The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys need help
I bought iPHONE 4s locked to UK 3 network
does Unlock available for this version(Locked to UK3)? If yes How much does it cost to unlock?Is there any way unlocking by our own?

Anyone here uses Siri on iPhone 4 ? I know it is not there officially but some sort of jailbreak tweak did enable getting Siri on iPhone 4 right ? Spire or something. I am not sure but if someone is using the same please let me know how to get it working.
Want to give it a try.

Anyone here uses Siri on iPhone 4 ? I know it is not there officially but some sort of jailbreak tweak did enable getting Siri on iPhone 4 right ? Spire or something. I am not sure but if someone is using the same please let me know how to get it working.
Want to give it a try.

Spire is nothing but the software of Siri extracted from the iOS. Installing the tweak installs the base binaries of Siri.
But to run, the Siri needs to be validate the 4s key token and run thru the apple servers.
So, you need either a key copy of iPhone 4S or run thru the proxy server for Siri on iPhone 4.

Spire is nothing but the software of Siri extracted from the iOS. Installing the tweak installs the base binaries of Siri.
But to run, the Siri needs to be validate the 4s key token and run thru the apple servers.
So, you need either a key copy of iPhone 4S or run thru the proxy server for Siri on iPhone 4.

Yes but is there a way to actually do it myself ? Some tutorial or something that can enable me to make it work?

There is a way if you don't have an iPhone 4S, however you would be compromising your phone data.

And there are many tutorials available online about setting up a proxy sever for siri

Yes but is there a way to actually do it myself ? Some tutorial or something that can enable me to make it work?
do you want tuts for installing the tweak?
or
installing proxy server?
or
copying 4S key?
whats do you want?

iPHONE 4S Locked to UK vodafone..
Now trying to connect to iTUnes Capture.JPG
Getting the above error
is there any way i can copy songs to my loked iPhone 4S

iPHONE 4S Locked to UK vodafone..
Now trying to connect to iTUnes View attachment 14283
Getting the above error
is there any way i can copy songs to my loked iPhone 4S

You may try using ifunbox. I am not fully sure if it will work.
On a side note why don't you try getting your phone unlocked ? You can try searching eBay.com for various sellers who sell imei unlock. But most listings will be for AT&T so you will have to ask the seller if they can do UK Vodafone unlock too.

Out of the below, which is the best offline GPS app for India ?

Sygic with map my India
iGo Primo India
Navigon India

I have not used Sygic much but have used iGo extensively on my android phone for USA.

Does anyone here use any generic HDMI adapter for mirroring their IPhone display to large screen tv ? If yes then what you use and how much is it compatible ?
I need to know whether the generic ones can be used on iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 2 and iPod touch 4h gen ?
I got this one link but it does not have mention of 4S, so am confused.

http://www.amazon.com/Generation-Adapter-Charger-Cable-2-Piece/dp/B004GTCA2C?tag=vglnkc5891-20

Another thing I found on eBay is..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-in-1-HDMI-Dock-Adapter-AV-USB-Cable-SD-Card-Reader-For-Apple-iPad-2-2G-3-AC45-/170890765369?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item27c9e22439#ht_7877wt_922

Does this really work as advertised ?

Does anyone here use any generic HDMI adapter for mirroring their IPhone display to large screen tv ? If yes then what you use and how much is it compatible ?
I need to know whether the generic ones can be used on iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 2 and iPod touch 4h gen ?
I got this one link but it does not have mention of 4S, so am confused.

Amazon.com: iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch (4th Generation) to HDMI Adapter and 6 feet USB Data Sync & Charger Cable 2-Piece Kit: Computers & Accessories

Another thing I found on eBay is..

5-in-1 HDMI Dock Adapter AV USB Cable SD Card Reader For Apple iPad 2 2G 3 AC45 | eBay

Does this really work as advertised ?

I have a Apple Composite av Cable that i use for my iPhone 3GS it says on the box it works with 4S also. 3rd party cables dont work i bought a dock to hdmi "female" and it did not give a constant connection.

Original Apple Composite AV Cable for iPhone & iPod (MC748ZM/A) | eBay

I have a Apple Composite av Cable that i use for my iPhone 3GS it says on the box it works with 4S also. 3rd party cables dont work i bought a dock to hdmi "female" and it did not give a constant connection.

Original Apple Composite AV Cable for iPhone & iPod (MC748ZM/A) | eBay

From what i know, 3rd part cables wont work most of the time as it is. This is because apple like you to buy their expensive cables. So if you have a jailbroken iPhone then one has to install Resupported 4 or something to make those cables work.

@raksrules what u said is not true. There are authorised 3 party cables which work and there are non authorised 3 party cables which might die in less than an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
raksrules what u said is not true. There are authorised 3 party cables which work and there are non authorised 3 party cables which might die in less than an hour.

Yes not authorized basically means 3rd party cables (cheaper) which out of the box are not expected to work as apple one as i believe there is some chip or something in apple cables which ensure that it works fine with the iOS device else the device throws unsupported accessory (or something similar) error.
But from what i have read, if one does have a 3rd party cable which gives error on the iDevice, then using the Resupported cydia tweak can make it work.
How reliable they are is altogether another thing and as cheap chinese stuff, they are "chal gaya toh chand tak nahi chalay to shaam tak" :p

Out of the below, which is the best offline GPS app for India ?

Sygic with map my India
iGo Primo India
Navigon India

I have not used Sygic much but have used iGo extensively on my android phone for USA.

Sygic is the best ATM and I am an active user.
I wish India had TomTom, brilliant navigation app that one. Used it in UK, fell in love with it.

I have a question regarding the syncing of iPhone to a new computer. I have this old computer with which my wife's iPhone is synced. Now i have this new laptop and i wish to use only this new computer to sync the iPhone. But i don't want to lose the music files that she has on the phone. I have already done the "Transfer purchases from iPhone" which i believe means that the apps are backed up in new computer as well. But i am mostly concerned about music and photos and don't want to lose them.
How to go about it. iTunes sync is something i have not really understood well.

When i selected iPhone from left side frame in iTunes -> Music Tab -> checked sync music

It gave me a message saying "all existing songs...on iphone will be replaced with ones in music library" which basically means it will delete the songs from iPhone and replace it with something which does not exist. How to go about this part ?
Because in future i will want to add new music to the phone from the new laptop. So first it is important for me to get this synced properly so songs in music library and iPhone are same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back