TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Re: The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - Discussion Thread

You can assign hotkey to favourites. Press the number key you want to assign when the required spell or weapon is highlighted in favourite menu.

Some really midnlblowing skyrim screenshots

Dead End Thrills | Pretty. Epic.

the author had tweaked his FOV in such a way that the whole expanse of skyrim could be captured in a single view.

this is really awesome i think Skyrim is on of the few games where the Concept art is FULL realised ,the only other game which i knew did this is Okami

Vasishta.Sushant said:
from where ? how much ? will be waiting for your impressions.

Received it just now from Intencity for 3150/-.

Also got a cloth map inside.

Will start later.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Too costly thing man. I hope it is worth the moolah spent.

Thats what I'm hoping for since I only buy games that I know I'll be playing for over 30 hours like Batman AC, UC3, Resistance3, Deus Ex HR, Mass Effect2, LA Noire, etc.

kauzy said:
yes.. i had to.. afterall i paid 1000 coins for that arse.. er.. horse :p

F5 often ... my horse died once too ... just did a reload :) ... i do a lot of stupid stuff, so save quite often :cool2:

kestrel5915 said:
Thats what I'm hoping for since I only buy games that I know I'll be playing for over 30 hours like Batman AC, UC3, Resistance3, Deus Ex HR, Mass Effect2, LA Noire, etc.
Just let me know how good it looks on the PS3. I won't mind spending that money if the game looks fantabolous and is worth spending 50 hours.

krugur said:
F5 often ... my horse died once too ... just did a reload :) ... i do a lot of stupid stuff, so save quite often :cool2:

I happened to misuse the quick save option in Deus Ex: Human Revolution by saving very often. Felt very guilty at times. :(

They should have kept it as auto saves IMO.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Parents Named Child Dovahkiin (Dragonborn) After Skyrim Character | Myona News

OMG! :lol:

Recently, there was a competition held by Skyrim developers Bethesda to name their child Dovahkiin (Dragonborn) which is the main protagonist of Skyrim. Megan and Eric Kellermeyer named their son, born last Friday, Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer.

The parents won free Bethesday games for life which is an awesome reward. Lets hope little Dovahkiin there loves playing with RPGs or even like playing games at all when he grows up.

So guys whats ur approx game-play hours till now??

6 hrs 20 min for me...exact figures(Gameplay tracker) :( (Thanks to univ exams)

4 sessions (approx 1.5 hrs each)

Seems like this game would take at least 100s of hrs!!!

in my 6hrs completed only 2-3 small quests

now @whiterun joined the companions...where the hell is that blacksmith need to sharpen the sword :p

take a right from the door from which u exit.. n go upstairs.. u'll find him there :p

Kotaku review finally up. Sharing a few interesting parts :

The tantalisingly brief Skyrim teaser trailer debuted by Bethesda Softworks late last year filled my mind with visions of titanic battles between man and beast; of shining steel bathed in ancient flames; of a champion rising from humble origins, prepared to sacrifice everything for the fate of the world. After 60+ hours with the game those visions have been fully realised — and rendered largely inconsequential.

I’m not sure if it’s a testament to Bethesda’s open-ended game design or my own frivolity that in a world filled with thousands of built-in activities I spent several hours making up my own. I earned no skill points for relentlessly pursuing elk across the frozen wastes, cliff-diving into shallow pools, or attempting to cross entire towns using only rooftops, but I felt just as fulfilled as I did when I was swiping a valuable trinket for the Thieves Guild, deterring a rambunctious bard from pursuing an unwilling maiden, or battling Dark Elf racism with my bare fists. Skyrim is the ultimate OCD adventurer’s playground, packed so full of entertaining new experiences that you can barely complete before the next appears on the horizon.

When all was said and done my 60+ hours of adventure consisted of perhaps seven hours with Alduin and company, 10 hours of random exploring, and the rest of my time spent devouring just a small portion of the side quests — the real meat of the game. Ranging from short fetch missions to adventures so lengthy and memorable they rival the core story, it’s almost insulting to call them side quests. They are the beating heart of Skyrim.

Traditionally a singleplayer game, Skyrim has spawned its own social multiplayer component. By stocking the game with so much content that only the most dedicated player (or those armed with strategy guides) could hope to see it all, Bethesda has created an ever-growing community of storytellers, each eager to hear the unique tales of others while sharing their own. It’s happening on internet message boards. It’s happening on Facebook and Twitter. It’s even happening in game stores, where the mere mention of the game’s name evokes spirited conversation between total strangers.

Skyrim is not a flawless game by any measure, but where fans of other titles might rise up against rampant glitches and shoddy programming, this impassioned community has embraced it. Thrown into the air by a giant’s club? That’s hilarious. A horse that mysteriously blinks in and out of existence? He’s our legendary steed. An overall lack of proper combat targeting? Damn those stupid non-player characters for jumping in front of my fireball. I’ve seen accusations since the game’s release that reviewers are giving Bethesda a pass because their games are always flawed, but it’s not the reviewers.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-the-kotaku-review/

I am spending more time wandering aimlessly across Skyrim than following the quests, what about you guys?

^^ same here.. find a cave.. clear it.. find a ruin.. clear it.. find a mine.. exhaust it :p

PS3 impressions:

The game is very atmospheric and the graphics, although not very artistic, look very good on the PS3.

Not much color which is very typical of Bethesda and the gameplay style instantly feels like Fallout3, as its my first Elder Scrolls game.

I don't think it looks any better on the PC but the intermittent frame rate issues and texture loading issues would not be there on PC.

One thing that really bugs me
is that in a 2011 RPG the protagonist doesn't bother speaking a word. It slightly spoils the fun out of having a realistic feel of the character's personality without seeing him/her speak and gesticulate.

And hence the whole exercise of customizing and detailing your character's appearance seems pretty pointless and stupid.

Also the PS3 version is reported having stuttering issues later when the save file size is over 5-6mb.

^^ same here.. find a cave.. clear it.. find a ruin.. clear it.. find a mine.. exhaust it

You need to level up before attempting the main quest. I was level 5 when I tried doing the second part of that High monks mission. Snow trolls were killing me mercilessly, hence decided to do a couple of side quest before re-attempting that mission.

OMG! This is fuc*** awesome! :lol:

Aces170 said:
You need to level up before attempting the main quest. I was level 5 when I tried doing the second part of that High monks mission. Snow trolls were killing me mercilessly, hence decided to do a couple of side quest before re-attempting that mission.

The Shout with the Ice Freeze works awesome! I came across couple of them and I used the Freeze shout - Froze them solid and hacked them to death :eek:hyeah:

Funny thing is that one was charging at me when I used that power - He froze and flew past me as one solid piece of ice - these guys have even taken inertia into consideration :rofl:

Back