*** The Anti-Showoff Thread ***

boogeyman

Adept
Are you sick of drooling over the latest and greatest in technology that your money CANT buy? Are you tired of the "Ameer-Baap-Ki-Bigdi-Hui-Aulaads" ruining your day whenever you browse TE and their Show-Off threads pop-up? Do you wonder what all this core-i7 with custom cooler "performance" is good for when the computer runs fine on a Sempron?

Well then you've come to the right place my friend.

Presenting, (Drumroll, please)

*** The Anti-Showoff Thread ***

This is the thread for all you cheapskates and kanjooses out there. You know who you are! :p. This thread is specially for you. Extracting the last bit of life from your 10-year old Windows 98 SE running Celeron (with MMX ;) ), Scratched old CD-RW's which you (still) use to transfer data, Your collection of newspapers which you promptly deposit at the raddiwalla to make a cool 100 bucks every month, Got some SST (Sasta-Sundar-Tikau) "Chaina-ka-Maal" tech lying around the house which you aren't too proud of and hide, whenever someone comes over? Scored a cheap deal on an online shopping website, that too, using someone else's discount open found on the forums? and so on... They all belong here in this neat little corner of TE. Do not be ashamed of the dark side, embrace it. We're Indian, there's a miser in all of us. We are like that only, Saar :D.

Think of this thread as "A show-off for things that shouldn't be shown off". As usual, just one rule to follow while posting in this thread:

Code:
[CENTER]Pics or it did not happen.

[/CENTER]
Keep posting and hopefully we shall have a sticky like the other Show-Off thread :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Here's some from me:

The Kingston 8GB card from letsbuy from someone else's discount coupon :D

c8fa731ab87e52bf9a554076ed998b58.jpg

Cheapest of the cheap headphones :D

00d3dcd7cae1c11b51aa718f905ef833.jpg

Moderator warning: Please refrain from using racial slur on the forums. A warning has been issued.

The first pic should not be here. Its a class 4 8gb card, a pretty decent and useful piece of tech if you ask me. But, I do like the second pic. I remember getting such cheapo headphones on kingfisher flights and yes I bring them home everytime to never use them again along with the imli sweets on offer on flights. :ashamed: What can I say, I am Cheap. :)

panther said:
Disgusting thread, if people cannot afford to buy a product, don't abuse them by calling such terms "chindi chor" "maki chus" etc. if a person cannot afford it is okay, it not the end of the world.
Dude, have a sense of humor. I am sure the intention of the TS was not to offend anyone. If it was, he has offended himself the most in the process. This is just a fun thread to show-off your not so l33t stuff. :)

@Boogeyman : You may want to edit your post a bit because a lot of people who lack sense of humor might take an offense to certain parts of your post. :)

@panther I guess this thread has nothing to hurt with ones feelings or offend anyone whether he can afford to buy HIFI Gadgets,its a good fun thread,i guess some words in the thread should be edited...

Will post in some old lag stuff of mines soon.lol

Instead of this thread I think moderator should try to create high,Medium & low level showoff thread for pheripherals,gadgets and parts level ....
so i think that means alot
:happy:

i think this thread is right just the way it is...

anyone who reads this,plz have a li'l sense of humour...take it wid a pinch of salt....

sadly i am also a makkhi-choos....:p

i have a lot of things to show off!!

will do that as soon as i find some time...

Haha. Great idea. Only it needs acceptance, and this thread will rock. My loot - part of plan to get the free eBay T Shirt :D

8vqYK.jpg

If I do end up getting the T-Shirt, that would be at literally ZERO expense :D

Well I'm also in the anti-showoff camp.

It's not that I can't afford costly gadgets, I can and I'm a gadget freak. But I don't like show-off. There is no show-off thread till date by me in my 6 year of life as TE member (actually I am a member even from earlier date when the name was not TE it was something else)

I think the everyday show off thread serves the purpose quite well. I don't see any reason to create another thread for same purpose.

Post your mundane "everyday" show-off tid-bits like games, pen drives, controllers etc. which don't essentially warrant a whole new thread

I had no idea "bania" is a race, seriously. I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone which I had no intention of doing.

@panther and @Roxtin,
I would like to personally apologize to you to have offended you and really I had no idea. I have edited the post.

@panther,
Its not a bad thing at all just look at what I've posted. Please don't take this in the wrong way.

@Bluffmaster,
The reason I posted the card is because I got it reeaally cheap which does to conform to "anti-showing-off"

@dOm1naTOr
Yes, definitely. You got the stuff, cheaply didn't you ;). I would be posting pics of the stuff which I've collected too.

@agantuk,
Spot on. That's a great example of anti-showing-off

@6pack,
This isn't for normal everyday stuff which you buy. Its "A show-off for things that shouldn't be shown off" Like for eg. the memory card I got, If I had gotten it for the full price, I would be posting it in the normal showoff thread. HOWEVER, since I got it really cheap, and that too using someone else's discount coupon from the forum, it deserves a place in this thread.

@Bluffmaster, @destiny, @demonic & @archat68
You guys are absolutely correct in the interpretation of this thread

@GuruGulabKhatri, @Rockfella and @nanoneo

Rockfella said:
Good thread after a long time in TE :p following.....
this thread will definitely be to your linking , isnt it vivek ,remember you were once an avid show-off(er) with your overclocks and your prized crucial ballistic rams , now he has got nothing to show off , not even his hair :rofl:

SunnyBoi said:
Hmmm so can i post some bribes I got? :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Bribes as in? To do some favours? You'll have to mention the favours too :p

The 20-odd year old Onida TV which you mentioned in another thread would be a great candidate for this thread. In fact that post was the inspiration for this thread :D

Standing ovation to you.

boogeyman said:
I had no idea "bania" is a race, seriously. I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone which I had no intention of doing.

@panther and @Roxtin,

I would like to personally apologize to you to have offended you and really I had no idea. I have edited the post.

@panther,

Its not a bad thing at all just look at what I've posted. Please don't take this in the wrong way.

@Bluffmaster,

The reason I posted the card is because I got it reeaally cheap which does to conform to "anti-showing-off"

@dOm1naTOr

Yes, definitely. You got the stuff, cheaply didn't you ;). I would be posting pics of the stuff which I've collected too.

@agantuk,

Spot on. That's a great example of anti-showing-off

@6pack,

This isn't for normal everyday stuff which you buy. Its "A show-off for things that shouldn't be shown off" Like for eg. the memory card I got, If I had gotten it for the full price, I would be posting it in the normal showoff thread. HOWEVER, since I got it really cheap, and that too using someone else's discount coupon from the forum, it deserves a place in this thread.

@Bluffmaster, @destiny, @demonic & @archat68

You guys are absolutely correct in the interpretation of this thread

@GuruGulabKhatri, @Rockfella and @nanoneo

Back