The Darkness II - Discussion Thread

Re: The Darkness 2 - Discussion Thread

Now this is NEWS!

Playable for up to four friends, Vendettas gives the player a choice of four characters, each with their own unique Darkness weapon. Designed as a “team-focused, mission based experience,†Vendettas will explore the role each character plays in Jackie Estacado’s mission to defeat the Brotherhood.

[youtube]xv1vaffdZSM[/youtube]

2K announces narrative four-player co-op for The Darkness II | VG247

Calling dibs on one of the 4 players! I know Allwyn is in as well. :p

I'm definitely in. I'm co-op'ing my way through a lot of games right now and have to tell you, it's much more fun than SP. :D

Co-op is turning out to be the new trend these days. All thanks to games like Borderlands and Left 4 Dead, campaign co-op has propelled to a good extent. Need more gameplay footage for this game though to see how well co-op is implemented. :)

dinjo said:
^ Speaking of co-op did u played rayman origins?
Unfortunately, not. :(

I'm already toggling between Scott Pilgrim V/S The World (with my brother), Saints Row: The Third (with quan_chi) and will soon being Lord of the Rings: War in the North with 2 other buddies over the weekend. :p

The Darkness II demo descends next week

A demo for The Darkness II will see staggered release between January 17 and January 24 inclusive. Hit the break to see when your platform or territory wins the jackpot.

As outlined on the game’s website, global Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be the first to get their sticks paws on the taster, on January 17.

On January 24, the demo will grace the rest of the Xbox Live massive, Steam users worldwide, and the US PlayStation Network.

European and Asia Pacific PSN members will have to wait an extra day, getting the demo on January 25.

While no mention is made of it, it’s quite likely Australians will have to bide their time until the local PSN update on January 26.

The Darkness II arrives on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on February 7 in the US, and February 10 in Europe. It’s the product of cult-favourite developer Digital Extremes, after Starbreeze moved on to other projects, and is based on a popular Top Cow property. You play a gangster and get demon tentacley things.

Source: http://www.vg247.com...ends-next-week/

Worth Giving the 1st one a try? will have to borrow it from a friend.

P.S.- Ethan,Call me a Noob but i honestly did not knew why you named you username as ethan_hunt
<
...meh now i know...Just watched MI:1,2,3 Back to back yesterday..
<

The game is Cel-Shaded, so the visual difference won't be huge. I feel they should have stuck to their previous engine and enhance it, rather than providing the current look.

Watched the Now Playing Episode gameplay looks very good, along with guns.Visuals are also very good looking.

What!!!! I was thinking it would be available next month , awesome hoping the demo is long enough.

So much for being a secret agent.
<

Any-hoo one last OT and I'm out. Let's attempt Dark Souls, What's say? Put Skyrim on hold for sometime.

Since its based on comic, I think cel shaded looks suites it more.

Plus you played war in the north ! Grrrrr
<
<
<

The game is Cel-Shaded, so the visual difference won't be huge. I feel they should have stuck to their previous engine and enhance it, rather than providing the current look.

Yeah, I read that later on. If the demo shows up by tonight, then I'll let you know how it turns out. Me & Sam just briefly played War in the North.

Back