The Android tablet thread

Just open a account shopabroad and get a quote ,then you wil get the mail ,it was 385$ at Amazon , but it wont go to 23,

kippu said:
Just open a account shopabroad and get a quote ,then you wil get the mail ,it was 385$ at Amazon , but it wont go to 23,

Thanks.When filling form for quote it asks for "Local U.S. Shipping Charges and is NY sales tax charged" what to write in these two fields? If shipping is free then we have to write 0?And in item category it isnt mentioned Tablets.What to choose?

shipping is free , thats what i wrote and category is other computer .... shipping should come to 630 rs and duties i think 3.3k

kippu said:
shipping is free , thats what i wrote and category is other computer .... shipping should come to 630 rs and duties i think

Thanks a lot. Ya but i am getting quote of 630 as shipping and 3.8 as duties for 399$ on newegg.com. Whats shipping weight u entered? Can u provide amazon link from where u ordered?

Sorry for disturbing u.

techpal said:
Thanks a lot. Ya but i am getting quote of 630 as shipping and 3.8 as duties for 399$ on newegg.com. Whats shipping weight u entered? Can u provide amazon link from where u ordered?
Sorry for disturbing u.
get it from neweggbusiness.com and use the coupon code 'ENT250' for 50$ discount.
NeweggBusiness - ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (TF101-A1) Tablet NVIDIA Tegra 2 10.1" Wide SVGA 1GB DDR2 Memory 16GB Flash HDD NVIDIA ULP GeForce

PS: I am in US, so no idea abt shipping to India

I want to know how to use Promo code of newegg.com while filling form for quote on shopabroadonline.com. Should i write net price after deduction of value of promo code or total price without deduction of value of promo code and write promo code in box seperately?

^^For that to work, the 3G Data card manufacturer must have released drivers for Android! I don't think it would work OOTB like Plug-n-Play!

techpal said:
I want to know how to use Promo code of newegg.com while filling form for quote on shopabroadonline.com. Should i write net price after deduction of value of promo code or total price without deduction of value of promo code and write promo code in box seperately?

just call them up dude , they are pretty helpful

dantool said:
how does iconia fair vis a vis transformer? i wanted a tab under 400$ with usb port so that i can use my 3g data card with it.

I believe archat was successful in using a 3G data card with one of the firmwares of Viewsonic GTAB (250$), PM him I guess.

@kippu

I purchased transformer made payment today but havent received any email from shopabroadonline regarding payment confirmation.Got sms from bank that CC has been charged. Do we get any email from shopabroadonline regarding payment successful or that order has been placed?

@techpal - did the neweggbusiness coupon discount work?

@Kippu - can you try video chat with Gtalk, Skype or Fring and confirm if it works on transformer? some people have reported issues with mic quality..

I need to get a device for Video chat (for my Mom) and inclined towards the transformer.

techpal said:
@kippu

I purchased transformer made payment today but havent received any email from shopabroadonline regarding payment confirmation.Got sms from bank that CC has been charged. Do we get any email from shopabroadonline regarding payment successful or that order has been placed?

did you make payment at 3 am :p , lol ...just give them a call , i think rainhna? ( dont get her name) or sanjay will help you out ....usually you will get a mail saying payment received ..then another mail saying product bought .... congrats techpal , how much did you end up for?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sanav3 said:
@techpal - did the neweggbusiness coupon discount work?

@Kippu - can you try video chat with Gtalk, Skype or Fring and confirm if it works on transformer? some people have reported issues with mic quality..

I need to get a device for Video chat (for my Mom) and inclined towards the transformer.

i hardly voicechat , so i have to find a bakra for me to do that and let u know :p.... or you can get online and i can talk to u if u want......... volume was bad until i installed a volum+ app ...now its great

^

Ya got for 21.2 .Ok will call them as office opens at 10am as i didnt receive any email . Is there any cause of worry regarding email not received?

I am looking for a 7" tablet for my Dad. The Nook Color is available on Ebay for 15K. Is that a good deal? And what other options do I have?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any other sub 15K deal?

You can try the Reliance 3G tab.

Decent specs - 7" capacitive, 800 Mhz processor, 512 MB Ram, 4 GB sd card bundled, 3G.

Pricing is around 13k. Only negative is that its locked to Reliance network.

Does any tablet except the galaxy tab support hardware decoding of DivX and other Hd formats???

Really need to get one with this feature but the Galaxy Tab has that monitor problem...

Back