The book I am reading currently

Have finished these a while back:
Shiva Trilogy series(all three) - Amish
The Krishna Key - Ashwin Sanghi

Any suggestions in similar genre...historical/mythical fiction?

You can try the books from Ashok Banker.

I hated shiva book 3. Very boring.
I've been reading comics for the last few months. A 5" phone is great for comics. I've read iron man volume 3, new avengers volume 1 and 2, Thor vol 2 and 3, planet hulk, world war hulk, dc new 52... and a bunch of other stuff. After a while it all blends together and seems like a soap opera. Same characters, same villains..... Yawnnnnn....

Do you read manga?

^^
Those Shiva Books are the dumbest things ever written.
I liked the philosophy/theory... to see things from a different perspective...

I hated shiva book 3. Very boring.
I've been reading comics for the last few months.
I too didn't like the 3rd one...
As far as comics are concerned, I read them only for their artistic aspect...
So I have Shiva:The Legends of the Immortal (both books) & Ravanayan (all 6)

Is it 6 or 7 in the Ramayana?

If you have finished them go for his Mahabaratha series. He is currently writing them. Think 3 books are out already.

Reading the last book, I felt the same for the Shiva trilogy.
It was just too much hype and I guess some 'headache-generator' movie based on the trilogy would come very soon.

I kinda liked the 1st book. The way author portrayed the characters - he deserve some credit for that. But it got lost storywise from the 2nd book itself. Still I thought since he was taking his time for the 3rd, that might bring back my faith - but the climax blew everything away. :(

Just finished "The Kite Runner". I must say Khalid Hosseini is really talented. The way he has portrayed the characters and narrated the story, leaves you spell-bounded. Now starting "A Thousand Splendid Suns". Next in list is "And The Mountains Echoed" :)

reading the girl who played with fire right now and plan to finish the Millennium trilogy soon... any suggestions for the next book which I can pickup?

I like series kind of books and am already done with the game of thrones series... the ones published till now

Sent from my GT-N7000 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app

Have picked up a couple of books to read after a very long hiatus.

Steve Job's Bio
The Crusades by Thomas Asbridge (highly recommended) if you like history.

Got Kobo and Audible on iPad and picked up a few there as well -

My First Guitar (Julia Crowe) - a collection of some of the pioneers of guitar and their first guitars. Elvis, Les Paul, Jimmy Page, Leo Fender, Carlos Santana, Joe Satriani etc many more. Very good read.

This is the One - Alex Ferguson: the uncut story of a football genius (Daniel Taylor)

Read a very short story by Shayna Krishnasamy: Deed of the Monkeys

It's free not worth buying though.

Quite a few comics too if anybody can suggest how to source them at cheaper rates please do PM me.

Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer. Finished 3/4 of the book.

Some comments:

The book is supposed to be about 'fierce sibling rivalry' between the two characters. But in my opinion it's just two separate stories, and have connected very weakly so far.

It'll connect in the end. Jeffrey archer books are generally slow paced. Do read prodigal daughter and shall we tell the president after this book.

I liked the philosophy/theory... to see things from a different perspective...
Honestly, I could not find any philosophy in there, nor were there any theological connections. It is as if he wrote Shakespeare's books using language / lingo based off SMS/www world. It sounds plain jaded and moronic. Seriously.

I disagree because of Chetan Bhagat's books.:p
He writes better for sure, then the Shiva writer.
It'll connect in the end. Jeffrey archer books are generally slow paced. Do read prodigal daughter and shall we tell the president after this book.
Jeffrey Archer is good racy fiction. Not a Penny More/Less is nice too.

Honestly, I could not find any philosophy in there, nor were there any theological connections. It is as if he wrote Shakespeare's books using language / lingo based off SMS/www world. It sounds plain jaded and moronic. Seriously.
I agree the language was SMS/www based...
I don't read many books, so don't have much knowledge about it...
It is my personal opinion that there was something new (for me) in it...

Reading Japanese fairy tales atm. Finished the girl on the boat and a handbook of descriptive and practical astronomy some days back.

reading the girl who played with fire right now and plan to finish the Millennium trilogy soon... any suggestions for the next book which I can pickup?

I like series kind of books and am already done with the game of thrones series... the ones published till now

Sent from my GT-N7000 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app

The Millennium Trilogy is an awesome series. It is the only series I have read that gets better and better with the next book in the series.

@raksrules

You should get physical copies, or a Kindle. :) There are too many things you can do on an iPad and you end up getting distracted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back