The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I have 1.1.4 and i tried to copy m4r ringtone to iphone with Itunes 7.6 but i am able to copy only one ringtone after that if i copy 2-3 tunes, it will show 2-3 rigntones in iphone but with same name and one tune only.

After that i tried to copy with Idemocracy, i was able to copy 5 rintones but after that my phone hanged up.:( :(

Looks like i will have to restore firmware.. Any solution ?

Could some one please guide me thru the steps to jailbreak and unlock an OTB 1.1.3 iphone. The tutorials on the net are too confusing..:(

Rahulrulez said:
^^^ @ Bhargav ---
go to ZiPhone's Blog , download Ziphone latest version and Just free the phone ;), don't forget to remove check from Downgrade BaseBand.

So the newer versions of ZiPhone provide an option NOT to downgrade the bootloader? Could someone confirm this please?

Hi,
My friend is getting me an iPhone from US around April 1st week. He will place the order within this week. Can anyone tell what will be the possible version(like 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 etc)? And also it would be of great help to me, if someone suggests which thread to follow to unlock the version to work on Airtel SIM in India?

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers,
Awe :)

Hi,

My friend is getting me an iPhone from US around April 1st week. He will place the order within this week. Can anyone tell what will be the possible version(like 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 etc)? And also it would be of great help to me, if someone suggests which thread to follow to unlock the version to work on Airtel SIM in India?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Awe

It could be 1.1.4 as i think.. because, 1.1.4 are in shops now...

dont worry, each and every version can be unlocked now! just follow Zibri's blog!

You will probably get 113. The only 'informed' decision you have to make while unlocking is whether you want to downgrade bootloader or not. Since lots of people don't take the time to figure out these things they make decisions by default.

The scene is new iPhones come with bootloader 4.6, older ones had bootloader 3.9. Each new firmware iteration comes with its own baseband ie 113 with have baseband 4.03, 114 will have baseband 4.04.

The iPhone unlock situation now is when you use Ziphone you can only unlock new basebands ie 4.03, 4.04 IF YOU DOWNGRADE bootloader to 3.9. If you want to remain at bootloader 4.6 the only way to unlock your phone is to downgrade baseband to 4.02.

Many people are reluctant to downgrade bootloader to 3.9 from 4.6 because you cannot upgrade it back to 4.6 in software, while basebands can be upgraded in software. Ziphone can do all of these automatically provide you know which options to use.

The only advantage of the new basebands is google locate works, but there is a workaround to get this working with baseband 4.02 by using an app called locate me.

Now for your specific scenario this is what I suggest. If you get firmware 113, use ziphone 2.3 from the commandline like this 'ziphone -a -u - j'. This command will unlock your phone but retain bootloader at 4.6 and downgrade baseband to 4.02. Your phone will be unlocked, activated and jailbroken use with Airtel or any network.

I have a newbie question.I have a 8gb iphone(1.1.3 otb) updated to 1.1.4 thru itunes.I want to jailbreak it so tht I can install all the 3rd party applications.My question is after jailbreaking can i update my iphone with the software updates APPLE releases?Are there any precautions to take inorder to avoid my iphone to be bricked?What if APPLE releases any updates that bricks the iphone if it is jailbreaked?Are there any possibilities?and if something goes wrong with my iphone after jailbreak can i restore it to original firmware so that I can take my phone back to APPLE.

Please help me....

Hi,
@Rahulrulez: Thanks a lot for reading through my query and providing me guidance. I will surely need your help, once I get the phone in my hand.

@raul: That was super cool info like some pro. Well man, definitely help me out and save my day when I get phone in my hands. Thanks a lot.

Chow,
Awe :)

sweet stuff raul............reps to you. Can you write a tutorial to use Zibri's unlock for newbies using the command line ? ........That will be awesome.........Nevertheless good stuff.........keep it coming..........

The unlock is actually quite easy, safe and reversible. However if you read all the iPhone forums there are way too many complications, I suspect because people are not researching the issues, reading instructions or the readme and because there are plenty of people who have been unlocking phones since firmware 1.02 with other means and this mix of issues with older phones and the new phones with new unlock methods creates even more complications.

For those who get a brand new 113 firmware phone (to check dial *3001#12345#* in the emergency screen of the new phone and go to the firmware section to check the baseband info, if its show 4.03.. its firmware 113, if it shows 4.04.. its firmware 114.) all it takes is Ziphone 2.3, and the command ziphone -a -u -j (don't use the gui, use the commandline) and 2 and half minutes of your time. Provided this is a brand new untouched 113 phone it will work flawlessly 100% without issues.

If you have firmware 114, you will have to workaround slightly, this because if you use the default options in Ziphone 2.5 which is meant for firmware 114, your bootloader will be downgraded to 3.9 which many newbies are realizing after they have done this irreversible downgrade.

To use Ziphone to unlock firmware 114 without downgrading bootloader you have to use a workaround. First use Ziphone 2.5c (the latest) to jailbreak and activate(ziphone -a -j) and then Ziphone 2.3 to unlock(ziphone -u). Why this mix and Ziphone 2.3? Because Ziphone 2.3 will downgrade your baseband to 4.02, which Ziphone 2.5 doesn't do.

Now the real deal. There is a new solution called iPlus exclusively for firmware 114. The thing is Zibri, author of Ziphone, was part of the dev team (the group who are making the programs that make this unlock possible) and went his own way using their hacks and 'packaging' it for his program and cornering the donations. We don't want to get in the politics of this but iPlus is from someone who works closely with the dev team and donations go to the dev team.

iPlus's USP is that it enables a unlock of the latest basebands ie 4.04 without downgrading your bootloader to 3.9 which Ziphone does. What it does instead is downgrade your bootloader to 3.9FB. Pay attention here folks, notice that FB, that stands for fake blank and its a modified 3.9 bootloader that CAN BE UPGRADED TO 4.6. The default 3.9 bootloader cannot be upgraded to 4.6 at the moment. So iPlus is the best of both worlds you get the latest matching basebands and a bootloader that can be upgraded back to 4.6 making everyone happy. There is a new version 2 available and people are reporting success.

So for those with new phones with firmware 114 firmware its as simple as downloading iPlus and using it. For those with firmware 113 they can go the Ziphone way with version 2.3 or upgrade firmware to 114 through iTunes and go the iPlus way. Whatever you do don't downgrade your bootloader.

eziphone.blogspot.com - all versions of Ziphone

The Sweet Spot for iPhone's iPlus - iPlus home

[1.1.4] iPlus 2.0 - Unlock/Downgrade, jailbread, activate and more! - Hackint0sh - iPlus thread and links

iclarified.com - excellent tutorials for all firmwares

hackthatphone.com - same as above

hackint0sh.org - iPhone community with solutions to all problems

me too geting a 114 ifone n few days so will go with ur advice n use iplus...... the ziphone thing seems a bit complcated........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back