The Android tablet thread

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All.

Since i didn't see any general android tablet thread, starting one. We can include general ROM questions, APPs, Accessories etc.
I have seen android app threads. But just wanted one specific for tablets.

I am using Viewsonic Gtablet with GTabComb ROM. Its great.

Need some great applications for video, PDF, office, music, cbr/cbz, games etc. Please recommend. Any general fun ones also ok.

@staff : If not allowed/necessary, Please remove.

Thanks.
m-J

Nope. Got a very good offer in viewsonic gtablet. Will do for now.

have other stuff to pay for. so cheap one will do now. :D

Even I got it from ebay via tigerdirect for 250 bucks last month..
its 260 bucks on ebay/woot.com right now.

I am using the flashback ROM 7.0
Advantages - Youtube videos work fullscreen HQ, WiFi reconnects back perfectly after a sleep mode
Disadvantages -few FC's a week and pathetic battery life (a day even without any usage)

Applications
NEWS - NEWS 360 is a nice app. (youtube style widget as well)
Weather - Accuweather for tablet (I love 'Go Weather' for my android phone, but doesn't detect internet connection on the tablet)

@m-jeri: Can you list down the advantages or things that you love about the GTABComb?

GTabComb.

+ The UI is very snappy

+ Flash, Market all are working proper.

+ Dunno regarding Hardware acceleration. I use rockplayer with software. its ok. Tried hardware. it didnt give any error.

+ HC is best for tablet. hands down.

+ I charged first last friday evening. then only recharged yesterday night. Dunno to measure. any apps?

Cons

1. I get few FC from few apps now and then.

2. I tried using SetCPU and Android admin to see my CPU speed and all. Its not showing. Also its not showing up on the default settings->system info. ???.

3. I get SetCPU FC's very often.

4. Once when i put the screen lock using power button and tried coming back. it didnt. It booted again. No idea what happened.

5. Havent tried any games other than Angry birds. so cant comment.

6. This i see as weird and a nuisance. When i try closing few apps. It never comes back to home screen. I can see the task bar. but no screen. :S.

m-jeri said:
GTabComb.

+ The UI is very snappy
+ Flash, Market all are working proper.
+ Dunno regarding Hardware acceleration. I use rockplayer with software. its ok. Tried hardware. it didnt give any error.
+ HC is best for tablet. hands down.
+ I charged first last friday evening. then only recharged yesterday night. Dunno to measure. any apps?

Cons

1. I get few FC from few apps now and then.
2. I tried using SetCPU and Android admin to see my CPU speed and all. Its not showing. Also its not showing up on the default settings->system info. ???.
3. I get SetCPU FC's very often.
4. Once when i put the screen lock using power button and tried coming back. it didnt. It booted again. No idea what happened.
5. Havent tried any games other than Angry birds. so cant comment.
6. This i see as weird and a nuisance. When i try closing few apps. It never comes back to home screen. I can see the task bar. but no screen. :S.

1. Flash works only in Opera (Flashback)
2. I have seen only 5-6 FC's in the whole last month with Flashback, and I use the tablet for 2 hours average everyday.
3. Hardware acceleration doesn't work for any of the current HC ports (I don't trust Illuminate firnware, only one who currently claims to have Open GL and hardware acceleration)

Apps - Plants and zombies works fine, and for pdf - think office free, and you can try VTL/ADW for a different UI, VEVO for some videos, NDTV India.

Sanav3 said:
1. Flash works only in Opera (Flashback)

2. I have seen only 5-6 FC's in the whole last month with Flashback, and I use the tablet for 2 hours average everyday.

3. Hardware acceleration doesn't work for any of the current HC ports (I don't trust Illuminate firnware, only one who currently claims to have Open GL and hardware acceleration)

Apps - Plants and zombies works fine, and for pdf - think office free, and you can try VTL/ADW for a different UI, VEVO for some videos, NDTV India.

Using dolphin and utube app. both are fine with flash

Anyone who's bought a tablet in US and got it here through SNS, how much custom-duty is charged? I heard it is ~%15, but first-hand experiences would help :)

just got the transformer . absolutely great build , light and sexy ... still havent powered on to check light bleeds , but no creaking ..... got it through icc in 4 days :|

kippu said:
just got the transformer . absolutely great build , light and sexy ... still havent powered on to check light bleeds , but no creaking ..... got it through icc in 4 days :|

Congrats. PLZZ guide me to how to get from ICC. i am getting quotes of 23k .How u get for 21.9.

Back