The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tinkering with my phone. Check out the springboard sporting the Buuf2 theme including keypad and caterpillar enhanced keypad. Caterpillar also gives you calendar and events preview on the unlock screen.

Can someone please copy, zip and upload /bin for me? TIA.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 144
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 116
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 130
Are you guys able to get more than one custom ringtones to your iphone. I am only able to get one only. If I select multiple ringtones for syncing, the first selected ringtone itself come multiple times. BTW, I am on 1.1.3.

My iPhone shows

Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G

EEPROM 208

BL Ver 3.9_M3S2

I had 1.1.3 earlier. Used iPlus 2 to upgrade to 1.1.4, after which my iPhone blew up. So I did a restore in DFU mode and again unlocked 1.1.4 using iPlus 2.

What BL ver do I actually have? I am totally confused. :D

ms_mahu said:
Are you guys able to get more than one custom ringtones to your iphone. I am only able to get one only. If I select multiple ringtones for syncing, the first selected ringtone itself come multiple times. BTW, I am on 1.1.3.

I am on 1.1.4 and I just drag n drop the ringtones to itunes (ringtones tab) and sync it... All ringtones gets uploaded and each of them is different...
m4w said:
I've been tinkering with my phone. Check out the springboard sporting the Buuf2 theme including keypad and caterpillar enhanced keypad. Caterpillar also gives you calendar and events preview on the unlock screen.

Can someone please copy, zip and upload /bin for me? TIA.

Awesome... looks cool... I'll try to install some themes too. BTW if anybody gives u the /bin folder, please share it here too... :eek:hyeah:
raul said:
If you used iPlus your bl is 3.9FB.

Raul how to locate the BL version? I read some forums and saw that it can be read using WinSCP. But my WinSCP is not working possibly because my Comp is on LAN internet and iPhone on WiFi... Any workaround?

you need to install hwinfo to get bootloader and lots of other info. Add http://www.trejan.com/irepo in your installer sources.

If you used iPlus/iLiberty for firmware 114 and haven't used Ziphone before, then you can be 100% sure your bootloader is 3.9FB. That's how the unlocks works.

raul said:
you need to install hwinfo to get bootloader and lots of other info. Add http://www.trejan.com/irepo in your installer sources.
If you used iPlus/iLiberty for firmware 114 and haven't used Ziphone before, then you can be 100% sure your bootloader is 3.9FB. That's how the unlocks works.

OK, that's cool... You said once that 3.9FB can be upgraded again to 4.6? So how can we upgrade it to 4.6 (without locking the phone again or losing all the data in it)

With the release of pwnage/bootneuter things are extremely flexible. With the new tools by the dev-team you can move between bootloader 3.9/4.6/3.9FB/4.6FB effortlessly. The big deal is thanks to pwnage you don't have to downgrade bootloader to use the latest basebands so you can now use bootloader 4.6 and yet unlock firmware 114 with baseband 4.04 which was not previously possible. So no more messing with bootloader downgrades.

All those who unlocked 114 with Ziphone and have been stuck at bootloader 3.9 till now can upgrade to bootloader 4.6 by software with pwnage/bootneuter. Three cheers to the dev team.

Those who used iPlus/iLiberty are on 3.9FB. Even without pwnage/bootneute we could upgrade to bootloader 4.6 with iLiberty but phone would e locked on baseband 4.04. Now with pwnage/bootneuter we can upgrade to bootloader 4.6 and run baseband 4.04 unlocked.

The best thing is all the hacking happens on the PC and not on the iPhone so its less risky now. Just modify the firmware on PC and use iTunes to restore your phone to full unlocked status. cool.

Oops, double post. Edited.

4dh1r - Every time you do a restore you lose all data. If you use pwnage now you will have to do a restore and lose all data but you will be on bootloader 4.6 and latest baseband 4.04. However some people have been able to use bootneuter from the iPhone and upgrade bootloader to 4.6 and unlock baseband 4.04 on the phone itself. This way all your apps, and data remains. But there is no real benefit of doing that at the moment, nothing wrong with 3.9fb. When you upgrade firmware or restore next you can always do it with pwnage as a whole process.

hey guys the little E sign in the top right of the screen indicates u have edge rite??? vodafone guys are sayin its not yet activated but im getting the E sign on the screen.......

I think the E symbol denotes your network has got EDGE facility, irespective of you enabled it on your handset or not.

raul said:
But there is no real benefit of doing that at the moment, nothing wrong with 3.9fb.

Thanks Raul... I'll keep 3.9FB for now...

crossfire said:
hey guys the little E sign in the top right of the screen indicates u have edge rite??? vodafone guys are sayin its not yet activated but im getting the E sign on the screen.......

ms_mahu said:
I think the E symbol denotes your network has got EDGE facility, irespective of you enabled it on your handset or not.

I haven't used EDGE, but WiFi is really amazing. I use it in my Office premises and I get loads of networks (all from different Offices in the area). Most of them require password, but some get connected. Downloading apps, themes, seeing youtube videos or just plain surfing on my iPhone now!!! :eek:hyeah:

However, the speed for youtube is pretty slow, so have to wait for 5 minutes to see a 1 minute video :mad:

ms_mahu said:
Try mxtube app to download youtube and watch it later.

Yep, I installed mxtube, but haven't tried it yet... I have installed and used:

• weDict (Dictionary with many plug-ins for thesaurus/translation tools)
  • Books (to read E-Books on iPhone)
  • SendSongs (send songs by email, Create Ringtones from mp3s in iPhone itself)
  • Camera Pro (Digital Zoom, set Image size, burst mode)
  • Showtime (Record videos. But only for 4 seconds:mad:)
  • Pocket Touch (increase volume for songs by swipe, change track by swipe/shake :eek:hyeah: )

raul said:
Oops, double post. Edited. 4dh1r - Every time you do a restore you lose all data.

You're not very clear over there. "Restore" as a process does wipe one's iPhone clean and restore it to factory settings. Do note though, restoring to the same unlocked software version will not re-lock the baseband. Meaning, if you have an unlocked 1.1.4 iPhone, then after the restore process, your iPhone will remain unlocked. Anyway, while doing a restore erases the phone, a simple iTunes sync backs up all contacts, iphone photos, notes, smses, and settings. Once you've done a restore, it's literally a piece of cake to put all the saved data back onto the iPhone. Of course, any media and applications you've put on the phone will have to be added all over again.

tracerbullet said:
Of course, any media and applications you've put on the phone will have to be added all over again.

Can we backup all the installed apps and themes etc. using WinSCP? All the apps must be somewhere in a folder na? :huh:
babhishek said:
how much is the price for an IPhone currently 16gb?

$499 + $43 (tax approx.) in US

u can use winscp.......for that..........back up the folders........but am not too sure........i have used it to copy apps folders from one phone to another and it works perfectly fine.........so think backing up the folders wouldnt be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back