The Dark Knight Rises

Is Bane a good villian? Don't know much about comic book universes. I've only every seen him in the batman AA game and in that he's just a big hulking monster. Please tell he he's actually going to be a smart scary villian, a la the joker.

Bane broke Batman's back (yes that's right) in the comic series. You can guess how powerful he is. He also is very smart, scarily cruel and gruesome villian crushing skulls, ripping arms of his enemies in comic series.

I watched TDK all alone in a Standalone theater and since then I have lost counts on how many times I have watched this Masterpiece by Christopher Nolan.
I feel Nolan is the best director-writer in the current lot of Filmmakers. Each of his films and their respective subjects are Unique. be it Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight or Inception.
I have very high hopes from The Dark Knight Rises and am also eagerly waiting for the Superman Film that Nolan is going to direct :)

Crossx said:
Bane broke Batman's back (yes that's right) in the comic series. You can guess how powerful he is. He also is very smart, scarily cruel and gruesome villian crushing skulls, ripping arms of his enemies in comic series.

And no one can portray his role better than Tom Hardy! That is another reason I am eagerly waiting for TDKR.

Warrior was fcuking AWESOME and so was Bronson! Please watch the two movies - a sincere recommendation from my end.

batbane.jpg

Absolutely not convinced by the trailer. For starters, cant even hear what Bane keeps blabbering about. Secondly, IMO Nolan should've brought who can add guile to their character for Selina Kyle/Catwoman, someone like Michelle Pfeiffer from the old series. Anne Hathway is known for her do-goody roles. Lets see how it turns out.

Though a big Thumbs UP for Tom HArdy. That guy is amazing in roles and can bring out the menace in his character. Watch Bronson and Warrior.

I liked the trailer, but I am not too convinced about the bat-plane and the collapsing football field - they seem a bit too outlandish compared to BB and TDK

soggy316 said:
I liked the trailer, but I am not too convinced about the bat-plane and the collapsing football field - they seem a bit too outlandish compared to BB and TDK

As much outlandish as microwave emitter which can evaporate water from distance without harming any humans (human body contains what?....80% water, right?) & mobile phones acting as SONAR devices (how much computing power and bandwidth is required to do so is anybody's guess).

^I meant outlandish in terms of the tone of the series, collapsing a football field (except when done by mole-men :p) seems to be a cartoon villan-ish thing to do, (I could be proved wrong) and a bat-plane is not really a visceral vehicle - its a "Sniper" kind of vehicle whereas I feel batman has always been hands-on (even in a tank-ish thing)

Batplane is not plane per say.

NolanFans like me reckon it's more like hovercraft, it can fly but not too high.

As for football stadium, we'll see. Nolan has yet to disappoint me in terms of antagonists.

Actually, TDK has set the bar so high that it would be almost impossible for a sequel to meet our expectations. Joker has always been the only villain who mattered in the Batman universe and his absence would surely not go unnoticed. Tom Hardy is a fine actor but it would be a great challenge even for him to fill the shoes of the great Heath Ledger,not only because ledger has received a cult status but also because the character of Bane is overall much weaker in substance compared to the Joker.

That is not to say that TDK Rises wouldn't be a great movie. Nolan is an exceptional director who brings out the best in his actors. I remember, before TDK was released, everyone including me were very much spectacle about Ledger as joker and his makeup in the film. But we all know how that turned out. Here's hoping that the series ends on a high note.

^I don't know about you but that Behenji is looking smokin' hot in that cat suit. Better than Holmes and maggie anyway. :p

Did you not look at her ass?

Back