The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I replied. Ofcourse, it was not a solution to your immediate problem, but doing that will not only solve your problem but also make your iPhone 1000 times better than it is right now.

^^ It's there pretty much, look around carefully this time :p

hey..why doesn't anybody reply here.. i have already put like 2 concerns.. if this is forum for our queries..why doesn't anybody have even one reply..

Stop whining mate, it isn't anyone's job around here to answer your queries...ask nicely, and you will get answers, but not this way

I usually just mail a PDF to myself if I need to read it on the iPhone, but if you need offline access via locally stored files, here is what you can do:

iPhone Lover Blog Archive How to view local PDF, DOC, XLS, TXT and others with Safari in iPhone -

@varunkunnath :

+1 to the above method if you want to stick with version 1.xx

else if you are upgrading to version 2.2 then you could download files lite which is a free version of files app and use that to view any dox, xls or pdf file.

if you are ready to jailbreak then there's a plugin for safari in cydia which allows you to browse for and open files stored on the iphone

@smoky :

Click on the phone name in iTunes and then look under applications tab

You need to have your iPhone synced with iTunes. Then when you reflash any firmware, you need to restore from the backup (iTunes does that automatically when you connect a fresh iPhone to it). AFAIK, you cannot selectively restore only smses from your computer to iPhone. You could do vice-versa though (copying smses from iPhone to computer) using iPhone PC Suite.

My iphone screen has a purple/bluish tint when you look at it from an angle.is it common or is the screen faulty?? It doesn't bother me but if this happens only with my iphone i will get it replaced

smoky004 said:
My iphone screen has a purple/bluish tint when you look at it from an angle.is it common or is the screen faulty?? It doesn't bother me but if this happens only with my iphone i will get it replaced

Look from a different angle, you'll see more colors!!! :eek:hyeah:

I think all iPhones will have the tilt-color effect, it has to do something with the viewing angle & contrast of LCDs...

One trick u can try out... In a dark room, put the iPhone screen near a wall / white paper and tilt the phone in different directions. You will see a color show on the wall / paper. Ask all your friends who have an iPhone to bring them to ur house and u can have a Disco party with all the color effects :hap2:

I checked the warranty of my iphone online and this is what i get:-

"Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on 03 September 2009. "

Just bought it a couple of days ago so how come my warranty is only upto sept. 3?

smoky004 said:
I checked the warranty of my iphone online and this is what i get:-
"Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on 03 September 2009. "

Just bought it a couple of days ago so how come my warranty is only upto sept. 3?

You need to ask the people at the place from where you bought the iPhone to update the warranty information. Had to do so for my Macbook, so I guess its the same for iPhone.

I upgraded my 2G Iphone to 2.1 firmware using Pwnage tool but now my edge menu has disappeared....any idea on how to get it back

techmaster said:
I upgraded my 2G Iphone to 2.1 firmware using Pwnage tool but now my edge menu has disappeared....any idea on how to get it back
Yeah, that has happened to me too. But my Vodafone mobile connect plan works without a hitch so I'm not sweating it.

i too had the E ico disappear once in a while on 2.1

a restart would fix it

haaven't faced the issue since shifting to 2.2

^^ Well, I guess he meant "Edge Menu" and not Edge icon. That menu was available in 1.x firmwares but apple has disabled it in 2.x series! As mentioned by ashu_dps, "APN Editing" from cydia fixes it.

hmm, ya..My bad

Actually Apple hasn't disabled the Edge Menu

Just that Airtel and Vodafone are on their list of supported Service providers and the APN is already available so you do not need to manually enter it

Pop in a Cellone /Reliance/whatever SIM card and the menu will re-appear

Okay went to airtel yesterday and got their unlimited edge/gprs plan for Rs1.5 k for the entire year.downside you have to pay them Rs.180 every month for free incoming calls.

Playing ard. with apps for the past two days.Somebody tell me how to get the remote app to work.I disabled my firewall enabled sharing and did what apple suggested.Still can't get it to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back