The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPhone 5?

11jaiy0.jpg

No it's not iPhone 5. It's white iPhone with exact same dimension. In other word it's current

I read on macrumor forums that after updating to iOS 6 people have lost the ability to turn on / off 3G, something which i know my iPhone 4 has (it is on iOS 5.0). Also by default iPhone 4S too does not have this facility to turn 3G on/off. Is this true about the 4S and if yes then is there a workaround ?

Can anyone with iPhone 4 and iOS 5.1.1 confirm whether the Enable 3G On/Off option is available in 5.1.1 iOS ?
My iPhone 4 is on 5.0 iOS and i wish to update it to 5.1.1 but am not sure whether it has the 3G On/Off toggle.

Thanks for the replies. Now i can update the iOS on the iPhone 4 this weekend and then will jailbreak it (untethered this time).

I had authorized my old office laptop with iTunes and my iPhone previously but now i do not have that laptop anymore. Today i connected my iPhone to my newer office laptop and after authorizing it said i have used 3 out of 5. Is there anyway i can de-authorize the old laptop (which i do not have with me) so i can free up one slot ?

Just updated my iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 and after the firmware install i see that i have 2.8GB of OTHER. It was some 1.9 GB before the update too. I want to know if there is any easier way to reclaim this lost space ?
Does a restore from backup work or a complete restore (factory reset) is only solution ?
If factory reset is only solution then how do i backup my SMS/ Contacts etc so that i get them back after the restore ?

Need urgent help here. I accidentally removed 'Rocky Raccoon Untethered JB' tweak from Cydia.Now after a reboot all my apps and Cydia are crash.Can someone help me with workaround without loosing my data? I'm on iPhone 4 5.1.1 Untethered with Absinthe.

Need urgent help here. I accidentally removed 'Rocky Raccoon Untethered JB' tweak from Cydia.Now after a reboot all my apps and Cydia are crash.Can someone help me with workaround without loosing my data? I'm on iPhone 4 5.1.1 Untethered with Absinthe.

Just take a backup of your phone in iTunes and restore using that backup and jailbreak again.

@raksrules-Is there anything apart from Restore that I can do?Will I be able to backup JB apps without Cydia? I've used Redsnow and tried JB'ing but that did not help.I am sure its the Rocky Raccoon tweak but I thought it was only meant for semi-tethered devices and removed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
raksrules-Is there anything apart from Restore that I can do?Will I be able to backup JB apps without Cydia? I've used Redsnow and tried JB'ing but that did not help.I am sure its the Rocky Raccoon tweak but I thought it was only meant for semi-tethered devices and removed it.

Can you try jailbreaking again with Absinte ?? I guess that might work but i do not guarantee anything as i have never run a Absinthe JB on a device which was already JBen.

Can you try jailbreaking again with Absinte ?? I guess that might work but i do not guarantee anything as i have never run a Absinthe JB on a device which was already JBen.
Actually,that was the first thing I did. It said that my device was already jailbroken.Never mind, I think I'll go ahead with the restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back