*** The Anti-Showoff Thread ***

boogeyman said:
Thanks Guys.

And for today's entry, the amazing display screen I have at work. 15 inches of sheer brilliance. I wonder if it does Full HD :p

b050216b937c7dcf9383afa1c2b70a00.jpg

I'm stuck with it. I've set it to full resolution (1280x1080 :p ) in the hopes that it heats up and dies so that I can get a TFT one. Stupid cost-cutting :mad:
You really prefer 1366x768 to 1280x800? (you will only get about 2.5% more pixels)

Also, is it really 1280x800? (isnt that a widescreen format)

mehrotra.akash said:
Oh.. missed that

Dont really know much about CRT's, but if you set it to 1280*1080, does it really display that high a resolution?

That is the maximum that the cheap-ass, on-board, corporate display adapter supports. The reason why I kept it at maximum is coz I have 1920x1080 at home and I'm really used to the amount of "stuff" which I can accommodate on the screen. Another reason as I said earlier is so that it dies quicker :p

boogeyman said:
Thanks Guys.

And for today's entry, the amazing display screen I have at work. 15 inches of sheer brilliance. I wonder if it does Full HD :p

b050216b937c7dcf9383afa1c2b70a00.jpg

I'm stuck with it. I've set it to full resolution (1280x1080 :p ) in the hopes that it heats up and dies so that I can get a TFT one. Stupid cost-cutting :mad:
Nice thread dude....
Do you work in Bangalore?

ysrathore said:
Nice thread dude....

Do you work in Bangalore?
Nope... Mumbai

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ggt said:
Wait till tomorrow. Now On mobile. Will post the picture.

here you go my usage for only the first 12 days of the month :D

2lviqaf.jpg
Niice :D.

I'm compelled to post this: (see the Total Downloaded part ;) )

8b7cc61b7eab80cdf11995c64fcead02.jpg

This thread is amazing. Until around 2006 I had a brilliant PC which I used primarily for gaming. It was a Celeron 266 MHz system running Windows 98SE and Linux with XFCE :D . I used it to play Half-Life, Grim Fandango, AoE, UT, Midtown Madness, Jedi Knight, FIFA and who knows how many other awesome games. Some of its highlights were:

1. Processor overclocked within an inch of its life to allow playable frame rates on these games
2. CDRW drive with a faulty tray which was preciously treasured as it allowed installation from CHIP/digit demo desks
3. 128MB SDRAM salvaged from a broken office system
4. No USB support, so I bought a cheap PCI USB adapter to use my shiny new 128MB pen drive (A gift)
5. An Intel i740 graphics card, my first upgrade after months of research from CHIP magazines
6. 20GB hard disk split between 2 OS's
7. A super tweaked linux desktop environment to allow for some usability

It saddens me that this machine is in some box somewhere I don't recall, and I can't bring it out to show off. Now, I have a job, a computer that can run Crysis and a large Steam library that I never use. I would give anything to have those days back.

ujjwal said:
It saddens me that this machine is in some box somewhere I don't recall, and I can't bring it out to show off. Now, I have a job, a computer that can run Crysis and a large Steam library that I never use. I would give anything to have those days back.

Seriously miss those old days...

I am talkin older than u but those were really awesome the games at that time was also good
Anyone remember Prince, Chip, DOOM, WOLF3D, etc...

wish i had saved all those things rather than just letting them go otherwise they would have made an awesoem anitshow off...

boogeyman said:
Nope... Mumbai

Niice :D.

I'm compelled to post this: (see the Total Downloaded part ;) )

8b7cc61b7eab80cdf11995c64fcead02.jpg

good stats but u seem to be missing one point
i am using it @ "chindi" cost.
and download rate of 1GB/hour :eek:hyeah:

I pay Rs. 396 to airtel for a 512 kbps connection (NO FUP) in gurgaon where airtel is more expensive than delhi and will do so forever.

ujjwal said:
This thread is amazing. Until around 2006 I had a brilliant PC which I used primarily for gaming. It was a Celeron 266 MHz system running Windows 98SE and Linux with XFCE :D . I used it to play Half-Life, Grim Fandango, AoE, UT, Midtown Madness, Jedi Knight, FIFA and who knows how many other awesome games. Some of its highlights were:

1. Processor overclocked within an inch of its life to allow playable frame rates on these games
2. CDRW drive with a faulty tray which was preciously treasured as it allowed installation from CHIP/digit demo desks
3. 128MB SDRAM salvaged from a broken office system
4. No USB support, so I bought a cheap PCI USB adapter to use my shiny new 128MB pen drive (A gift)
5. An Intel i740 graphics card, my first upgrade after months of research from CHIP magazines
6. 20GB hard disk split between 2 OS's
7. A super tweaked linux desktop environment to allow for some usability

Great nostalgic post. I myself had a Celeron 533 MHz as my first processor running Win 98 SE (later upgraded to ME, the worst windows ever). Everyone I knew had 64 MB RAM but I bought 128 :cool:. It gave me bragging rights for a good month or so :D. I might still have the 20GB Seagate HDD which came with it somewhere, but its dead now. I used to keep it stocked full of Games, MP3's and software installers copied from friends' Chip and Digit CDs.

ggt said:
good stats but u seem to be missing one point
i am using it @ "chindi" cost.
and download rate of 1GB/hour :eek:hyeah:
Nah I got your point. I just got jealous and had to post something :blushing:

lida said:
Seriously miss those old days...

I am talkin older than u but those were really awesome the games at that time was also good

Anyone remember Prince, Chip, DOOM, WOLF3D, etc...

wish i had saved all those things rather than just letting them go otherwise they would have made an awesoem anitshow off...
Yea, they were amazing games. The computer dealer installed them on my PC.

Does anyone remember the game where you had this spaceship which used to keep moving forward and you had to keep it on a platform and jump (by clicking the mouse or pressing spacebar) whenever there was a gap in the platform?

Back