The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cisco_tech said:
couldn't resist myself. :bleh:
so bought the xsim for 1500 Rs. and it is working perfectly. Network detected instantly after installing xsim. tried to make call and PhoneDialer Crashed .
then suddenly iWorld came in my mind. I ran the iWorld. And reboot it . Phone is working now .

# Youtube: YES
# Wifi: YES
# SMS IN/OUT: YES/YES
# Edge: Haven't Activated Yet
# Calls IN/OUT: YES/YES
# Carrier: Airtel
Are you using 1.1.3?
Also, if i buy an OTB 1.1.3 and buy an xsim, will it work?

not X-sim..or maybe it is..

its a really cheap chinese make..all it says is "For i-Phone"

900 bucks

bought it through a local contact after one whole day of rummaging thru' chennai's grey markets..!!

will be testing it for a coupla days for signal and call stability in general..will report with the feedback..

also bought this :D

80 bucks :D

damn guptaji . u got it real cheap man !

btw screen guard for 80 bucks !! thts cheap too ..

here they are asking 300 Rs. for iPhone screen guard.

cisco_tech said:
Nope i m on 1.1.2 .

as far as i know there is no *sim solution available for OTB 1.1.3

Uh oh, so any phones bought now would be OTB 1.1.3 aka unlockable? :S

Crazy_Eddy said:
Uh oh, so any phones bought now would be OTB 1.1.3 aka unlockable? :S

testpoint method is there to downgrade the bootloader and baseband . But it is very risky. U have to disasemble the phone to do the testpoint.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Uh oh, so any phones bought now would be OTB 1.1.3 aka UN-unlockable? :S

Corrected. And yes :(

testpoint method is there to downgrade the bootloader and baseband . But it is very risky. U have to disasemble the phone to do the testpoint.

That can only be done for OTB 1.1.2 iPhones with bootloader 4.6. It has been confirmed that the new 1.1.3 iPhones have a new 4.x bootloader. So, even for a hardware based method to work, you'd have to theoretically wait for 1.1.4 to come out (assuming it sports a baseband upgrade) before you can attempt to hardware unlock a 1.1.3 iPhone.

Hmm, I have a question. If I wanna soft upgrade my unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 using Installer, will I lose all my data? (In this case, the only important data that isn't sync'd are my SMS's, and I really want to keep them).

If so, besides Syphone (Doesn't work for me, won't detect my iPhone on my MAC), is there any other solution to save my SMS's and transfer 'em onto my iPhone again post upgrade, considering I lose them during the process?

Would appreciate any input ^^

Nice to hear that..I will be unlocking my friends phone soon..So it would be good if you can post a tutorial (in your words)..I will also go through hackint0sh tuts!

cisco_tech said:
UNLOCKED IT SUCCESSFULLY.

will put the guide here by tonite . or u can check hackint0sh for guides.

sweeetness :p...........is the 1.1.3 OTB US jailbroken and more importantly unlocked ? ..........( too lazy to check out hackintosh :p)

can anyone please tell me how to change the themes of my iPhone ???

i downloaded a package from the installer but it did not work...???

cisco_tech said:
MASTER IS BACK AGAIN WITH 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 SW UNLOCK

On the iPhone

Long Live GEO . You are the GOD .

I m gonna try it on 1.1.2 and let u know guys .
Great reporting Cisco! Keep it up. What can I say, this is incredible news. Check out Geohotz's blog here for further details. Here it is.

So now that bootloader 4.6 has been hacked, any iphone presently existing in this beautiful world can be fully software jailbroken and unlocked. All those who were waiting to buy iphones, now's the time to do so lest Apple announces an update that fixes the bootloader exploit.

Unrealistic said:
Hmm, I have a question. If I wanna soft upgrade my unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 using Installer, will I lose all my data? (In this case, the only important data that isn't sync'd are my SMS's, and I really want to keep them).

Nope, you won't lose any data if you 'upgrade' the iphone to the new firmware. If you restore, then technically, yes, the iphone is taken back to its factory state but itunes does a full backup of the data before restoring the phone. After the restoration is complete, you can transfer the backup (which includes all your contacts, text messages, and notes) back to your iPhone.

If so, besides Syphone (Doesn't work for me, won't detect my iPhone on my MAC), is there any other solution to save my SMS's and transfer 'em onto my iPhone again post upgrade, considering I lose them during the process?. Would appreciate any input ^^

Yep, I've experienced bugs with Syphone too. I think it's a Leopard related issue. What version of OS X are you using? I managed to fix the bug for myself though. You have to navigate on your mac to your library>application data>syphone and delete any files you see over there such as sms.db etc. After that's done, Syphone will start but will say "no iPhone detected" Don't fret. Go to syphone preferences and uncheck the option which basically lets syphone run in the background all the time. Now restart the mac and give Syphone a shot once again. I should find the iPhone and show you all your text messages. It did for me at least. Report here if the fix works for you.

Hey tracerbullet,

Thanks for responding to my query! I got Syphone to work for me, I managed to get it done a couple days ago itself by unchecking the box in preferences. Good thing is, it's backed up, bad thing, I doubt I can get it exported, meh, no big deal.

As for the soft upgrade through Installer, I don't think iTunes backs up text messages, or does it? I've got it backed up, but I'd still like it on my phone too as long as I can help it :p

Either way, I need to upgrade it nonetheless, so it's unavoidable. A definitive answer on text messages would be a real life saver. I know iTunes backs up pics, songs etc., even my contacts. Only real question here is, will it back up and restore my text messages too? If not, will the upgrade 'reset' my iphone? If not, I don't have anything to worry about :)

Cheers!

P.s. I'm running Leopard on my MacBook!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back