The book I am reading currently

^^^I have not read these 3 books. they are on my wishlist. currently reading some books on political history of modern india. once I finish them will get to these, will take a few more months. I have heard good things about R.C.Majumdar and J.P.Mittal and got many recommendations to read these books that is why I have also recommended them.

less said is better about communist distortians (can't call them historians :p ) like Romila Thapar, R.Guha etc. I don't want to start an argument here :p

_

@DigitalDude

No issues, i actually appreciate your input vis a vis distortians.
I was recommended the Romila thapar books by my history teacher when i asked her a few months back.. but didnt just jumped to it. Nice to hear another take on their stance.

Mention your political history of modern India books as well pls.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]I was recommended the Romila thapar books by my history teacher when i asked her a few months back.. but didnt just jumped to it. Nice to hear another take on their stance.[...]
most of the academicians are fans of these JNU authors who have big influence in NCERT and CBSE. hopefully one day we'll break free of the Nehru legacy. (check this out if you are intrigued)

[...]Mention your political history of modern India books as well pls.
(not exactly pol history but i'm curious)
currently reading:
Durbar: Flipkart.com
India's Biggest Cover Up: Flipkart.com

next in pipeline:
The Tangy Taste Of Indian Politics And Beyond: Flipkart.com
Indian Controversies - Essays on Religion in Politics 01 Edition: Flipkart.com

_

Completed recently:-

Till The Last Breath
A medical thriller..
After completing the House MD want to read medical thriller so give it a shot and it was fantastic:hail: in one stage it gonna make cry.. nice characters portrait and story-line
Next onLine:-
The bankster by Ravi Subramanian

"I too had a love story.." By Ravinder Singh

Anyone tried any eBook readers? How are they compared to books in the long run? I am looking to buy Kindle Paperwhite, but not sure whether it would be a great investment as I read only a few books and am pretty much broke these days.

Anyone tried any eBook readers? How are they compared to books in the long run? I am looking to buy Kindle Paperwhite, but not sure whether it would be a great investment as I read only a few books and am pretty much broke these days.

well, I have been using Kindle since the last three years and for me it is a very good investment. But for a very casual reader, I dont think a PaperWhite will be a good value for money as the price will be mostly in the 9k region and you wont be utilizing it that much as its mainly good for reading books and nothing else.

Better, install the Kindle app on your mobile phone/tablet (assuming you are on andriod/similar) and read the book on it.If that does not work, and you want eink, better check out Nook Simple Touch which will cost you around 5k or the basic Kindle model.

E

any cheaper deal on Dan Brown's Inferno?
(all I could find Rs 488 at HS18)

Till the paperback is out, I guess this is the best price you will get. For the hardcover, the price is good enough.

OT: Epub version from google play seems to be at Rs 1680 :p have they gone crazy.
https://play.google.com/store/books...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImJvb2steXJSZGJyeUljdmNDIl0.

Amazon thankfully seems to be offering it at Rs. 450 for the kindle version
http://www.amazon.com/Inferno-Rober...tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1368528962&sr=8-1

i have used kindle keyboard for a few years before shifting to nook color last year. Wasnt satisfied with the kindle keyboard as it had limited format support but nook color is just fantastic and dev support is fabulous. It can read all the formats except .mobi and all formats fits in the screen properly...it also reads .cbz format(graphic novels) .
and yes it will be useful in a long run..initially u might find it a little problematic reading but will get used to it.only problem is that you will miss the smell of a new book! :p

Have finished these a while back:
Shiva Trilogy series(all three) - Amish
The Krishna Key - Ashwin Sanghi

Any suggestions in similar genre...historical/mythical fiction?

Have finished these a while back:
Shiva Trilogy series(all three) - Amish
The Krishna Key - Ashwin Sanghi

Any suggestions in similar genre...historical/mythical fiction?
^^ Game of thrones.
Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Just finished "A storm of swords", enjoyed it thoroughly even though the damn internet spoiled the 3 main plot twists.

A week's break and then on to the next book.

I hated shiva book 3. Very boring.
I've been reading comics for the last few months. A 5" phone is great for comics. I've read iron man volume 3, new avengers volume 1 and 2, Thor vol 2 and 3, planet hulk, world war hulk, dc new 52... and a bunch of other stuff. After a while it all blends together and seems like a soap opera. Same characters, same villains..... Yawnnnnn....

Back