The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, check out the game, The Act.
Excellent and innovative screenplay game. But I also hate it because, total gameplay is around 15-20 minutes.

How much can i expect for a locked iphone 4 ?

cousin updated it to bb 4.12.01 :mad:

I suggest you to get a factory unlock for your iPhone 4 through ebay.com or something. I have seen people asking 60$ or so to get the phone FU. I am not sure about their legitimacy but you can per-emptively ask on forums like modmyi or macrumor.com
I am not an AT&T customer and i know that AT&T is not unlocking iPhones anymore if i am not a customer. Else i would have helped you with this to get a REAL unlock from AT&T itself. Hence this ebay route.

I suggest you to get a factory unlock for your iPhone 4 through ebay.com or something. I have seen people asking 60$ or so to get the phone FU. I am not sure about their legitimacy but you can per-emptively ask on forums like modmyi or macrumor.com
I am not an AT&T customer and i know that AT&T is not unlocking iPhones anymore if i am not a customer. Else i would have helped you with this to get a REAL unlock from AT&T itself. Hence this ebay route.

The problem is it is locked to 3, UK . And unlocks for it are rare . couldn't find more than 1 or two .

it might get a unlock when ios6 comes , but would have to wait a month for that . I don't have time for that . I seriously need another phone .

even willing to sell it for 16k or lower .

Had never seen this before...got this message when i was using the iPhone 4 (with tom tom GPS ON) in my car and charging through the car charger. But yes the car was an oven even with AC on. It is seriously too hot here.

The slide to make emergency call starts flashing in different languages.

eXC2w.png

Guys, need help from fellow iOS users.
My sis recently dropped her iPhone in the water.... Took it out in 10 seconds or so...
The phone was on at that moment.
I have kept the iphone in a rice box for 2 days now ...
Any other tricks to revive the iphone ??

Just out of curiosity, how much does an iPhone 4 replacement battery cost and how reliable are those which we get from anywhere else except apple (or their distributors). Anyone done battery change on their iPhone 4 ?

raksrules Since your are in US why don't try talking to ifixit folks. They are one of the best in the business.
@dharmilstar Apple care is 1+1 year. Apple doesn't not entertain apple care purchases off ebay and NO it is not valid on Indian phones.

When you apply the Apple care at times it doesn't get applied then u will have to mail apple with proof of purchase and if its ebay proof they will say NO to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Metalspree

I am just asking because just in case i need to do it in future in India then what are the options and what cost i am expecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, need help from fellow iOS users.
My sis recently dropped her iPhone in the water.... Took it out in 10 seconds or so...
The phone was on at that moment.
I have kept the iphone in a rice box for 2 days now ...
Any other tricks to revive the iphone ??

Don't try turning it on at any cost . Even if little trace of moisture or water is left inside and incase it shorts any connection , it might turn out to be a costly affair . On the other hand if the phone is opened and the battery disconnected for cleaning/ checking you might get the phone fixed for a low cost .

Look for a well known/ trust-able Mobile repair centre which repairs iPhone or contact , iService , got my phone fixed from them recently and their service was very good with reasonable prices.

Don't try turning it on at any cost . Even if little trace of moisture or water is left inside and incase it shorts any connection , it might turn out to be a costly affair . On the other hand if the phone is opened and the battery disconnected for cleaning/ checking you might get the phone fixed for a low cost .

Look for a well known/ trust-able Mobile repair centre which repairs iPhone or contact , iService , got my phone fixed from them recently and their service was very good with reasonable prices.

The phone is not been opened.
Which 1 is a better option ?
1) Take it to the mobile repair shop and get the phone opened and all dried up
OR
2) Keep it in the rice for 1 week, try switching it ON, if it does not switch ON, take it to the mobile repair shop.

I prefer 2, as my sis has already tried switching it ON a few times, once it was drenched in the water ..
So the damage would have been done in any case at that time.

I would go with getting it opened at the earliest before any part starts rusting :p Or else you could open it yourself and dry out the insides . All it takes is a screw driver to slide out the back panel and open it up .

The phone is not been opened.
Which 1 is a better option ?
1) Take it to the mobile repair shop and get the phone opened and all dried up
OR
2) Keep it in the rice for 1 week, try switching it ON, if it does not switch ON, take it to the mobile repair shop.

I prefer 2, as my sis has already tried switching it ON a few times, once it was drenched in the water ..
So the damage would have been done in any case at that time.

mate i am just a crazy freak of using i phone..
Apple device, including iPhones, iPod Touch devices, iPads, MacBooks, and even TVs, video projectors and e-Ink displays i love them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back