labyrinthian with a Draugr Deathlord. He will hack my NPC in 2-3 shots, and he has a shout which drains all my magicka. I tried running away but he always catches up :O only option I have left is taking the werewolf form, will try it today..

The Staff of Magnus (Quest) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Yes that was a tough fight. I used a flame atronarch to keep him busy while chipping away with my fire enchanted bow. Froze his ass with the Iceform shout and brought his health down. Finally used the slow time shout and bludgeoned him to death. Potions, stock up on potions, they are invaluable.

Yup, I beat most end level bosses by using potions. Especially the drain magika and drain health ones. Good thing I spent some perks on Alchemy.

Some updates -

This game is huge! I put in 70-80 Hours for Fallout 3 and this will easily trump that.

I'm about to level up to 10, have put in 10-12 hours, have killed 3 Dragons so far and would have raked in a 4th had it not just flown away.

Here's a legit quick way to travel to Capital Cities (if you haven't figured this out already)

Find Thaer, Nordic Carriage Driver, near Katla's Farm close to Solitude. I found him while exploring, you can pay him 50/20 Gold Coins for a ride to Major/Minor capitals resp. Once the city is discovered you can always fast travel.

- I was a little disappointed by the fact that the looting, gameplay mechanics resemble Fallout 3 too much. It just feels too familiar, was hoping it would be fresh.

- NPCs, touring party are a bore so far. Character does not speak like other Bethesda games so that's a bummer.

- Lack of cutscenes (So far), Games like Dragon Age: Origins had a very character driven story.

Nevertheless, misc/side quests here I come.

^That carriage driver is outside nearly every city. I never used it. It's so much fun to travel by yourself. So many things to discover.

Also, Smithing is way to easy to level up. Just keep buying iron all just use leather and make a few iron daggers or hide helmets. Smithing low level items gives you the same number of skill increases as smithing high level items.

Back