The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tracerbullet said:
1.1.3 will definitely be announced at MacWorld 2008 which commences on January 14th. So hang in there everyone.

i'm waiting :drool2: :Comp3:

As of December 27, 2007 it is NOT YET POSSIBLE to unlock Out-of-box 1.1.2 iPhones from USA or Europe yet. We are waiting for Apple to release the next firmware update (possibly 1.1.3) to get a new hardware access key that will allow us to write the modified bootloader into the phone's memory.

The iPhone hackers are working hard on the new unlock and as far as I know they have already found the right places to modify in the bootloader to unlock the phone. Just as I said before: we are waiting for Apple to release a new firmware update before the unlock can be released to the broad public.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns&pli=1

^^Well,wouldnt that mean that if Apple is following the developments of hackers(which I think they do),they would *most probably* not release a new firmware ? Probably just a software update ?

^^Yep, Apple could very much do that. So basically, until Apple releases a new firmware upgrade (not just a software update) OTB 1.1.2 v4.6 bootloader phones cannot be unlocked. I guess the best method right now is stealth/turbo sim.

On an entirely different note, have any of you upgraded to the new 1.1.2 firmware? I followed this procedure of doing it, that is, install Octoprep on 1.1.1, then 'update' using iTunes to 1.1.2, jailbreak using the java files provided, and finally unlock with anySIM 1.2.Iu after putting the phone in airplane mode.

Everything's fine and dandy except I'm noticing a reduction in battery life, which is quite weird since battery life is supposed to have increased for everyone after the upgrade. I now get about 75% of my original battery life. On 1.1.1, my phone would run for two days without a charge and now it just about touches a day and a half. However, international number formats are now supported and I no longer receive junk messages from ICICI. The messages display correctly now.

What about you guys? Has anyone been daring enough to do the deed? :p

yup, the new FW update is out and it does include a baseband upgrade

Here's hoping that the OTB 1.1.2 unlock will be out soon :)

^ So the unlock shud be out for 1.1.2 in 3-4 days eh?

One more doubt, How long is the unlocking process??

And if something goes wrong while unlocking, does it brick the fone??

Need to unlock an ifonr for a frnd with the 1.1.2 FW, any way to do it now or do I have to wait??

wait!

till the unlock comes out...then wait again!

for a week or so for the first round of results to be in....

(the original Anysim 1.0 had multiple bugs which resulted in a bunch of troubles for those who unlocked their phones using that)

i'm gonna wait for a week or so max...

after that i'm getting myself one of those $70 turbosims available on ebay..enuf waiting man..!!

If you've waited for so long, why can't you wait for another 2 weeks? Once 1.1.3 is officially released, it's undoubted that 1.1.2 will be unlocked. This is because the 1.1.3 software update includes a baseband upgrade as well. So the necessary files required to unlock 1.1.2 i.e. the secpack can be retrieved from this update and successfully used to unlock 1.1.2.

i agree with tracerbullet . wait for few weeks . i m getting mine on 17th jan . hopefully by that time soft unlock should be available.

don't tell me someone is buying it for you on 17th or thereabouts...

there's a good chance they'll get a OTB 1.1.3 :eek:hyeah:

superczar said:
don't tell me someone is buying it for you on 17th or thereabouts...
there's a good chance they'll get a OTB 1.1.3 :eek:hyeah:
lol . they ve already purchased it for me . its just that they are coming on 17th jan . :)

By jailbreaking, u gain access to the file system. By unlocking, u unlock the baseband to be able to make/receive calls.

not to dampen ur spirits........but these are facts........from hackint0sh

As you all know the 1.1.3 Firmware has been leaked, it may not be a final version but never the least it has been leaked. After a discussion with a member of the iphone dev there is 1 good news but 2 bad news, Good news it does indeed have a Baseband/bootloader upgrade BUT the bad news apparrently apple have done a very good job with this update, it is encrypted with 1024bit key,which is not going to be very easy to crack could take a long while.Also even looking at it they dont even know if it will be possible to get the secpack from it, as i said Apple have done a very good job with this one. I will keep everyone updated on the Dev teams process during the week.

all 1.1.2 OTB hopefuls......watch this thread.........its only moderator operated and saves u from user trash.

[CONFIRMED] 1.1.3 Baseband Upgrade, Work has started. - Hackint0sh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back