The dangers of joining the iphone party

^^ Monger,

Well, I think I could answer for SC here -

"Been there, done that" :tongue:

Go search around for threads he has started about symbian apps. Also skim thru his linux home server thread. :p

Tracer, this is the aim of this thread, To let people know that the iphone " is both terribly flawed and terribly gifted"
The flaws have been listed out so that some unsuspecting guys doesnt get caught in the middle of nowhere..:rofl:
There is no further aim..The path that the thread is treading, is due to the carefully laid down flaim baits:p:lol:

@zops:-im talking abt the recent ones..Also, I've read and recommended his server thread to people on adn off TE..I suspect you missed the whole point of the post:( Never meant to undermine Superczar..

Party Monger said:
Tracer, this is the aim of this thread, To let people know that the iphone " is both terribly flawed and terribly gifted"
The flaws have been listed out so that some unsuspecting guys doesnt get caught in the middle of nowhere..:rofl:
There is no further aim..The path that the thread is treading, is due to the carefully laid down flaim baits:p:lol:

@zops:-im talking abt the recent ones..Also, I've read and recommended his server thread to people on adn off TE..I suspect you missed the whole point of the post:( Never meant to undermine Superczar..

Hehehe.....the aim of the thread and the point of the post, ehh?

BTW, do you really think the N96 will be worth its 25-30K price tag? :tongue:

zhopudey said:
:no:
Nah..But n85 will be worthy of its price tag..:eek:hyeah:
New AM OLED screen..
and all the usual bells and whistles as with other high end nokia phones..

someone ought to change that drooly smiley... (see above)

It somehow suggests a blood sucking vampire salivating at the sight of a bootylicious buffalo

edit: The exampe above is gone...here is a sample : :drool2:

superczar said:
someone ought to change that drooly smiley... (see above)
It somehow suggests a blood sucking vampire salivating at the sight of a bootylicious buffalo
Sorry i forgot, Thats how apple fans drool looking at the iphone..I've seen the expression...No wonder the explanation/suggestion comes from you..:p
Changing it..

Still the I Phone is big and clumsy. It appeals to girlie fanbuios, they like it when the pics rotate on its own hahahaha:rofl:

superczar said:
So true

You spend like 100 precious hrs of your life searching and trying out apps when you buy the phone , but once you are through with the honeymoon period with your phone, you realize all these apps are so ridiculously designed/slow that you never ever use them again

Agree...though one thing I won't blame the iPhone abt is that the apps you install on it are more than often apps that you will regularly use

What's an ebook reader? :huh:

thexfactor said:
Yeah right ... so you are better off spending more than 15k on some stoopid ebook reader ? :p

Totally agree, all the apps are really useful and well designed plus they dont hog memory like winmo and sybian do imo

Well whatever an ebook reader is i am sure now it works on my E51, this makes me happy hehehe.... :clap:

zhopudey said:
I did sell it off :p Now I read most of my books on my E51 :eek:hyeah:

The aim of the thread is to tease Apple/pineapple fanbuoys :bleh:

zhopudey said:

Never, a phone is never worth more than 15k imo but someone who wants to get a girl and looks like a pig must buy an Iphone. For a pig who never got a girl /love in his life Iphone is worthy! Even 50k is wise investment, afterall we are young once and hormones dont last after age 34 40 much :rofl:

Make it 15k bro ;)

Party Monger said:
^Lets make it any phone more than 20k is a waste..

Nokia E series is damn good investment, rock solid, loads of really useful features, i am still discovering new stuff on my E51 everyday :p. E series "feel" high quality. A fren has E61 or 62, nice phones.

zhopudey said:
Hehehe :p I was serious about 25K.

The e71 at around 20K is excellent VFM :hap2:

Well well....now i can imagine the fanatism of pineapple Iphone :S

Lord Nemesis said:
That can even measure your car performance with the in-built accelerometer, but cannot copy paste text. Now that is irony :p

[rant]

Every phone has got its positives and negatives, but I don't know why people associate so much hype around this particular phone. Sure it has some great features, but there are also many base level deficiencies. How is it different from a premium Nokia, SE or Samsung phone. People talk as if its in a completely different league of its own. Its definitely not when its far from perfect.

When you are buying an iPhone, understand what the phone can do and cannot do, and then if it meets your requirements, buy it. Just don't go about buying it because everyone else is buying one and if you buy one, don't just keep on denying/defying/ignoring its shortcomings before others, because some one else may be buying one based on your inputs and he may indeed need a feature that's missing in the iPhone. Just leave the hype or fanboyism out of the equation.

People who buy the iPhone, either simply want to deny/defy/ignore the deficiencies like lack of proper copy-paste (in a PDA phone that costs 31k ?) and don't like anyone else pointing them out, but rather talk about the great many apps it can run. They ignore the basic problems saying they can be fixed anytime with a software update. So why haven't they been fixed till now. Its fine to have all those great apps, but fix those damned flaws too.

Many market the phone to others some even going to the extent of calling people stupid if they do not buy an iPhone when they have 31k in their hands. Its Ok to be enthusiastic about a phone that meets your requirements, but calling it the best phone in the market (especially when its not so perfect) and bashing anyone who thinks otherwise is simply over doing it. Many of my colleagues at office have an iPhone and there are many who call it the best phone ever. The surprising thing is that many of those people have not got past using it just for making phone calls.

Even now Apple sells a lot of iPhones more because of hype. The number of people who actually utilize the functions of this Phone would be very less compared to the total number of people who bought the phone just because some one else is getting one. They cannot sell a the iPhone at such ridiculous prices if people were not so blinded by hype and ready to rush out to buy one at what ever cost. That kind of attitude is a blatant cue to the manufacturer that he can get away with a far from perfect product or high prices. There is no incentive left to improve the product. Maybe this is why all those missing features or flaws were not fixed till now.

Some people labeled me as an Apple hater in one of the other threads. I make my money because my company sells a lot of copies of our software to Apple users and in fact have very close ties with Apple back from the 80's. I have been working on Apple platforms for for the last 4 years and I have a fair amount of exposure to their products (though mostly desktops/workstations/operating systems) to know how their business works.

I have nothing against Apple and rather I am an Apple and Microsoft admirer (for their unique business tactics and marketing). But from a consumer perspective, I do not adore a product because its from a company I like. I see their products for what they are with out the Apple logo or the associated hype just like any other product and I would definitely criticize and point out flaws if I find them.

[/rant]

Some apple eating fan/cooler boi shud really do this, who knows prices might be slashed to something more reasanable for this big phone with rotating pics. 10k - 13k :mad:

Supra said:
^^ Still phunboi's wont care :rofl:

Btw Vodafone was spamming my inbox daily with 5 sms abt different iphone offers. They are down to 10% discount on Rs 29xxx for cash payment (corporate offer) and 0% EMI offer :rofl:

Called and told them...I have 10 of them for 200$ each and can use it with Vodafone n/w :rofl:....now no more calls/sms. Seems they ae having a tuf time to find any takers for the 2nd batch which landed few days back :p

Btw we can raise a consumer court complaint abt pricing at non-subsidized price but still locking it to single operator :p...the ifone bashers can at least do that :rofl:

Back