The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Well the Iphones are now completely out of stock in UK and US! From where did he manage to get it ?

u know if a new model is comin out.. i doubt it makes sense to buy an iphone right now.. i mean going by apple's history.. they almost always launch a new better product at the same price.. so y nt wait?

atleast for the us it makes sense waiting.. maybe in uk it might be the new model comes for 270 pounds (wit out the 100 pound discount currently available)

Pat said:
^^Well the Iphones are now completely out of stock in UK and US! From where did he manage to get it ?

He could not find anywhere in UK. Once he had gone from Belfast to Scotland(some place called Stanner or something like that...) by cruise. There were few iPhones available there in the O2 store and he got it from there. He didn't get another iPhone from that store since they told only one iPhone per person...

For all of you in Kolkata 1 of my friends just bought an Iphone 8GB version for 20k unlocked.

HI friends i wanna get ur suggestions about i phone
I am from india and i think there is no point buying it from here because it is very expensive and and not good in quality so plz recommend me a site from where i could buy them at cheap prices and in good quality

Just recieved an iphone from a relative its an year old and I really dont know how it was unlocked. It has firmware 1.0.2. So can anyone explain how should I go about updating it to 1.1.4.
Should I just do it via itunes.

Thanks in Advance.

Can someone confirm from alpha whats iphone price a guy said me 16k but its too tough for me too believe it.....

H2O said:
Just recieved an iphone from a relative its an year old and I really dont know how it was unlocked. It has firmware 1.0.2. So can anyone explain how should I go about updating it to 1.1.4.

Should I just do it via itunes.

Thanks in Advance.

If it's firmware 1.0.2 then you'll have to revirginise its baseband before you do a restore to 1.1.4 in iTunes. So here's what you do:

First download the latest 1.1.4 iPhone update. Here's the link.

Next, download ziphone 3.0 from ZiPhone's Blog go to the advanced section in the program and choose the 'erase BL3.9 baseband' option. This will basically erase the 1.0.2 baseband on your v3.9 bootloader phone.

After doing this open iTunes and connect the phone. In the iPhone section, press shift and hit the restore button if you're on a PC or option + restore if you're on a mac. iTunes will then ask you to locate the firmware you want to install on the phone. Browse to the 1.1.4 file you just downloaded and let iTunes do its thing. This process should take about 10 minutes max.

After the restoration has been done, the iPhone should be an unactivated, un-jailbroken, and locked 1.1.4 iPhone with BL3.9. Close iTunes now and don't bother if it pops up again later on. Open Ziphone 3.0 once again and select the 'Do It All' (i.e. Jailbreak + activate + unlock) option on the main page. As mentioned earlier, iTunes might pop up saying it detected a phone in recovery mode etc. but don't bother about it.

Ziphone will take approximately 5 minute to do the whole process. After it's done, insert your SIM card and enjoy!

^^ here you go

Attachments

• itunes.JPG
    itunes.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 98
need some help guys.. pronto..

I have the 1.1.4 OTB which I activated using PWNAGE (on MAC) and BootNeuter..

It's been about 2 months since i did that..

Now the problem is that I'm experiencing random signal drops on the phone, people often complain that my mobile is reported as not reachable, even when i'm very much within city limits with good signal strength.. there are times when missed calls are notified much later than the time they are actually missed..

I had a 1.1.2 OTB iphone earlier, which was also jailbroken but i never experienced such problems earlier.. also, i have used a nokia earlier and i didnt have such problems earlier..

should I factory restore the phone and try another unlock solution..?

has anyone come across people with similar problems elsewhere?

What should I do people :-/

yup... you might as well try that.. restore it to defaults and try some other unlocking solutions for MAC(iliberty+) .. if you have windows.. you can try using iliberty, Ziphone, ibrickr etc.

guptaji said:
need some help guys.. pronto..

I have the 1.1.4 OTB which I activated using PWNAGE (on MAC) and BootNeuter..

It's been about 2 months since i did that..

Now the problem is that I'm experiencing random signal drops on the phone, people often complain that my mobile is reported as not reachable, even when i'm very much within city limits with good signal strength.. there are times when missed calls are notified much later than the time they are actually missed..

I have a friend who has the identical issue. We tried everything together, such as downgrading all the way down to 1.1.1 (1.0.2 is simply not worth it for all the features you lose out on). Finally, after numerous downgrades, restores etc. something did the trick, temporarily though, and his phone was all right for 10-15 days. Last I heard from this friend, the problem's cropped up again, thankfully it's less acute as before. So he's living with the issue. So I'm pretty baffled as well..

whats the verdict on iphone upgrade 2.0 peoples?

I can see it in my iTunes firmware update :)

is it free for 1st generation iPhone users??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back