The book I am reading currently

Yup, select the aA option in top and then change layout.[DOUBLEPOST=1372230834][/DOUBLEPOST]Reading about NaMo. So far seems good.
That still doesn't cover the entire real estate of the screen :(!

Btw, me too picked up that book. The first look into a man whose background has almost been a mystery of sorts!

For all those who are thinking to start "The Inferno - Dan Brown" should definitely start it, I've started it and on 1/5 portion...

For all those who are thinking to start "The Inferno - Dan Brown" should definitely start it, I've started it and on 1/5 portion...
I am about to. Already bought it 2 weeks ago.
But currently I am reading "Shantaram" and that huge book is taking a lotsa time to finish. (well, I am a slow reader. :()

Finished John Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy and Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy. Both turned out to be fairly entertaining fantasy novels though nothing special like the ASOIAF series.

Really? I found the last book of Mistborn pathetic, while the 2nd was average. The first one was pretty good though. Sanderson's writing is too...plain. Allomancy was a unique concept but the story and writing was poor.

I'm going to start Abercrombie after I finish the Kingkiller Chronicles - have you read the latter?

I agree. After the first few times the 'allomancy' fights got boring and I started skipping most of it and yes the first book was by far the best.
The First Law too
is similar in that way having lot of detailed description of fights which end up dragging the story and also is something of a letdown when it comes to the ending. It is still the better series of the two though.
Also, I just started with the Kingkiller Chronicles.

What do you think of it? I'm almost through with the first book, and it feels more like a young adult fiction to me rather than a full fledged fantasy novel, and I'm not really a fan of YA books. Not sure if I'll end up ordering the 2nd one - but then again, I don't like leaving any series unfinished.

Reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown at the momentt. Quite an interesting read, never read something like this
The best of Robert Langdon series for me.

Finished reading Andy McDermott's hunt for Atlantis recently. Didn't like it very much. James Rollins is much better in writing archeological thrillers IMHO.

What do you think of it? I'm almost through with the first book, and it feels more like a young adult fiction to me rather than a full fledged fantasy novel, and I'm not really a fan of YA books. Not sure if I'll end up ordering the 2nd one - but then again, I don't like leaving any series unfinished.

Only got to the 4th chapter of Name of the Wind so can't make much of a judgement. Maybe I'll just skip it and check out the Black Company series.

The best of Robert Langdon series for me.

Finished reading Andy McDermott's hunt for Atlantis recently. Didn't like it very much. James Rollins is much better in writing archeological thrillers IMHO.
Odd. The Da Vinci Code has been more popular than any other in the series

IMO All of the initial Dan Brown books were good. Each was new and had a different twist. Inferno was a bit boring, and the other book was a drag too - felt he is just using the same plot with some mirch masala thrown in.

Shantaram is huge but a good book. Someone mentioned the Millenium triology - Another great read

Finished "And The Mountains Echoed"...little bit disappointed by Khaled Hosseini. Compared to his previous two books, this one is not up to the mark.

Now picking up "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.

I have already bought Millennium Trilogy and Shantaram :). Indeed Shantaram is huge.

I have heard good things about "Hunger Games" trilogy too. Will pick it up once I finished the above two.

Finished "And The Mountains Echoed"...little bit disappointed by Khaled Hosseini. Compared to his previous two books, this one is not up to the mark.

I have heard good things about "Hunger Games" trilogy too. Will pick it up once I finished the above two.

"And The Mountains Echoed" is next in my queue. I had high hopes for this - after Thousands Splendid Suns, which was a 10/10 for me.

I had read Hunger Games Book 1 - well, I did not liked it. I haven't watched the movie, but watched a lot similar movies - Battle Royal (japanese) being the closest one (Condemned, Death Race others). And I am not a fan of that kinda story.

I would rather pick 'Millenium triology' once my current purchased books are complete.

Now picking up "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.

I have already bought Millennium Trilogy and Shantaram :). Indeed Shantaram is huge.

+1 to Hunger Games, it's good, I feel the film have not justified the books even 1%, film is utter waste, Do not watch it before reading the trilogy. Already read all the Dan Brown books. Lost symbol is good.

+1 to Hunger Games, it's good, I feel the film have not justified the books even 1%, film is utter waste, Do not watch it before reading the trilogy. Already read all the Dan Brown books. Lost symbol is good.

The david fincher film was good..swedish trilogy is pretty good. Obv movie have its own limitation when it comes to adapting books.

Done with inferno...loved it. The plot was so good n 3rd act was terrific.

Starting spin trilogy by robert charles wilson.

Back