The Darkness II - Discussion Thread

Any-hoo one last OT and I'm out. Let's attempt Dark Souls, What's say? Put Skyrim on hold for sometime.

Right away? Give me time until this weekend. I am done with most of the side quests dude. Will continue the main mission and I am pretty sure I'll complete it before the weekend.

Need to get hold of a DL DVD for you know what.
<

The very thought of Dark Souls gives makes me shudder!
<

Right away? Give me time until this weekend. I am done with most of the side quests dude. Will continue the main mission and I am pretty sure I'll complete it before the weekend.

Need to get hold of a DL DVD for you know what.
<

The very thought of Dark Souls gives makes me shudder!
<

Of course, not right away. I'll guide you through the disc back up process. I think Dinjo was bashing away in it as well. I say this time, we grow some cajones and actually make a serious attempt to complete it. You have at least ventured deeper into RPG's then I have, so you'll have a greater advantage. Let me know ASAP.

Of course, not right away. I'll guide you through the disc back up process. I think Dinjo was bashing away in it as well. I say this time, we grow some cajones and actually make a serious attempt to complete it. You have at least ventured deeper into RPG's then I have, so you'll have a greater advantage. Let me know ASAP.

Actually Mithun did send me a guide to backup the discs. Need to refer to it. But anyways that's secondary.

When do you plan to attempt Skyrim? Before Mass Effect 3? Cos if you are doing it after whatever you are about to complete now, I was thinking on taking up Halo 3, ODST, Reach and completing them in a shot. Shouldn't take much I guess. Either way I don't have a problem.

Dark Souls could easily take us a month or even more. I've no clue what is in store.

I just have Mass Effect 2 DLCs remaining to be completed. Besides that, there are just some minor games from last year, which can wait. About Skyrim, I'm not sure when I'll be starting with it. But it's not before ME3, that's for sure. Also, I couldn't secure a March leave, as my that whole slot is booked by other team mates.
<

So I have applied for a weeks leave in the first week of Feb. If that pulls through, then we'll have plenty of time on our hands to experiment with this game. This would probably be an acid test for us, in terms of difficulty. So let's do it.

Oh, one more favour. Could you please move our above posts into the Dark Souls thread and re-name the Dark Souls thread?
<

Hexus said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Minimum: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• OS: Windows XP/Vista/7 [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Processor: Intel Core 2 @ 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Memory: 1.5GB RAM [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Hard disk space: 10GB [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Video card: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 8600 / ATI Radeon HD 2600[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recommended: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• OS: Windows XP/Vista/7 [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Processor: 2.4 GHz quad-core processor [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Memory: 2GB RAM [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Hard disk space: 10GB [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Video card: 512+MB Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Sound: DirectX compatible[/font]

Source

The demo was OMFG awesome and it's not just me, but whoever has played the demo, is chanting with me in unison. The visuals are absolutely amazing and like Tarey mentioned earlier, it was to replicate the comic-book feel, which it does very well. The gore has soared (hell that rhymed
<
). You'll have sadistic decapitation and body parts flying all over the place. It's like a no-holds barred gore fest. The demo was exactly the same as the Gamespot preview demo, I had posted earlier. It goes through the restaurant, then on the streets and finally ending in the subway tunnel. The upgrade system is totally kick-ass, with so many nasty stuff to choose from. Weapons handling is done well. But the highlight reel is (obviously) The Darkness. Once you activate it, just like the first game, unleashes those sinister tentacles. What's changed? You can now use environment objects to your advantage, like pick up a iron rod and impale the enemy or use it for defense, like grab a vehicle door and use is as cover. It's more visceral and dynamic. Also making a come-back are those pesky little darklings. For those not familiar with the first game, these little gremlin-like demons, who provide additional help for us, more like back-up.

I'm definitely looking forward to the full game, which IMO, will be one dark journey.
<

My demo is getting prepped will go home and check it so far iam hearing really good things about the demo seems like a solid port on the PC

Back