The book I am reading currently

Planning to start A song of Ice and Fire.
My first fantasy novel ever.
Any tips before I start?
Don't stop till you reach the end. Can be a little hard to pick up in the start, but if you treat every chapter as an episode of its own, it can be easy.

Hop on to the GoT thread if you have any doubts. Just mention the chapter till where you've read, we'd try our best to clear your doubts.

Just finished Inferno. This book is one hell of ride through Dante's Commedia, of course, coupled with a broad horizon of symbolism and puzzles dexterously sketched by Brown. Though, somehow I feel, it's not on the same level as Da Vinci Code, but still a good read. I enjoyed it and hope you'll too.

Have picked up "And the mountains echoed" now :)

I am reading a strange love story series "Twilight"............
I know many of you guys have watched its movie parts , i also watched these but the entertainment to read this story is not in watch movie.

The books shouldn't be compared with the movies in this case.

Finished Sachin Tendulkar's biography by Vaibhav Purandare - Whew! Took me several days to finish. An excellent read for those who are not much into cricket but would like to learn more about it.

Had also finished Dongri to Dubai - Six Decades of the Mumbai Mafia. Another OKish book.

Looking forward to Ashok Banker's 'Blood Red Sari' and Janaki Krishnan's 'Breaking Barriers'.

Read above on the Burst with the Kindle app.

Finished Sachin Tendulkar's biography by Vaibhav Purandare - Whew! Took me several days to finish. An excellent read for those who are not much into cricket but would like to learn more about it.

Had also finished Dongri to Dubai - Six Decades of the Mumbai Mafia. Another OKish book.

Looking forward to Ashok Banker's 'Blood Red Sari' and Janaki Krishnan's 'Breaking Barriers'.

Sailing on the same boat .. all free downloads from Amazon Kindle ;)
But prefer to read on cloud

Good going!
I am trying something similar with my GNex and find the AMOLED to be quite helpful to the eyes at night/in dark!

So you bought all these books you've mentioned on the Kindle Store?

Sailing on the same boat .. all free downloads from Amazon Kindle ;)
But prefer to read on cloud

Prefer a handheld device.

Good going!
I am trying something similar with my GNex and find the AMOLED to be quite helpful to the eyes at night/in dark!

So you bought all these books you've mentioned on the Kindle Store?

Yup - They have a free book each day, going on since a week and till 26th June. For more details - visit www.amazon.in and the free ebook link on the right hand side of the page.

I use the screen filter app to reduce brightness further.

Reading Killing Fields by Lee Child. The first of the Jack Reacher series. Usually don't like books that are narrated in the first person but this is pretty good!!!

Started with Slayer of Kamsa - Ashok Banker. Wish Amazon would continue to offer a free book per day :p

I wont buy from Amazon because I buy physical books and I am restricted to the Kindle for eInk devices - cant use the Nook.

Reading Lee Child - The Wanted Man.

Liked Lee Chile - The Affair (my first of the Jack Reacher series). made me buy another one.[DOUBLEPOST=1372011872][/DOUBLEPOST]
Reading Killing Fields by Lee Child. The first of the Jack Reacher series. Usually don't like books that are narrated in the first person but this is pretty good!!!
yes reading my 2nd book of the series and its awesome.

Finished John Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy and Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy. Both turned out to be fairly entertaining fantasy novels though nothing special like the ASOIAF series.

Started with Slayer of Kamsa - Ashok Banker. Wish Amazon would continue to offer a free book per day :p

I wont buy from Amazon because I buy physical books and I am restricted to the Kindle for eInk devices - cant use the Nook.

Is there an option to make the Kindle app use the full screen real estate of the phone?
I am not able to get it to cover the full screen as a good centimeter or thereabouts space is left between the display's edge and the eBook's text.

Reading pdf's using ezpdf allows usage of full screen space!

Is there an option to make the Kindle app use the full screen real estate of the phone?
I am not able to get it to cover the full screen as a good centimeter or thereabouts space is left between the display's edge and the eBook's text.

Reading pdf's using ezpdf allows usage of full screen space!

Yup, select the aA option in top and then change layout.[DOUBLEPOST=1372230834][/DOUBLEPOST]Reading about NaMo. So far seems good.

Back