TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

dovakhiin

Adept
Jan 17, 2012
Bangalore
Re: The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Aces170 said:
Seriously how, am Level 12, and giants are yet able to kill me in 1 shot. Magic + armor rating of 120....

If you're not into ranged attacks,just use the werewolf's power attack the giants go flying then you can claw at them till they recover.Getting hit will still kill you but its easy to dodge in werewolf form.I don't think its possible to stand your ground and fight a giant unless your level is really high.

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Sep 5, 2009

Get up on a hill/ridge where they can't climb and pepper them with arrows, cheap and easy.

razormax

Recruit
Sep 10, 2010

Freaky said:
Keep running away from them and shoot arrows :p

I used flame spell as my primary attack and used the terrain to my advantage by keeping running around and hitting them from far. I took one at a time. :D

Zinc

Adept
Jan 8, 2010
Globe Trotter

Lost my companion with shitloads of items gone with her :mad:

And no, she didn't die, just got lost when I fast traveled to a location.
And I didn't notice as I was busy talking with people and when I did notice I didn't have a recent save file :(
I tried going back to the same location but couldn't find her.

So many glitches but still can't stop loving the game.

It was Uthgerd who got lost and now I hired Marcurio and the guy is a total dude wreaking chaos.

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Sep 5, 2009

A dragon ambushed me right inside the College of Magic (or whatever it is called) courtyard. I thought this would be easy with all the mages around, but they were like "I am out of here !!" Fooking poosies.

Lazzy Boy

Adept
Jun 17, 2008

kestrel5915 said:

And I didn't notice as I was busy talking with people and when I did notice I didn't have a recent save file :(

It was Uthgerd who got lost and now I hired Marcurio and the guy is a total dude wreaking chaos.

Just go to the hall of dead and you can retrieve all the items from the body :)

Freaky

ex-Mod
Jun 19, 2005
kestrel5915 said:

Huh? That is wierd! I have "lost" my companion too on more than one occasion. Always got them back when I fast travel to another location! And NPCs don't take the route you do to climb down or up a mountain or a cave. Be patient and wait for few seconds (2 minutes) at the most and they'll catch up with you. But as stated earlier, always got them back when I fast traveled to any location.

jc36lect3r said:
A dragon ambushed me right inside the College of Magic (or whatever it is called) courtyard. I thought this would be easy with all the mages around, but they were like "I am out of here !!" Fooking poosies.

:rofl:

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

Tao

Disciple
Mar 14, 2009

kestrel5915 said:

Uthgerd has a house in Whiterun - she'll be there or in the Bannered Mead if she isnt dead. Companions return to their original locations if unattended after some time.

reddead

Adept
May 1, 2011

why kill giants?? they are at peace

its mammoths who attack at sight...

I once saw a dragon fighting the giants + the 2 mammoths found at the west of whiterun....

i intervened ,thought of slaying the dragon while he was fighting but the ****ing mammoths left the dragon and started attacking me...

even the dragon was attacking me.... only the giants didn't ......had to run for my life....

ubergeek

Skilled
Jul 10, 2007

i have spent like 17 hours just doing the sidequest nothing else

also lydia my houseward is also lost this happened when i started the quest where my companion was replaced with the shield borther any how now i have uthgerd as my companion

the giants are awesome they helped me kill a dragon,iam pretty sure i would have been dead if i attacked the dragon alone

iamnew

Adept
Feb 22, 2009

Loving the game every bit.But the AI is really dumb sometimes.Is it possible to join both Legion and Stormclocks?

Zinc

Adept
Jan 8, 2010
Globe Trotter

Lazzy Boy said:
Just go to the hall of dead and you can retrieve all the items from the body :)

Like I said, she didn't die.

Update: She came to my wedding ceremony and I tried talking to her but somehow she had already become unhired so all my items are gone so I went ahead and hired Marcurio.

When after losing her I had tried to hire Marcurio, he replied that I already have a companion (whom I couldn't find anywhere!).

So its surely a bug.

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006

Is anyone able to marry Lydia? I guess a bug in the PC version is preventing me from marrying her. I have played the game for 35 hours now and Lydia has been with me for more than 30 hours due to which I have formed a bond with her and hence I want to marry her. Besides, the face mods make her look even pretterier. :D

Also, I am glad that modding skyrim is so damn easy compared to Oblivion. All you have to do is copy paste just like you would a crack. Here are some really good mods released so far:

GameSpot Guide to Modding Skyrim - Features at GameSpot

Zinc

Adept
Jan 8, 2010
Globe Trotter

Gannu said:
Any romance sequences yet? ^kestrel's done with the guy's marriage so I am sure it must be the suhaag-raat tonight? :p

:p

There's no suhaag-raat unfortunately like those unofficial ones in ME2.

And also there's no romance sequence too as the build up to the marriage is pretty plain ie less dialogue centered and more quest centered.

Rather after the marriage ceremony, the wife Senna just went out the door telling me that I can come live with her or she can come with me :p

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006

Well, there are already nude mods out, so you can pretty much run your imagination wild and pretend a romance if you want. For example, I would keep my in-game wife nude when I am at my home. :p

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006

^I was only kidding, only some twisted weirdo pervert would do that. :p :ashamed:

Anyways, as far as modding is concerned, its still early days and most of the mods aren't of the oblivion quality as yet. I found the following mods pretty good :

1. Enhanced Blood Textures at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

2. Skyrim 4GB Tutorial at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

3. No More Blocky Faces at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

Detailed Faces v2 at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

4. FXAA Post Process Injector at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

The Skyrim Street View mod looks really cool but I was unable to get it to work. It just screwed with my framerate and therefore I had to remove it.