TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
^^LOL :p and all the time I wait for some dragon to hit me :p I am dragonborn after all :p Hunting the dragon most of time in the peaks. ;)

@ganno - Let me guess, someone stole your sweet-roll ?:p

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
Am I the only one who likes playing in a shirtless fur armor? It just looks very cool whenever I slay someone with my sword and their blood sticks to my body. I look like a badass with my bloody back and chest. :D

@Gannu : If you are playing in the Third Person view like me, I am sure you would want to change your appearance. I do it quiet often, although I just change the facial hair and hairstyle but you can change the appearance and race too if you want. To do it, just hit the ~ key and type showracemenu.

I would recommend against changing your race as sometimes it messes up your stats.

BTW ... did you guys know the warriors from Hammerfell have curved swords ....... Currvved Swords. :p

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
^Haha yeah I think I heard some NPC saying that 'curved swords' lol. Another NPC after spotting me in my shiny new Dragon Armor kit whistles and comments 'Is your armor made from.... dragon bones? By the gods, what I wouldn't do for armour like that.' :eek:hyeah:

I do play in 3rd person view. I don't know how folks play it in FPS mode! But don't kill me for that. :p The moment I switch to FPS mode when using the bow and arrow, I find it hard to control the crosshair. Maybe it is just a matter of time. But I do not wish to change my looks now since my character spots the looks of the wicked warlord of the Dothraki nomads from A Game of Thrones - Khal Drogo. I did post the image before when I started the game. It doesn't matter anyway since the character is completely covered in the armor!

@dorks: :p

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
kvikram said:
How do I pull back the camera in third person view on X360 controller?

You can use the camera zoom in/out..

Dunno what are the default keys

but i use this mod...

n3GYX.jpg

seach for x360 mod by redninja

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Gannu said:
Unfortunately that cannot be done AFAIK. If you draw a weapon, the camera pans a bit back making the view slightly better. When you sheathe the weapon, it goes back to more like the over-the-shoulder perspective. Which is why I tend to go around with the weapon drawn. Consumes a bit more stamina but I wouldn't mind that.

Errr.. I did find the way to move back the camera after messing with the controller a bit. Don't remember now but it did involve pressing down one of the analog sticks (gives you a click) and using one other key to pull back (forgot which)

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Freaky said:
Errr.. I did find the way to move back the camera after messing with the controller a bit. Don't remember now but it did involve pressing down one of the analog sticks (gives you a click) and using one other key to pull back (forgot which)

Pressing the right analog stick switches the view from first-person to third-person. I'll fiddle with the controls and see if this is possible. :p

damn

Adept
Aug 23, 2008
Zürich, Switzerland
Gannu said:
This just saved me 55 hours. I accidentally tried to add a new companion while having Adela the Huntress still as an existing companion, main quest line almost got owned.
jc36lect3r said:
I am using this.

SkyUI at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

Far better than the normal invetory, you guys should try it out.
I love this. Mara's blessings upon the both of you.

On a different note, its a shame that RPG makers play such cheap tricks to prolong playtime, the misclicks on the pc version while using inventory is the worst aspect of the game.

kvikram

Skilled
Nov 16, 2010
Gannu said:
Pressing the right analog stick switches the view from first-person to third-person. I'll fiddle with the controls and see if this is possible. :p
I've found it out! Hold down the right stick button while moving the left stick forward or backward. :)

OT: I like to keep a pillow on my lap while playing with the X360 controller so that I can rest my hands on it. Do you guys do the same, or do you hold the controller up in the air?

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
kvikram said:
I've found it out! Hold down the right stick button while moving the left stick forward or backward. :)

OT: I like to keep a pillow on my lap while playing with the X360 controller so that I can rest my hands on it. Do you guys do the same, or do you hold the controller up in the air?

Thanks for the tip! Will do that today.

OT: I lean back on my recliner and prefer keeping the controller on the lap. :p

@dorks: Been using these mods - http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/tes-v-skyrim-discussion-thread-180601-34.html#post1999746