The Android tablet thread

I am planning to go for a 2.3 based ROM from this 3.0 rom.

Since i use Apps more than the home screen sexiness. :D

Let the HC ROMS get more stable.

dantool said:
I tried registering on neweggbusiness but it's asking for business info. is there any workaround?

Tax ID all zeroes, it work fine..I ordered a laptop 2 weeks back and it was delivered on time.

A person from another website even called them up and they said even sales on ebay make u eligible for a account on neweggbuisness.com

BUT don't bother for the 50$ coupon code, as it expired within 24 hours.

Guys,

I have checked out quite some options for budget Android tablets. I want something with decent specs for my Dad. Drag n drop files, stutter free a/v playback, read pdfs/ebooks, light gaming, wi-fi, mail, etc. Shortlisted the Creative ZiiO, Nationite Rocktab in the sub 10K range. And if I up my budget to 12K, the Nook Color. Which would be my best option? Is there any way I can get the Samsung Tab 7" for really cheap?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Came across quite a lot of options on mp4nation.net. Any recos? How has the shopping experience been? They accept Indian credit cards?

another must have app ..... tv shows stream or search TV v1.1..,

just search any tv show and start streaming it ... one of the first apps that i am totally excited with

techpal said:
GTAB 750 is available since the last 2 weeks.

I'm actually looking for a tab which could double as a reader for my medical books - pdb/pdf files.
Does the Galaxy tab fit this kind of usage or should I just go for the Ipad 2 ?

If e-reader is you primary requirement then you should consider 7" Tanlets rather than 10" ones as it is easier to handle & carry. Any Android Tablet can do PDFs & ePubs, iPad 2 is an overkill for that

Folks,

Any updates on Mercury iPad ? There was a lot of discussions on its launch plan, features and VFM and then no further news :) I am looking forward to buy one. Any idea when it will be available in the market ?

pdfs are sometimes resolves as images on some devices and trying to read them is supposed to be waste of time.

I have a Sony PRS600 mainly used for ePubs. Accessing large pdfs takes ages that I totally stopped trying.

Do these tablets allow magnification of the text/pdf file? Say for ex. I have a bundle of encyclopedias for the kids, can they zoom in as they please?

Folks,

I came to know from Bangalore Mercury dealer that mpad will be launched this weekend and the price expected is 9950/-. The price is 500/- more than what initially proposed. Will keep you guys posted as and when I hear more !

Re:

Does anybody knows about any alarm, scheduler app which can make the alarm on by scheduled time and wake the tablet? I have tried a lot off apps which only ring the alarm when screen light is on. generaly we set the screen light goes off after 15-60 seconds to save the battery but none the app work when screen display light is off, none is capable to wake the tablet at scheduled time.
I have tried the apps
1. ASTRID TASKS
2.default CLOCK'S ALARM
3.COLOR NOTE
4.G ALARM
5. TODO PRO
6. ALARM XTREME
ALL ONLY WORK WHEN I SET THE DISPLAY TIMEOUT NEVER

^^Something must be wrong with your device! Unless you have significantly under clocked the CPU, there is no reason why *any* alarm app wouldn't wake the tablet and ring the alarm!

Try a different rom, as some ROM might push the device to sleep mode when you turn off the screen as battery drain on custom roms was a big problem for the gtablet. Also email notification worked for me on the gtablet with screen turned off, you can try that to confirm the hardware is fine.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Sanav3 said:
Try a different rom, as some ROM might push the device to sleep mode when you turn off the screen as battery drain on custom roms was a big problem for the gtablet. Also email notification worked for me on the gtablet with screen turned off, you can try that to confirm the hardware is fine.
Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

I have tried the VeganTab, stock 1.2 v 4349 , Harmony Gingerbread 2.35, Flashback H.C v8.1 alfa , Brilliant Corners 1.3.1 BL1.2
with same results.
Never got alarm with turned off screen.Is there any problem with format? I guess Android uses multiple partitions against windows single partition.
Even with the Vagan-Tab there was the same issue. Since i need badly a scheduler alarm to remind me about the tasks. I never wanted a app which can alarm in even switched off tab as it happens in our ages old NOKIA phone but alarm only in turned off screen.
This was the only reason i flashed my tab with all these ROMs.
On which ROM u got email notification with turned off screen? I would go for that.

Back