*** The Anti-Showoff Thread ***

SunnyBoi said:
Hmmm so can i post some bribes I got? :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

U better off sending that list to anna hazare. he will cope better :D

I had no idea "bania" is a race, seriously. I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone which I had no intention of doing.

Well bania isnt a race, neither an ethnicity neither a caste. Bania word came from Vanik (वणिक) which means a merchant, though normally we call aggarwal community in north and marwari community in west as baniya, because they are merchant class for centuries, but still bania cant be a race at all. Normally they are associated with kanjoosi, yes :D because they keep saving pennies out of their sales.

This is Epic.... :eek:hyeah:

Initial start-up may be insensitive to a few people but the purpose of this thread is really good... Every one of us had grabbed that sweet deal for some worthless stuff (or some not so worthless but for a killer price)...

:thumb:

net said:
Well bania isnt a race, neither an ethnicity neither a caste. Bania word came from Vanik (वणिक) which means a merchant, though normally we call aggarwal community in north and marwari community in west as baniya, because they are merchant class for centuries, but still bania cant be a race at all. Normally they are associated with kanjoosi, yes :D because they keep saving pennies out of their sales.
Yeaaa, that's what the word means when you say it in these parts of India. Never got to find out about the true meaning and origin.. Until now :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Rockfella said:
I would show my mousepad too, but its a desk :p

Rockfella said:
Unfortunately i can't post pictures of cheap underwears i bought from ebay using crazy coupons :lol:
If you're feeling shy, you can just post the receipt :p

Thanks Guys.

And for today's entry, the amazing display screen I have at work. 15 inches of sheer brilliance. I wonder if it does Full HD :p

b050216b937c7dcf9383afa1c2b70a00.jpg

I'm stuck with it. I've set it to full resolution (1280x1080 :p ) in the hopes that it heats up and dies so that I can get a TFT one. Stupid cost-cutting :mad:

baseless idea why will ppl come to the anti showoff thread which is basically everyday thing for them, ppl view the showoff thread to see things which they will never or rarely buy not bcz if they can afford it or not but smetimes a person having a surplus money wont spend upon sme i7 wher he can invest it smewher better so for that indian thinking, the showoff thread uska dil behla leta hain 90s thinking were roti>>kapda>>makaan> and 11's have become i7>>ssd>>gfx>>

@OP / boogeyman, are you really located in Los Angeles? Working or studying? I graduated from USC (2000) out in south central LA :D

mhafizji said:
baseless idea why will ppl come to the anti showoff thread which is basically everyday thing for them, ppl view the showoff thread to see things which they will never or rarely buy not bcz if they can afford it or not but smetimes a person having a surplus money wont spend upon sme i7 wher he can invest it smewher better so for that indian thinking, the showoff thread uska dil behla leta hain 90s thinking were roti>>kapda>>makaan> and 11's have become i7>>ssd>>gfx>>
Yesss... That "Indian thinking". That's exactly what should be "shown-off" here. You don't need to think of this thread as a display of poverty, but rather, a display a creativity. This is a tongue-in-cheek type of thread which aims to remember the simple roti-kapda-makaan time ki technology which is still being used today.

vishalrao said:
@OP / boogeyman, are you really located in Los Angeles? Working or studying? I graduated from USC (2000) out in south central LA :D
Ummm... Nope. Whatever gave you that idea? Did you have any anti-show-off-ers on campus back then? :p

Don't take it so seriously.

mhafizji said:

News Paper Art work:
Who cares News paper after a first read .Well Me and my friend Mr.Tilak have decided to reuse Newpapers to create a new Art forms.

Now This is what you call creativity with chindi stuff involved.

This might be a next generation art as we are running sort of metal resources.
Photo Frame made using newspaper and some color.
Art6_upload.jpg

Pen Stand made using newspaper and some color and Pens made using newspaper and pen refill .
Art3_upload.jpg

ROBOT made using newspaper and white color.
Art2_upload.jpg

Some abstract art made using news paper and color.
Art1_upload.jpg

Art3_upload.jpg

More of these can be found here.
http://www.techenclave.com/graphics-and-eyecandy/show-off-artwork-design-151186-5.html

boogeyman said:
Thanks Guys.

And for today's entry, the amazing display screen I have at work. 15 inches of sheer brilliance. I wonder if it does Full HD :p

b050216b937c7dcf9383afa1c2b70a00.jpg

I'm stuck with it. I've set it to full resolution (1280x1080 :p ) in the hopes that it heats up and dies so that I can get a TFT one. Stupid cost-cutting :mad:
Looking at this picture on the same monitor makes it even worse :p. Any ideas to put it out of its misery? (subtly though, don't wanna end up paying for it :frusty: )

Back