The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it begins!

Geohotz, the first guy to unlock the iPhone has figured out a hardware unlock for OTB 1.1.2 bootloader 4.6 iphones. You can expect a software unlock to follow over the next couple of weeks ;)

Here's the link. Let's all cheer for him, shall we?

ok guys...........very good news if not excellent...........yesterday i went to my good old trusted phone shop to get a phone for my mum and there I see a iphone in its skin and a very small circuit board (sim card shaped)....exactly on the lines of turbosim lying on it. I kinda guessed it was the chinese/taiwanese version of turbosim which was also preiously selling on the inernational circuit (ebay and all) for around 30$. I inquired about the price and he was like 1800 bucks for the unlock. Now since I was there to get a phone for my mum I didnt probe further neither did I take a snap of it, which I repent. Anyway this evenin I called another dealer and got to know that this turbosim alternative is available in the market everywhere.

Guys desperate for an unlock........try looking for it.

BTWs I was inquiring at shops in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

EDIT: I tried lookin for it on ebay.in by typing iphone and bang its on the top of the list....though here its listed for Rs. 2500.........am pretty sure u can get it for less in the shops.......

eBay India: NEXT SIM UNLOCK 1.1.2 OTB IPHONE Stealth Sim for Iphone (item 230214729060 end time 20-Jan-2008 15:16:28 IST)

got a chip called xsim yesterday. cost was total of rs. 3000. it broke v1.1.2 uk version of iphone. works fine now. i guess it is a clone of turbosim but a lil cheaper than the same. works neat all functions too.

1.1.2 OTB is Now Offically H/W Unlocked

First of all, HUGE thanks to TA_Mobile and IMTH for getting us the secpack from 1.1.3 Also, thanks to psp_sully for giving me a 1.1.2 OTB phone to play with. Without them there would be no unlock, and no blog post.
YOU VERY WELL MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE WITH THIS. Be careful. I have done it sucessfully on two phones, and have never bricked an iPhone in my life.
So lets get down to business. It is a hardware method to downgrade the bootloader, and I am assuming you are familiar with the old hardware method, so I won't repeat steps. You need to have a 1.1.2 4.6 phone for this to work. If you upgraded to 1.1.3, have fun waiting for 1.1.4!

not entirely recommended right now..

guptaji said:
1.1.2 OTB is Now Offically H/W Unlocked

not entirely recommended right now..

its a hardware unlock and just a wee bit more of scratching the point mentioned and u stand the risk of bricking the phone by loosing contact. I still suggest, if you are really desperate, go for the turbosim alternative mentioned by me above..........1800 to 1500 bucks is not all that bad to spend !

Ragin_Ice said:
its a hardware unlock and just a wee bit more of scratching the point mentioned and u stand the risk of bricking the phone by loosing contact. I still suggest, if you are really desperate, go for the turbosim alternative mentioned by me above..........1800 to 1500 bucks is not all that bad to spend !

i totally agree..the h/w unlock is not recommended..

i have been toying with the idea of buying one of those turbosim clones off ebay for a coupla weeks now..just havn't found the time yet..
for upto 2k, going for a turbosim clone solution is totally worth it..as a matter of fact, i'm gonna and look for some of them in Ritchie street soon..
i'm tired of not using my iphone now...

guys..

any idea where can find a *sim for the 1.1.2 OTB..did find one chap in T.Nagar (in the singapore shopping plaza close to panagal park) but he is outta stock now..

i really dont mind spending a coupla grand to start using my iphone..

@adi..

any leads dude..??

yup even i m not goona wait for SW unlock as there is no update on it .

im getting xsim here in ahmedabad for 1500 Rs . one guy is offering me xsim for 1000 Rs . only if i buy it like 10 .

i m getting mine in a couple of days .

cisco_tech said:
yup even i m not goona wait for SW unlock as there is no update on it .
im getting xsim here in ahmedabad for 1500 Rs . one guy is offering me xsim for 1000 Rs . only if i buy it like 10 .
i m getting mine in a couple of days .

i tried some x sims they dont seem to work at all. its a headache, there is a reason they are so cheap.....

@ jesal
lol dude..was it one of those X-sims u were trying to sell me earlier :eek:hyeah:

and yeah...guys be careful when it comes to X sims..some work..some dont..dont take any ones word for it..try it for urself..make a coupla calls..send some SMS's and then buy one..

couldn't resist myself. :bleh:
so bought the xsim for 1500 Rs. and it is working perfectly. Network detected instantly after installing xsim. tried to make call and PhoneDialer Crashed .
then suddenly iWorld came in my mind. I ran the iWorld. And reboot it . Phone is working now .

# Youtube: YES
# Wifi: YES
# SMS IN/OUT: YES/YES
# Edge: Haven't Activated Yet
# Calls IN/OUT: YES/YES
# Carrier: Airtel

cisco_tech said:
couldn't resist myself. :bleh:
so bought the xsim for 1500 Rs. and it is working perfectly. Network detected instantly after installing xsim. tried to make call and PhoneDialer Crashed .
then suddenly iWorld came in my mind. I ran the iWorld. And reboot it . Phone is working now .

# Youtube: YES
# Wifi: YES
# SMS IN/OUT: YES/YES
# Edge: Haven't Activated Yet
# Calls IN/OUT: YES/YES
# Carrier: Airtel
Yep, iWorld is required for 1.1.2 iPhones in any officially unsupported countries. The crash occurs because the exact location syntax hasn't been fed into the iphone. So when you receive an SMS or make a call the phone app crashes after trying to match the syntax with the one in the phone's memory.

guptaji said:
@ jesal
lol dude..was it one of those X-sims u were trying to sell me earlier :eek:hyeah:

and yeah...guys be careful when it comes to X sims..some work..some dont..dont take any ones word for it..try it for urself..make a coupla calls..send some SMS's and then buy one..

uh no they are not and im not selling them in the first place. my dealer has them i had bought from him itself. i ordered 9 iphones so far some were 1.1.2 have played with all the lot. i wont sell something that does not work btw. i said i tried it i dint put it up for sale at all if u dint noticed.

tracerbullet said:
Yep, iWorld is required for 1.1.2 iPhones in any officially unsupported countries. The crash occurs because the exact location syntax hasn't been fed into the iphone. So when you receive an SMS or make a call the phone app crashes after trying to match the syntax with the one in the phone's memory.
Thanx for the info bro . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back