The book I am reading currently

do you guys ordering physical copies of books or reading on kindle or some app ?
Kindle is much suitable to reading larger volumes of books. Otherwise storage is an issue. I buy physical copies only as gifts.

Just finished 'Project Hail Mary'. For me it's one of the greatest book of I have listened to.

Story is fast and very gripping. It's a rare scientific novel literature which doesn't assume the reader is a stupid (looking at you interstellar movie). I have followed astrophysics all my life and this book made me feel home. Despite it includes interstellar travel, meeting up with an alien and many crazy sounding things, the author hasn't excused the reality and current science.

Pure nerdfest.
Loved it. Unfortunately read it after 'the peacemaker's code' which had same narrative background ( that memory loss related sci if ).

Would highly recommend peacemakers code for reading after any book on negotiation skills. The skills are brilliantly put into the fiction and you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Kindle is much suitable to reading larger volumes of books. Otherwise storage is an issue. I buy physical copies only as gifts.

Loved it. Unfortunately read it after 'the peacemaker's code' which had same narrative background ( that memory loss related sci if ).

Would highly recommend peacemakers code for reading after any book on negotiation skills. The skills are brilliantly put into the fiction and you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Deepak Malhotra himself wrote a book on negotiation, you may have a look: Negotiation Genius by Deepak Malhotra, Max Bazerman

Reading -

The Great Arc by John Keay
रेत समाधि by Geetanjali Shree
The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben

Just finished:
Manga - Demon Slayer (Good one time read for Shonen Manga lovers)
Novel - The Powder Mage Trilogy by Brian McClellan (Good one time read for action/military fantasy lovers)

Deepak Malhotra himself wrote a book on negotiation, you may have a look: Negotiation Genius by Deepak Malhotra, Max Bazerman
i stumbled upon the novel while browsing for authors on the topic. On the topic my recommendation would be 'Never split the difference', Its brilliant.

Completed 'before and laughter by Jimmy Carr'. It's 50% autobiography and 50% self help book. Book isn't that funny like his standups. It's on serious tone.

Books, its a long time since I read something...apart from forum threads lol.

The last good book I read was this and it was good.

61mkiQ5dFlL.jpg

I just finished "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir. It is on audible and the narration by Ray Porter is brilliant!
Please recommend some great sci fi english audiobooks (need not be audible based)

Reading I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson, about a third of the way through rn. Wonderfully written, if a little tiring to read at times. Young adult fiction set in present day US

I just finished "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir. It is on audible and the narration by Ray Porter is brilliant!
Please recommend some great sci fi english audiobooks (need not be audible based)
If you liked alien movies then you'll love 'Alien: Out of the Shadows'. It's an audible dramatisation. 4/5. This book fits very nicely in between Alien and Aliens movies. I love audible dramatisations. If you haven't seen any of alien or prometheus movies then it'll be hard to follow.

There are 2 more books in that series. I'll rate them 3/5. After going through them I realized all alien/prometheus movies, books etc usually have the same plot.

If you have not seen alien movies and haven't listened to audible books then I'd suggest you first watch Ridley Scott's 'Alien' movie then listen to 'Alien: Out of the Shadows' & 'Alien: River of Pain'. Then you can finally watch James Cameron's 'Aliens' movie. Those are in sequence.

Alien books are free to listen on audible.

After Hail Mary, I listened to the martian. It's good but doesn't feel it's on same level of the hail mary. 4/5. They are now making a movie based on the Hail Mary and Ryan Gosling is playing the lead.

Just completed 'Ender's Game'. Audible dramatisation is again very good. 4/5. But it's not a great upgrade over the movie. The movie is one of my fav. I have watched it several times. The book/audible feels a but anti climactic. If you haven't seen the movie then it's harder to follow the audible dramatisation. But if you have seen the movie then there's not much different with the audible. The book focuses more on psychological state of the protagonist whereas movie has good sci-fi action too.

If anyone doesn't know what is audible dramatisation, it's like a movie but there's no video. Meaning the book is played by several voice actors. And there's a lot of sound effects. It's usually free with audible subscription. You shouldn't miss them.

If you liked alien movies then you'll love 'Alien: Out of the Shadows'. It's an audible dramatisation. 4/5. This book fits very nicely in between Alien and Aliens movies. I love audible dramatisations. If you haven't seen any of alien or prometheus movies then it'll be hard to follow.

There are 2 more books in that series. I'll rate them 3/5. After going through them I realized all alien/prometheus movies, books etc usually have the same plot.

If you have not seen alien movies and haven't listened to audible books then I'd suggest you first watch Ridley Scott's 'Alien' movie then listen to 'Alien: Out of the Shadows' & 'Alien: River of Pain'. Then you can finally watch James Cameron's 'Aliens' movie. Those are in sequence.

Alien books are free to listen on audible.

After Hail Mary, I listened to the martian. It's good but doesn't feel it's on same level of the hail mary. 4/5. They are now making a movie based on the Hail Mary and Ryan Gosling is playing the lead.

Just completed 'Ender's Game'. Audible dramatisation is again very good. 4/5. But it's not a great upgrade over the movie. The movie is one of my fav. I have watched it several times. The book/audible feels a but anti climactic. If you haven't seen the movie then it's harder to follow the audible dramatisation. But if you have seen the movie then there's not much different with the audible. The book focuses more on psychological state of the protagonist whereas movie has good sci-fi action too.

If anyone doesn't know what is audible dramatisation, it's like a movie but there's no video. Meaning the book is played by several voice actors. And there's a lot of sound effects. It's usually free with audible subscription. You shouldn't miss them.
I had listened to the Ender's game audio book much before the movie and in fact found the movie to be more disappointing.

Done with
Both are 5 ⭐ for me. Nice characters and scenes, story is also awesome. Presentation or flow of the book is gripping.
Among very few books where I felt sad when it's coming to an end, wishing if it would get few more pages.

I listened to both in Audible, while commuting to office. The Audible account I got from GPay coupon and will last 3 months, and comes with 3 books.
I also got Shadow and Bone of the same author and currently listening to it.
Once 3 months are over I will deactivate the account and if anyone interested, may be I can share the account.
I guess those 3 books will be available even after account deactivation.

Once 3 months are over I will deactivate the account and if anyone interested, may be I can share the account.
I guess those 3 books will be available even after account deactivation.
Don't share your whole Amazon account. This 3 months offer is available to everyone from a long time.

If you don't like any book, you can always replace them for another within a year. I replace a third of my books.

@mathrisk try the Mistborn Trilogy. If you liked Shadow and Bone, you, might also like this one. I just got done with two, and I am about 100 pages away from Finishing the last one. Enjoyed them.

Don't share your whole Amazon account. This 3 months offer is available to everyone from a long time.

If you don't like any book, you can always replace them for another within a year. I replace a third of my books.

Not my 'Prime' account. But I am creating new account everytime I get some coupon. :p
So sharable I think.

@mathrisk try the Mistborn Trilogy. If you liked Shadow and Bone, you, might also like this one. I just got done with two, and I am about 100 pages away from Finishing the last one. Enjoyed them.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will check.

Currently reading "The Luck Factor" by the psychologist Richard Wiseman. Based on a decade long scientific study of what "luck" is and how you can improve it for yourself.

Back